Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dana, Happy birthday. I know how much you miss your Mom, I miss mine too.
Anastasia, welcome, you'll have fun here. Cheers to you as we clink our cups.
Kim, I was up at three watching the Nanny on tv.
Has anyone heard from Miss Betty? she hasn't been on in a few weeks.
I had an aggravating evening. We had to jump all over Nina because she is too busy planning her social schedule rather than studying. We took her cell phone away as a warning. She is not happy but oh well, too bad so sad. These 12 year old girls think they are 17. Grrrrrrr.
On that note, see you all later.

Susan.

I have 1 of those at home too! Daughter that is. She's 11 and a very well developed 11 yr old. She stretches her bedtime from 9 getting her shower to 10:30 before she's in bed. And, OMG you just pulverized her by taking away the cell phone. The other night I could hear Grayson's going off and it was almost 11. And how convenient when they bring you papers to sign when you're on yours! It's hard when they get a 91 on a paper and you know they could do better (93 is an A here).

That will be my next step! Taking it away. Good for you that you did it!

Kimmie

good mornin' to ya all! Sipping my chocolate mint mocha and wishing the sun was up out of bed already...its 8am!

Read through most of six pages and only retained a little, like Aly I am glad your feeling a little better, and you too Ann. Glad you have wonderful friends to come and help you out. What a special blessing!

Yes the pre teens can be worse than the teen age! My lil one is going to be 13 in Jan. and is definately got an attitude. She's at the emotional stage where everthing is a drama. She can be laughing and smiling one second, and cry or screeming the next! And she hasn't hit the pms stuff yet!

Oh the joys of motherhood!

Ok, status here is that we leave in less than two weeks! But its still hinged on one last test that happens this Friday. I just hope I do not have to wait through the weekend to get the results. I told him he better not wait till monday if that report gets in the afternoon. They put a rush on it for me. So far they did an ultrasound, Upper GI with small intestine follow through. That is when they found something and the doc is hoping its just a large lympoma (fatty cells) in my abdomin. So a CAT scan is happening on Friday. I have given it over to God to deal with and I am focused on last preparations for our trip.

Have a great day everyone! I am off to get a refill! ;)

Wow, you folks have been busy this morning, I was on deadline for some projects so couldn't catch my breath until right now (12:30 LUNCH time!)

Susan, what do you mean by "Jim, Helen uses a woodchipper."? Hmmphh! You're telling everyone my secrets, no more of doing that or I'll be calling your Uncle Guido myself! :) You're gonna scare Aly and Liz away... I know, you and your Uncle should come up and chaperone us all.

Anastasia, welcome to our madness, sorry to hear that you're down, but read a few pages of this mayhem and you're guaranteed to feel better... at least you know you're not alone! And you too Becky, you and Dana may not be too far away from each other, unless you have to go around lake Champlaine to get there.

Dana, so sorry about your Mom, it's such a loss to be dealing with... I feel so blessed that my Mom comes over once a week or so for tea, and she's 84... she walks better than me, and you come over here and you can adopt her! She used to be called "Ma Grimm" to about half the town I think. I'm sending you some birthday wishes, and will try to send you a cake tomorrow... strawberry short cake is our family tradition!

Joyce, Ann, Aly, Diane, Di, I hope you're all recuperating from your illnesses, and Susan, no more falls! Joni, Marta, we haven't heard much from you lately, same with you Meg! Hoping your all feeling ok in your houses...

Hey, where's Liz been?

Kimmie, you're a riot, but I keep telling you, I can't pick up any large packages, and there's no room in the backyard! I know, you should offer to take him to Aruba, there's plenty of people from the U.S. that are going missing there... sadly...

Sorry if I missed anyone, I need to go hit the bathroom soon!

Love to all

Oh Susan and Joyce, just a word of warning about those 11 year olds who act like they're 17... mine's no better at 17 with the mood swings! At least I know she's not into dangerous things, but wow, the anger management needs some work! :)

Happy birthday Dana, sorry you are feeling sad, welcome Anastasia, nice to have an Aussie to keep me company! Us antipodeans must keep together. I have a couple of chocolate ganache cup cakes left over........coming your way.

Helen, I just watched a tv program me a bout a man who killed 3 people after meeting them on the Internet . The program me talked about how naive people are trusting others from the Internet! Scary. :) well not really :)

My Sam is 13 on Friday. My last child to enter teenage hood. We are taking 10 children up to our beach house for the weekend joy oh joy! What fun it will be ( sarcasm). Sam is a quiet well behaved young man.......I often wonder when the Sh.....t will hit the fan, but so far so good.
Anna and Charlotte just left the house for their morning run! Anna survived her practical yesterday. Yay.

Virus is still here, but I got up every 3 hours and took pills to keep the pains away. I am sick of it. Haven't been sick for ages, so can't complain and I am glad it's this week and not next week. I could never travel feeling this way. Another day at home :(.

Meg, glad you popped in. Always a delight.

To everyone else have a great day

Good Morning/Afternoon...I'll take a cuppa and one of the long Johns...thnaks

Welcome Anastasia, dont get alarmed if folks in here get a little crazy, it's all in fun. Hope you find some smiles in here with your cuppa.

Aly, glad you feeling a wee bit better, Hi meg thanks for popping in....Akmom hoping your test goes ok and nothing is found.. Helen what's up with the woodchipper?...Susan you where up watching me on TV, how did that happen...LoL....Becky...mmmm coffee and toast!...Dana Happy preBirthday..:).....Jim thanks for bringing the Long Johns could you bring some Dark chocolate crossaunts tomarrow...pleeeze! Oh and Jim we all dont do the pinky thing, I use two hands to hold my Jiynormouse Coffee Mug..LOL......Kimmie, Kimmie, Kimme you are soooo chipper this morning so happy you are here and chit chatting away with such wonderful family stories..:) Marta?...Patty? Diane?, Sharon?

Ok I really gotta get some coffee down me and get this place spiffted out for mom's homecomming soon...down to the wire now. Coffeeeeee here I come....:)

Hey I think it's Kimmie who has the chipper, not me!

I just found out that one of my best friends may have MS... it just never ends. And the neuro who told her that was the same one who diagnosed me without any preparation/conversation ahead of time for me. Prayers for my friend Mary that the neuro is wrong.

Busy day here!
Joyce, prayer to you and I'm stowing away in your suitcase. I have a passport in case I get caught!
Aly, get on the mend, chop,chop. You have a trip you can't be sick for.
Kim, Nina is 12 but looks 16. Wears the same bra size as me. All the girls look like that at her school. It's a good thing they wear uniforms. The boys are small and the girls tower over them. She's a good kid but got over her shyness this year. Add a bunch of friends that do something fun every weekend and school takes a back seat. So we nipped that in the bud last night. Life's tough and it just got tougher minus a cell phone.
Were is Liz and Ann?

Hi everyone! I got lost in my closet and just now dug my way out. Phew that was a close one. Glad it is done. I hope everyone has a great day. I am still in cleaning mode and just stopped in to see what I missed. Helen I sure hope the dr is wrong about your friend. Having a good friend to hold her hand will surely be a comfort to her. I am shocked how some doctors can be so cold.
Susan you are doing the right thing with Nina. It is hard to be tough but it does pay off when they hit those hard teen years. She will know you mean business.
Aly get better, Di rest up and get some strong coffee in you. Kimmie I hope you are well. For everyone else that I didn't mention be blessed. My brain fog has hit.

Helen- that really sucks and I know just how u feel. my roomate mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer. had a double mastectomy. My roomie kinda freaked and went in for her first mammogram. Well they saw something so shes gotta go have tests. One of my best girlfriends may have colon cancer. Fun friggin times.... NOT

Helen and Liz so sorry about your friends that just stinks...life is so hard some times, just doent seem fair. I will keep them all in prayer and you guys also, cause your in their life for a reason even if to just hold their hand like Linda said, be strong my friends, we have to be.

Already for the Mom's homecomming in 2 hours....whewwww...movie on for the kidoos so they dont mess up house....I am sure that will happen 2 ...no 1 minute after I leave....LOL

Hoping all are haveing a Great day!...popping out now.."I'LLLL Beee Baaack"

Helen, I have a close friend with MS. I remember 14 years ago when she got the diagnosis, it was so devastating. Now she is happy well and apart from a slight limp she is fine. She is on the nataluzimab clinical trial, and the drug although risky, is amazing. It's on the market now and used a lot in the USA. Patients have to buy it here and it's not affordable for most people.
The positive thing about MS is that the new disease modifying agents are highly effective and changing the face of ms for most people.
I would have MS a billion times before any of the MND's

Well gee is it me that's going to start page 300.

I have already forgotten what everybody has said and didn't take notes; so from memory:

Joyce, prayers that everything comes out ok. Did you say anything when the d r. Said fatty ______? I know when I had to go for an m r I of the breasts, I looked at the machine and then the technician and said mine will get lost in there. It was a new machine just for boobs and had 2 enormous squares that uyou put your boobs in.

Aly, you better keep those New Zealand germs on your side of the water. Hannah came down with the swine flu when her rich friends who went to the private school here all ignored the warning and went on their Sr. Class trip to Mexico. They come to her surprise party and that was their gift to her. They caused a pandemic with shutting schools down and everything! I would hate to see your pic for the #1 person wanted by the CDC!

Now; Helen, I was talking statue nothing weighing over 5 lbs got me?! I can't handle anything over that or it flies out of my hand!

Now, I have forgotten so will post this and go back and read again.

Kimmie

Why or why did my post disappear?

So sorry Liz and Helen about you friends. Life just seems so unfair sometimes. Will be praying for all of you.

Ready for Mom,...comming in 2 hours...Whewwwww!

Hope ypou all had a Great Day!

Ok geezzzz my board is going crazy, is anyone else having a problem? now I have two posts...sorry about that....:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back