Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo ..Helen....it is like 3:19 am right now ...going to bed now and you are going to a parade, .....crazy world!....:)

Kimmie......if I ever get toSC I will definately help you out...what I do best!....Not the cleaning myself anymore but the Nanny Superviser!...:)

NIght All....or should I say Morning?......LOL

Helen,

I am surprised about the sports. We had rugby in MD and my husband coached American Football and now Soccer for the last 20 yrs. When he moved here (I had to stay behind and sell the house) he had a team that barely covered the field. Well, within 3 years, he had expanded the varsity team into a varsity. Jv and a girls soccer team. He got his boys as high as 2nd in the state! Got my son a full scholarship for academics as well as his soccer skills. He left the next year and went to another school district. He built their program up and now he is at the school he is now. And again, he has built that team up. Next year, matt will play for the high school varsity team! Grayson, played her first time this year for the Y and they kept asking me, "are you sure she's never played before?". Nope first time and boy she is good. Apparently the coach has never seen a kid kick/pass with both feet!

Even after 20 years of him coaching, there are still some rules I don't understand!

Have a Marvelous Monday and toss me a vanilla/yellow cupcake!

Kimberly

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has a good day. Another warm beautiful day here, I would like this weather to last for another few months.

Dana

Peter, you're definitely my favorite Taz...choc chip muffins are nearly ready to leave the oven!

Di, my goodness, you need to sleep. 2 more days...you'll have the kids nicely trained!

Kimmie, sports have really changed since my school years, when there was no soccer or lacrosse in HS. My 1st year of college was in VA, where soccer was "the game". Phil's school had lacross as the main sport.

I'm rooting for you as you make downstairs your own area today, and am glad you have kids around who will help do the running around.

Aly, may the stone flush out, never to return [so to speak], leaving you feeling much better. I have 2 and a half days of antibiotics in my system, which by the way taste nasty, and directions to take them for 3 to 5 days. I do not want to quit too soon, and hope to be strong! No muscle relaxer in me now.

Helen, dear love, let them know even if you do become teary. My friends from church do my shopping, some food prep (all food until Phil decided to take it on), and have learned how to do all of my care... and do it with such love and consideration. I realize you also have wonderful family, neighbors and friends, who will help you...the more, the merrier!

Have a great Monday or Tuesday!

Good morning all! Just popping in to say hi and wish you all the best.
Love and light
Meg

I'm going to start with Meg! Only because she was last and I remembered hers! It's good to see you pop in once in a while to let us know you and your family are doing okay.

Dana, I remembered yours because this will be the third winter with no hear; so, yeah to this wonderful weather!

Peter, you can have my muffin today as long as you stay around. And don't grab it, eat it and run. We Ladies need someone to anchor us once, oh who am I kidding at least 3 times in a while!

And Ann, your my double dose of meds today. My kids run? Hahaha, that's a laugh! And as soon as I ask one of them to do me a favor.....well, they are GONE like roaches when you turn the light on!

By the way, has Marta come home yet? I thought her trip was for the weekend?

Have a Marvelous Monday, I am getting ready for a shower!

A quick good morning! I couldn't log on last night and had a lot to catch up on.
Aly, anothe house hunters on tv in New Plymouth,NZ. Very pretty reminds me of Fl beaches.
See you all later!

Helen and Ann, we had all those sports including lacrosse when I went to high school (I graduated in 1978). When we moved here Courtney and Lindsay both had lacrosse stix and people would ask us what they were doing?

We just got a wrestling team at Hannah's old high school 2 yrs ago. Boy, are they behind the times down here. About 10 yrs ago, they had a warning for lady shoppers to not leave their purses unattended in the buggies (shopping carts for the normal people; sorry if I offend a southerner). But those kind of things had been happening up north way before I moved her in 1991.

It' good and it's bad at the same time!

Kimmie

Susan was that because you were so wasted last night at the pub, you couldn't see the keyboard? Oops, I broke the #1 rule: what happens at the pub, stays at the pub! Sorry!

Good morning everyone,
I had a lot of catching up to do and I didn't take notes. Helen, I am so glad you were able to make it to church and now everyone knows. You will have the best support team. I understand about the tears. I had to stop going because I couldn't control the crying. I wasn't diagnosed yet so I had no clue what was going on. Your town seems lovely, a place I have only dreamed of visiting.
Aly, glad your kidneys are a bit better. Cranberries really are the best cure. I envy your visit with Helen. You are going to have a wo derful visit.
Ann, glad you are on the mend. Take all the meds even though they taste yucky. You would benefit greatly from some cranberry juice also.
Di, I sure could use your organizing skills at my house. I have so much I need to go through and purge. This beast has a way of making you want to simplify your life. Get rid of all the stuff! It is so unnecessary anymore.
Today I will be cleaning my closet. It has been over a year since my last day of work and I have all my work clothes, shoes, purses, etc that are still hanging there. None of it fits me anymore and I have no use for business clothing anymore. It will be good therapy for me. I need to face the music.
I hope I got everyone's names right. This brain fog can really make you dumb sometimes. I will take a chocolate cupcake and a chocolate chip muffin as well. Hot cup of coffee will give me the surge of energy I need to tackle my closet.
Blessings to everyone! Have a great day.

Hi All,
Went down the street to be sure I was there at 9 a.m., looked east, looked west, not a soul in sight! The parade didn't start until at least 9:30, so I went over the library and bought a couple books, some of their cookies (both are traditions) and helped out at the Boy Scout troop a little... Saw both boys marching, and didn't even realize that 2 of the cute little Girl Scouts and Daisy Scouts were my nieces! What a day, it was hot for October, think I'm sunburned. The van was parked over at the library so the boys dropped their uniforms and instruments off there and after taking all my money were off eating their way through the place... lobster bisque was the best thing I saw at the booths, Andrew allowed me to have a bit of his. All kinds of crafts... got the scooter stuck in mud, then stuck in a hole, then it died on the hill with all the dead grass. Matt came over to help me take it apart, nothing seemed wrong... duh, we hit the fuse reset and it was fine. Meanwhile, saw all kinds of people I haven't seen in a while. Met my best friend from high school at 1:30 (seemed REALLY late by then) and mosied around the field again. Bought a couple more books, the library was kind enough to let me in and use their handicap facilities, all is well! Had a great time, I'm looking forward to a nice cup of tea to relax with and start one of the books. I got a 2 book set of Grimm's Fairy Tales (my maiden name) illustrated by Maurice Sendack.

Aly and Liz, you'll be happy to know that half the town now knows that you two are coming to visit! And I might even be picking Aly up in a friend's limo so we can do a quick tour of Boston on the way home... Oh driver... oh pool boy, oh cabana boy! Wish I were rich, I could get used to that!

Life is good...

Morning all, just risen after a late start. Feeling loads better. I had 9 round the table for dinner last night.......wonderful, it was like old times. I just loved the buzz. Made a favorite recipe of chicken with salad, pita bread and a yummy yoghurt and lemon sauce.

Helen, sounds like you had a lovely day, I have been checking the weather up your way daily, as well as San Fran and you are often a little warmer. I got my suitcase out yesterday so that when I wash the clothes I want to bring, they can get packed straight away. I live in jeans!
I have to grouch at my girls all the time. For sitting on the carpet and applying their make up, both on their faces and the carpet!

Anna is a box of nerves, poor girl, she is about to drive to Auckland for her final short case examinations. If she fails, then she repeats the year. There is no chance of her failing as she is brilliant and the top student, but she never listens.

Peter, I really thought SA would beat you, you must admit, they played a little better than the wallabies. I was horrified with Allblacks game initially, but they got it together. They had that horrible little Welsh referee. The injuries that they have now, will definitely effect the outcome. We have now lost Dan Carter and his replacement. The guy they bought in was on his way to La for a holiday! Can't be well prepared. Israel Dagg is out, Chris Kahui, out, Miles Muiliana, out with a broken shoulder ...........we are totally screwed and Australia will beat us.

Kimberley, wish you could sleep my dear.

Meg, good to hear you are still lurking

Di.......you need a holiday. When my parents were younger, they would look after our kids once a year, then we would shout them a great holiday somewhere as a thanks.....maybe your can send you here to me and I could show you an amazing time :) Drop a hint.

Ann, keep the abs going. Glad they seem to be working. Darn that catheter, it really caused a ton of issues didn't it?

I made 2 batches of cup cakes, almost all gone. Now everyone is annoyed cause I am not helping their waistlines...he he he!

Love you all, rain today so not sure how to entertain Sam and his friend who is staying over. Might make some bread and get them to make it into a cool shapes before baking. Then they can eat it for lunch.

Cu l8r

Linda, you live where I want to live. I want it to be summer or spring year round!

Helen, pool boy, cabana boy as long as they are older than my son (he's almost 32) would be fine with me too! What an adventure that would be. Hey maybe I could write on of those hot romance novels they sell.

Aly; I, like Linda, envy you also. I guess I just married down! I did date a Navy Midshipman for a while. I should have married him and seen the world! It would be just my luck that he would be stateside or in Antarctica!

Well day is winding down for me, I am exhausted and didn't do a darn thing. And nobody helped me paint the trim around the door or cut the doorknob opening, so I could put the new door handle on. Ann, can I borrow Phil for a few hrs. I know he would do it! Or maube I should ask Kim to come up with a cloning formula so we can clone him.

Have a wonderful afternoon/evening! School tomorrow....oh what fun!

Much Love to All.

Kimmie

Good Morning/Afternoon....:)

OOOOOOWW..Chocolate cihp cupcakes and coffee....Thanks

Way too much chatter this morning...dont think I will comprehend till a few more cups of coffee this morning...LOL
Aly , I have always wanted to visit NZ, on my bucket list as well as a million other things so I better be around for a loooog time...LOL
Helen sounds like you have an awesome day out....Ann so good to hear you are on the mend....Susan, Kimmie, Meg. Linda so glad you are all doing well this fine October day...:)

Breakfast time for kiddos, better get to barking my orders once again...:)

Virtual Cupcakes ...mmmmm....cant get enough, and great for the waistline...LOL

Hello everybody! Since I cant eat wheat, I brought my own See's Chocolates to have for breakfast with tea....dark chocolate......with gooy centers and nuts....
I find that I do not have the energy anymore to put things away....there are stacks of stuff everywhere...I feel like one of those awful Hoarders on reality tv...lol...so I found a group of christian guys who volunteer to help folks...I asked them to come to my place and help me clean out all the junk and haul it away. ANd help me organize stuff so I can reach things. This will feel sooo good!

Hope all of you have a wonderful evening...love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back