Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 285, "Sadiemae", Marta. A similar post is under a different forum... maybe "general", not sure.

Thanks Gorgeous!

Lori, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I read the links and I can't imagine as a child going through that and as a mom must be heartbreaking. Thank the good Lord there is treatment. Praying she gets her surgery soon and out of pain.

Wow, I take my morning nap and Ann is goibg to be a STAR! I already thought of her as our SUPERSTAR!
Maybe 1 of us can mention it to Pepsi and they can just use a double if Ann is too camera shy. I don't blame you if you were; when we had that California show come interview us, we were so nervous! That's. Probably why we didn't win. It would have been nice to have a new house but I guess GOD has other plans for us.

Well, I enjoyed my long island iced teas last night, but feeling the aftermath this morning! Maybe if I could find one more, I might feel better. But , no just realized I have to pick up Hannah from school 40 min away. Would be my luck to get pulled over even if I hadn't been drinking and he asks me to walk a straight line. Wow? I can picture me there standing at the door asking him to "buddy walk" with me. I just hope his dash cam wouldn't be on!

We had meatloaf for dinner last night. Either it was really the best I have ever made or its because its about the only meat that I can eat! I hope it was the former. 5 lbs of meat gone like that. We did have enough for 3 leftover lunches. Had James and Courtney over for dinner (James mowed our lawn-1 acre- so I felt like we should feed them dinner). His only day off and he graciously offered to mow it. He's such a sweetheart! Courtney sure found herself a good husband.

Well, Lindsay is impatiently waiting for me to get up so I can shower. I think today is going to be her lazy day. I don't want to tick her off, she has been very short-tempered with me latley.

So have a wonderful day,

Kimberly

Ann so good to hear you have recovered. I have to tell you though I am a coke fan and don't care for pepsi at all. I read the other day that a little coke cleans the feeding tube right up. I thought wow and we drink that stuff. And we use it in a pinch on our battery cables. I think I better stick with coffee or green tea. Ha. Today I would like scrambled eggs with green chilies and some country fried potatoes. A little bit of sausage gravy to top it off. Yummo. The temperature right now is 69 degrees and they raised the forecast high to 80 instead of 72. I say better than the 90's.
Happy Thursday/Friday everyone.

Lori, sending healing prayers your daughter's way. You must be so concerned but thankfully she can be treated! I pray for her speedy recovery!
Hugs to you,
Marta

Well shower is over and she is on fb now. She has become addicted to it. I haven't quite figured out what all the hype is for. I'm leaving in a few min to meet Hannah (see she still needs me). Took her MUSC Storm Eye Institute for eye exam and found there is no vision in the one eye. Hopefully the tumor doesn't spread to the other one. She wants to get her license and that scares me...not her driving as much. But the fact she loves to look in the mirror and text and talk! I told her not on my ins. She will have to get a rider on mine but not on my actual policy. This way if she has an accident. GOD forbid, I can't be sued.

Good news finally came my way, for once. I only owe about 3 yrs on my house and if I continue paying the extra each month will make it shorter. We had a 25 yr loan and will pay it off a tad more than 5 yrs early. Won't tell the A$$ because he will keep that "extra money" and do something foolish with it. I can't wait maybe I can shoot my van and put it out of its misery (300,000 miles and counting) or maybe get a new roof put on so I can get rid of the rain buckets and tubs! I'm thinking the new roof first.

Well gotta go pick up Hannah for lunch. I won't be eating today, not hungry.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

Love to all.

Kimberly

Morning Marta, Ann, Helen, Kimberly, Dana, Jim.
Morning to the others when you surface.

You know dear Jim, for me this little tea group has kept me well, positive and happier than I had been since all this health muck started, heck, to tell you the truth, happier than even before it all started. I just don't feel as lonely. There is always company. For all the silliest, there is depth here. Love, caring and heaps more mushy stuff:)

Tossing you all some chocolate cake. It collapsed so didn't get iced so I made some berry compote, and everyone had it for desert. We don't do deserts in this house, so it was a special treat. Apart from being very rich, it tasted amazing. I had 2 pieces and went to bed feeling sick, silly me. Today it's water only! Remember only 1 piece!

Ann, it will get you that's for sure, like a tsunami.

Off to Auckland later this morning as I said yesterday, so y'all have a nice one.

Oh I missed a whole page of reading. Will have to go back!

Last edited:
You are very kind Aly, you are an encouragement for saying so. Tickle, tickle, tickle. :)

Kim, where did you ever get the idea that I am jeckle and hyde? I am more heckle and jeckle.
Just ask ms. Mag pie. You know talking with others around the world, sometimes our
jokes and puns don't make sense. I hope you know what I mean. If there is two of me, it is
the old man and the new man. How about that?

I had tears in my eyes reading about the pepsi commercial. :) I'm telling ya!

Lori, be careful around these girls. You heard Aly, it'll do something to ya. :)

Hugs to all,

Just Jim

Hi all,
Wow you were all busy all morning! Dexi trial went well. Breathing and everthing else stable. The trial ends in Sept so we'll get the real stuff then. I mentioned about the travel expenses and they're putting in for it. It's $300 so far for me. That will pay off half of Coco's vet bill.
Off to pick up Nina, see y'all later!

Susan glad you are getting some money and what a good thing to use it for, the removal of Nunu's! Glad your results are good as well, but I am sure it's our tea and food....pooooo to the Dex drug!

Jim, you don't tickle a 50 year old lady, with 5 kids. Just ask Kimberly..........ends in a puddle :)

Just gotta stop this and get in the shower. Hubbies just griped at my skinny legs and told me it's atrophy....... Need to have a laugh or cry:(

I went to d r's yesterday; I know I told you already, but he didn't know that I had pulled the "kimberly" and didn't divulge any info. He just looked at me and he new something was wrong (we've known each other for 20 yrs). He had been my doc in the beginning but when he left I stayed with the old group. Started back with him 2 yrs ago when all this mess started. But anyway, he knew something was not right! GREAT d r! He just simply asked, and then it all came pouring out of me....not the suicide or bloodclots but the fact that in the 2 yrs how much I have deteriorated. I told him I don't think I will be here nest year. I looked up and saw he was crying with me! I knew then that I had the BEST PCP in the world!

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be a happy group, but I just needed to share this with my family!

With All My Love to You All,

Kimberly

Oh Kim, now you're breaking my heart as well... I remember a moment a long time ago when I was at a new doc's office and he asked me how I was, and I started crying like an idiot... over nothing, but it was depression... I had 3 wonderful little kids, was working, my hubby was actually making good money, and I was overwhelmed and depressed. I didn't even know this guy, and he asked me if I was like this often, and I was like, never.

Now we all know that we do have a lot to deal with, and I'm glad that you told this to your doc. You should also tell him about your "kimberly" and talk to someone about that side of things. It's not fair that you're going through this when additional help is available. And never be sorry for telling us what's going on in your life, you're an important part of ours. And I certainly hope you're wrong because selfishly, we want you with us.

And btw, you have to stick around so you can finish paying off that house! Sending you a hug and much love,

Helen

It is raining and chilly here today -- a good day for bean and ham soup tonight. ummmm. Can you smell it?

Somehow I have come into contact with a germ that is taking over my sinuses and my throat. Commonly known as an ordinary Cold. However when you have a weak diaphragm, there is nothing ordinary about a cold. :)

The hospice nurse was here this morning and has greased me from the bottom of my feet to my nose with Vicks. I swear, if you come within 10 feet of me, you will smell eucalipsiis. So far I haven't noticed it making a big difference in my ability to blow my nose or cough up phlegm. It has however, kept Tim in his office, coming out only when I seem to be choking or need and drink. :)

By the way Coca-Cola cuts through the phlegm that thickens in my throat. I guess Ann and I have found uses for the Colas that have never been promoted. giggle

Yea, what Helen said Kimberly.

We can laught together, but I think we rock at supporting each other as well. We can't support you if you don't say you are hurting. Behind this lovely bunch of humans here, is a devastating illness, a terminal illness. I know that I never ever forget this. It breaks my heart and saddens me, BUT and it's a BIG but, it is what it is. It's not going away, but we can certainly find love, prayers and laughter along the journey. Pals, Cals and weirdos like ME.
Hugs from ( the land of the long white cloud )
Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back