Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok too many of you are falling! Susan, Di, please be careful..Aly you and Diane need to get rid of that nasty mess!Sharon you be careful too..Had a good visit with my sis, two nephews, and there kids today. Aly the grownups played with the photo booth on the IPad like little kids making all them ugly faces. They were cracking me up! Just left the funeral home, a friends dad has passed away.:( Just want to HUG all my friends here!

Forgot to tell you last night went for some pickup japanese..me and my sis, someone backed into my car, tore the bumper up:(

Ha ha Joni, it works on animals, make Bama a little fatty.
Sorry about your car......that's not good:(
My pains gone and I am still a little high. I walked into the wall lol! I could definitely handle feeling like this all the time, but would get nothing done. Oh and I would of course ba an addict......that can't be good.

Joni, love you. But sorry about the car!

Sharon, as long as you don't crash all is well!

Di and Aly, I haven't done a lot of riding, but Phil's parents kept horses here, and I agree with you about the smell. Love it!

Aly, whoa, be careful of how you walk. I really hope there's nothing seriously wrong connected with this pain.

Well, I am still drinking water constantly and living in the loo! The theory is that if it's a kidney stone, it will flush out. I am fine, nothing will keep me off the plane in 12 days! Wahoo not long to go.

Joni , so sorry about your car, that stinks....Hope the meal was Good anyway.

Ally, be careful with the meds, sorry the wall jumped out at you....datn walls, can't trust um!....Sometimes floors do that too, just jump up and smack ya in the face............12 days till takl offf........yeah!

Ann always so nice to see your smiling face...:)

Sharon be careful...no more falling either, enjoy your day....
Diane, Susan, Helen, Linda, Liz, Marta?, Becky, Mary, Rita, Jim, laurel, dana, kimmie, TR and all others Have a wonderful evening...:)

The meal was good, the car will be fixed..Aly even better i made bama have two heads haha, Ann I love you too!

Muscle cars. Vrooom Used to go to the drags all the time. I owned a 64 vette. 63,64 chev. Impala's.
65 Gto with tri.power. And there was a few clunkers in the middle. Loved those cars, wish I still
had them, obviously...when your young we compete for cool. :)

Had a very busy week-end. Church this morning, and golf this afternoon. Sat. night small fire
with smoore's, great weather and stars were so beautiful. Rode my son's Harley for a while.

Yes, making good use of the time as it is great weather for a while yet....

Have a great rest of the week-end...

Jim

Aly, drink cranberry juice to help your kidneys flush out whatever... don't worry, we have plenty of cranberry bogs here in Mass., nothing like a Cape Codder (Cranberry juice & vodka)... you won't need your drugs then either.

No more falls ladies, I think Di's right, too much time over at the pub!

Picked our pumpkins out today, got an ice cream cone, and then the great pumpkin lighting at the town common tonight. My son and I made a yummy shish kabob (without the skewers lol) and had those, and then I sent them all off to the pumpkin patch. I wonder what the residents of the revolutionary war cemetary must think about this event, they're on the other side of the stone wall. People are really creative, I saw pictures of one of Steve Jobs of Apple, angry birds, elmo, the headless horseman, mario, and many more.

A friend of mine who saw me at church today came over while everyone was coming and going and we had a glass of wine and chatted, and then she told me that some of the folks at church who never knew what was wrong were like, "how long have you known..." to her. I had made her swear to secrecy on my diagnosis, as I didn't want my boys finding out from someone else. So now it looks like they want to start coming over with dinners, and cleaning and stuff... I told her that I was all set for most things right now, but could use a bit of help for my next Open House which is now next Sunday. I've been avoiding going to church for a while as I didn't want to get into it with everyone, I can't control my tears at times like that... but today was a good day to go, and I only lost it once. It was funny, because when I talked to my minister months ago about this, I know he put me on the prayer list, but I told him I didn't want everyone to know yet. So today during the "Concerns and Celebrations" part of our sermon, when he asked if anyone had any... he kept looking over at me, but I just couldn't say anything for myself. But now that I've been "outed", it will be easier to deal with it all. They're great people, and he's hysterically funny at times. As he said today, if you put 10 Congregationalists in a room together, you'd get 17 opinions on what to do, as the other 7 would call it in! Guess he means we like to get our opinions out there. Funny thing is, half our congregation grew up Catholic or other religions. I went to this church as a child, but only became an official member about 3 or 4 years ago. Went to a bunch of other churches throughout the years, but this one is definitely the one I'm comfortable in. Aly, you'd have a grand time in this church, it's a typical New England church, at the top of a hill, the Revolutionary War cemetery is next to it, on the other side is the Town Hall. White steeple, over 100 year old building. Pretty neat.

Hope everyone is tucked into bed and sleep well tonight, I have a parade to go to tomorrow morning at the end of my street. It goes from the Bank at one end of Main Street to the Library, about 2 blocks, and includes the fire engines, the vets, a couple of antique cars (usually carrying a few of the vets), the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Brownie Scouts (any other scouts that may be in town) and the soccer teams, the Pop Warner football teams, and oh yes, the high school and middle school bands (which my sons are in each of them). So it's short and sweet, guaranteed candy to be thrown by someone, and then off to the library for the book sale, and the field by St. Marks School for the rest of the festivities. Usually you eat your way through the place, pet a few llamas, and then buy a few crafts, see everyone in town. Lots of fun, little town fairs! This one is called Heritage Day to celebrate our town starting in 1727...

Love to all!

Helen, it's probably a good thing you have been outer, it's hard, but many lovely people will, I am sure help you( as you have already found out). as I said to Patty, accepting help is much harder than helping.
Going to tour church would be amazing, I can picture it already, bliss.
My pains stayed away so I feel much better, just hope it stays away. My colds now flowing, so that feels better as well. Thanks for the caring.
I made cupcakes for afternoon tea. You can all have one for breakfast when you wake up. Actually that would be gross so keep it for morning tea.

For those who like rugby ( yea right), teams going to semi finals are......us, of course, Australia ( shame), France, Wales.

Next weekend we play Australia. Not sure I will be able to watch, NZ has a world cup curse......something always happens, even after a year beating all other teams constantly, we always blow it. We will again.

Ok off to the ...........AGAIN.

Ann,
i hope you are feeling better now and are up to baking a batch of muffins for your favorite devil

Aly,
one out of two for your last lot of picks in the rugby. What were you doing going against your neighbors.
Now we will just have to beat the next team we play, a team that dresses in all black and poke their tongues out in their pre match warm up.
( this dig at your team, might just come back to bite me, but for now i can dig all i want to ) :lol: :lol:
cheers,
Peter

Well here I am like clock work. Actually, I have been awake for an hr, laid here trying to sleep and finally said what the he<<, I might as well get up. Had a quiet yesterday. James cooked on the grill and Lindsay fixed the veggies. Courtney of course, sat and did nothing. James asked me if I would teach her how to cook but she never gets her butt out of the chair. I feel sorry for him bc she is quite lazy when it comes to housework. I have tried but she has never been one to just pick up and do it. Her room here at the house and blames me for the mess. The mess is hers from the weddong. All the fish bowls that were used as decorations for the tables. I boxed them up for her to put in her storage room but that is as far as they have gotten. I want to finish painting the room so I can put it back together. I need to paint the white trim and pull up the carpet. Last room in the house that has carpet....all the others have heart pine flooring, beautiful when they are refinished. Just have to remind them, no food or drinks allowed once the rooms are done, but I might as well talk to the wall because those that have the finished floor still take drinks in there. They don't care they didn't pay for it!

Boy, I didn't realize how angry that makes me!

Well, off to the pub for a while. Not for a drink, but. Sure could use one right now!

Much Love to All,

Kimmie

Whewwwww....just finished cleaning up parents room with kids...off to bed you go kiddos....lol.....now us big girls will watch a movie and sleepy by...I hope...I am soooooo tired 2 more days and back to my box and little garden of eden...thinkin kids wont want me to come in again after instructing them in Clean House and Organization...lol...which was badly needed. Hope they can keep it this way....who am I kidding...LOL.....Sleep well all you out there cyberspace beings....Love you all!

Di, when you finish cleaning that house you can come and help my kids clean mine. I don't have that loud voice anymore, so they half listen to ne! And I need the upstairs cleaned before winter comes. As of tomorrw I will officially move downstairs don't know where my clothes will go yet, but maybe I could find one of those trunks made out of banana leaf to put my stuff in. The tv takes up the whole armoire. We don't have tv so I could move it or sell it, though! Then the kids will all move out because they will realize no tv permanently!

Not a bad idea!

Have a Maevelous Monday,

Nuch }ove to all,

Kimberly

Hi All, just popping in quickly to see if Aly will throw me one of those cupcakes, I love the chocolate ones! Having my tea, waiting for 9:00 so the parade will start...

Kimmy, know what you mean about the rooms and the floors! I'm constantly tell my daughter Linnea who's the worst of the three of them to get the food out of her room! Her floor was refinished a couple of years ago but you can't see it for all the clothing and trash on it. There's a wastebasket, USE it! :( Oh, be sure to unplug all those tv's that you're not using as they still suck the power even when turned off. I have an extra tv converter box if you want me to send it to you, bought it when the coupons were out, but am not using it! Let me know, and all you'll need is an antenna for the tv.

Peter, when you and Aly talk about rugby and soccer (football?) we don't have a clue what you're talking about either! Friendly rivalries are a good thing to watch... Go Patriots, they beat the Jets yesterday, but I didn't even watch the game.

Di, your post is like 4:30 a.m.! I know there's a time difference but you need to go to bed earlier, or go to the pub and make good use of those nighttime hours!

Saying hello to everybody on this gorgeous Columbus Day, am off to our "spectacular" parade in a few minutes!

Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back