Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw what may be my new wheelchair van, but my scooter won't go over the little ramps at the end... it's filthy dirty right now, but hopefully will be ours soon. I don't need the ramp yet, but this is a nice vehicle for the money, so hoping.

Kim, you're right, that cloud has got to go away, I'm stepping out from under it in a minute, and since I cancelled the open house due to the fleas in the attic, I'm going to enjoy this beautiful weekend!

It seems like I have had that black storm cloud over me my whole life! And now it seems to spread when I let people in to my life.

Wow Helen are you going to ask your hubby to wash it or are we going to hear a horror story of you falling off the ladder? Let him do some work! I feel like all I do is man bash but not our guys here. They are sweet! (Ooooh do I hear suck up?)

Has anybody seen Liz today? I left her at the pub and now I better go find out if she's with that clean up guy; can't remember his name! I don't want her bruised anymore, she has a trip coming up!

Well my shower is done and in a little while will be going to columbia for dinner with Lindsay and Chris-their treat! Hey maybe this day isn't going to be as bad as I thought. Still haven't heard from my oldest son, DIL and grands. They are in the outer banks of NC, thought maybe a few pics or a text would be nice!

Have a Fun Friday as Linda put it!

My Love to All,

Kimmie

Happy birthday dear Kimberly. I completely disagree with you about your black cloud spreading when you let people in to your life. You bring sunshine and a smile to mine. :)

My post #4304 just showed up--- almost 22 hours after Iwrote it......../////////?

or it was floating around in cyberspace before landing. giggles

I went back 5 pages to find it. I'm glad that soda worked for you like it did Ann. Couldn't see why it took so long to post though. Like I said someone must have been asleep at their post. (JK Al and Richard)

Diane, Oh I hope you feel better soon...this disease makes having a cold very much a big deal. I'm glad your cola is helping for cutting through the phlegm.

I've had an insightful morning with my nurse, who immediately understood why hurrying is the case. Staying impossibly busy means no time to think, when thinking is very painful. It tore me up that I had complained. We had a much slower lunch today...followed by a wonderful success when Phil checked into a work mission, which lifted today....something he invented 12 years ago. It points a telescope off a balloon, within less than an arc-second of error. A fine way to end a career.

Lifting my tube of water! Clink, clink!

Good day Ladies and Gents...I am gonna have to start setting my alarm clock at ohhh say 3 am to catch all you folks for tea, seems by the time I arrive all the goodies are gone and I have to make my own coffee...:-(

Happy Happy Birth Day Kimmie..wahooo another one!.... Have a great dinner!

Helen so sorry about all the troubles with all those dang fleas!...Diane and Ann hoping you both are feeling much better today!......Susan, rest up hon..and try to not worry, we are all praying!....Aly.wohooo vacation time soon, yeah!......Liz where’d ya go, last seen sneaking out of Pub, hmmmm…………Jim you always make me smile…..Joni, bama is so cute, and don’t work to hard today…..TR you are a wealth of info and so needed here…..Marta, such a sweety, making me smile , yours is infectious….Rita, go hippy dippy…lol……Lori, praying for your daughter……Dana, you have a good weekend also, why do we have to stay out of the brownies?.....Mary, enjoy your beautiful days….Linda, scrambled eggs with green chilies and some country fried potatoes. A little bit of sausage gravy to top it off, coming up!, I know a little late, been busy and can I meet your dentist, what a sweetie. OK who did I miss? Go ahead and bonk me on the head now!...So sorry in advance but let me know , working on my senior moment scores…LOL.:)

So happy kids are still sleeping!......time to plan battle plan for the day..which room to conquer first today…:)
Have a great day EVERYONE…pass the Chocolate éclairs…Pleeeeeze

Last edited:
Wow Di, your post rocks......did you need notes?
I have just put my foccacia bread in for the second rise. If you missed out on the earlier food, you can catch some bread. Due in about 45 minutes.

It's Saturday here, started well, but now overcast. I need to do some weeding, but left it a bit too late. I need to mow the lawns, they look awful, luckily I have a rideon as we have 1 1/2 acres of grass! Imagine doing it br push mower?

My car just needed 4 new tyres, I failed to keep the correct pressures and wheel alignment, so I am TOLD. I have always, said, you look after my car and I will look after the house! Obviously as his majesty forgot, it's now all my fault and cost $800. No problem, from now on, I will check my tyre pressures once a month, and HE can do his own ironing, fair swop I think. I will have it easy, he he he. Marta, all men are apparently the same in all countries!

Sorry men, but if you hang out here, expect some flack from the hormonal or menopausal women.

Joni, Bama is such a wee cutie, mischievous , but terribly cute.

2 weeks to go..............

Last edited:
Oh Ya...note taking now a must....I just have microsoft word doc on side .....yes i am a cheater...LOL

It seems to me that I read a few pages back someone mentioning "impatience" -- I think it was referring to caregivers. If not, well, I am. :)

Having been on both sides of the fence I remember those deep sighs I gave when things didn't moved along as fast as I thought they should with my husband while I was careing for him and now that I am on this side of the fence I find that I am impatient with my caregiver at times. Not always because of what he does or doesn't do, but his sighs or the tone of his voice when he answers me, I know that I am bothering him or I'm keeping him from doing something he deems more important.

So far the thing that I find most irritating, is when I have to go to the bathroom and he stops in front of the TV while I am waiting to be helped onto the toilet. Geez, when a girl's gott'a go, she's gott'a go!

Oh so sorry Diane that must be so frustrating for you, How about yelling "HURRY"!Or You will be SORRY!.......I cannot imagine a guy caretaker for me...no,no,no,no,no,no

Update, Grandson, Bobby 15 with mom & dad in Texas...Won GOLD in men's NOGI!, Jiu Jitsu Tournament..more matches to come...:)

Last edited:
Well home safe and sound. As I stated on another post; this has been the best birthday by far. I had all of you guys with me. My A$$ left me for the weekend with a text of happy bday, dinner in Columbia with lindsay and her fiancee Chris (at least after they stopped bickering back and forth)? Came home to a beautiful flower arrangement and fruit basket from my sister and a card with a check in it from my parentsand I'm going to type it for you:

What I wish for you, Daughter, is nothin less than the miracle you have been to me. I wish for you a deep sense of happiness, whatever that may look like in your life. Whatever choices you make and journeys you take, I wish for you endless wonder, abundant laughter, and a feeling of being important and valued. Most of all, I wish that you will carry my love with you throught all of it, because it's always going to be there.

After wiping away the tears; I am now at peace because they have accepted what ever the outcome will be.

And I bid you good night and pleasant dreams from me,

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back