Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
My posts to my moderation.... or it is lost in cyberspace? Oh well, know that I'm thinking of you all and watch for a post that took me a long time to compose. Maybe that's why it is hung up -- moderation figured it was just too long and too silly. I'll try and do better I promise.

Maybe I just have my brain turned off....but what is the goal of the' come for tea' thread? Sorry if it sounds silly...is it like more of an IM chat board? just curious :)

Maybe I just have my brain turned off....but what is the goal of the' come for tea' thread? Sorry if it sounds silly...is it like more of an IM chat board? just curious :)

Does it have to have a goal? Or a purpose? Or a subject? Or a direction?

Sometimes, it is better simply to be, than to try to be something. Or merely to enjoy the moment and those sharing it with you, rather than to classify it.

My, My, My, GOOD DAY EVERBODY! Coffee Please and some of those Lemon cookies.yummmm...

You all sound soooo good today. This is my HAPPY PLACE, also Sharing anything and everything, Sanity Center, and CRAZY House all rolled into one! Agree TR, No classification needed...:)

I survived to see another day, woohooo........the munchkins did not do me in, yet! Big sister making them pancakes (I would have gone with simple cereal..lol). Another day of "Clean House"....they are gonna hate me if this happens everytime mom & dad leave...toooo bad..:)

Ann happy you are doing better!, Helen, Aly, Kimberly, Marta, Lori, Diane, Jim, TR, Susan, Linda, Dana, Mary,Meg, Liz and ALL others thanks for the smiles this morning and for just being yourselves!

Think I need to head over to Pub and see if I can wake up poor Liz....:p

Last edited:
Hi all- except Allen because he apparently is ignoring me :)
Crappy day today. Wont go into details. Just blah.
Im getting awfully excited for my trip to see Helen and Aly.
Love to you all

Kells, see page 1, where Aly began the thread--mostly just a sitting around the porch kind of place with old friends and new.

I hate to admit this, but my stomach did the same thing again today, but with very good hydration. And at 3, my friend got me a glass of Pepsi. This is a very effective diet...zero desire for dinner. So here I am, panting in pain, and a driver for the Hospice drug store called about delivering an unknown (to me) package. A super pain reliever which I won't be using. And don't need.

Diane, I will be reading your post whenever it appears.

Kimberly, I'm glad you have a loving doctor... Love it that he cried with you.

Liz, Di, Meg, Aly, Jim, Allen, Helen, Dana, Joni, Marta-- and all who I've missed...Love you!

Ann- so I know we get super personal on here... this may be too much... but have you had results from your fiber yet?
Im not gonna lie, Im a little worried.

Ohhh Ann sorry, thought you had gotten rid of that thing, hoping it goes elsewhere soon and your pain goes away...praying for you hon.

I trust everyone is having a good day?

Yes Ann, are you okay?

Kel, we're all very close and come here to get away from strangers and sadness and trolls as much as we can. We get rather graphic here like families do. Silliness, seriousness. venting, remembering, loving, rambling, making stuff up. We try to stay above the din. Join us if you'd like! If you want to really be confused, go to the After 5 Forum Pub with PZ & Friends. Pure fantasy! Some truth too. Lots of music.

Kimberly, your doctor sounds like a Dear. Good for you that he's on your team! Love you so much my Heart Sister.

Hi, Liz. Not ignoring you -- just missed your post last night.

Ann, my GI tract has been temperamental for the past year, so I sympathize. The nutritionist we consulted recommended against using psyllium fiber because if it doesn't move, it just ferments and creates gas. Basically suggested that psyllium in its current forms is just too concentrated for use by people who might be having innervation difficulty in the intestines. Convenient, but counterproductive.

She recommended things like prunes, bran, oatmeal, whole grains, etc. -- high fiber whole foods. More servings required, but spread throughout your daily intake instead of centered in one daily dose.

My Hubby called right after I got home today and says "Did you go to Sears?" I said no, for what? He said, "to get the wheels balanced and tires rotated. That's why I put the Sears receipt in your car. We talked about it a couple weeks ago." I have a vague memory of the conversation but it was in the back of my mind rather than the front. I feel like the absent minded professor but why didn't he mention it since our convo a couple weeks ago? Allen, can you answer this one? I'm sure it's a guy thang.

My Hubby called right after I got home today and says "Did you go to Sears?" I said no, for what? He said, "to get the wheels balanced and tires rotated. That's why I put the Sears receipt in your car. We talked about it a couple weeks ago." I have a vague memory of the conversation but it was in the back of my mind rather than the front. I feel like the absent minded professor but why didn't he mention it since our convo a couple weeks ago? Allen, can you answer this one? I'm sure it's a guy thang.

Not exactly sure what you're asking here. Which concerns you more: 1) the fact that he asked you about it or 2) the length of time between the first conversation and the followup?

Hi all, Ann I do hope you feel better soon. I have issues with my GI also. It is a terrible thing to deal with. Liz, I am sorry you are having such a bad day. Hope it gets better. DI, great job at wrangling the grandkids. It's is nice that there are older ones to help. Marta, men think because we are superwoman that we read minds also. Kimberly, I saw my dentist last month. The first time since my diagnosis. He did his exam and we were talking about a tooth that might need work in the future. I mentioned to him that I would be getting my PEG tube the next week. He got teary, said I am so sorry you are going through this. He said my wife and kids will pray for you. He started to cry and had to excuse himself from the room. What a big heart. Of course that got me started crying, I can't cry and breathe at the same time so it got everyone in a panic. I just wrote down "no worries, give me a second and I will be fine." I always feel so bad when people get upset but it warms my heart they care so much.

Helen, what happened in NC stays in NC. Lol. He actuallly asked me if I wanted any anti-depression meds but told him no. I don't believe I am depressed, just learning to face reality. And let me tell you this is the part that SUCKS big time.

Allen, I am glad you found us ladies, you have an elegant way of writing! Were you an English teacher? But anyway I love your writings.

Kell, I came on much later than page 1 (as Ann has told you where it all started); but when I came on, I added you can't mention how much cleaning you've donebecause it makes the rest of us look bad. I feel this place is where we can go and let your hair down (hopefully, I don't offend any bald headed guys) and be free!

Ann, after your stomach settles down (which I pray happens soon) try the apple cider. I have been drinking 3 glasses a day and so far so good. Still want to see that commercial!

Di, I don't know how you're doing it?! I have my future SIL's niece here every other weekend and she tires me out! And I don't have to do anything.

For those I missed by name, it was only because the brain has forgotten and I couldn't find anything on my bed to take notes with.

But now my ? To you all, my house is painted moonlight madness (white), door is fuschia. My trim is going to be turquoise and I need a color for my bricks. My adirondak chairs are or will be painted fuschia also. So any suggestions would be helpful....I might have helpers this weekend to help paint the trim!

My Love to All,

Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back