Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with the DA%N posting tonight?

kimberly, mine disappear after posting also, but I hit the refresh button then it is there....hope this helps you

I forgot to ask Marta what "when someone from Texas says "Bless Your Heart" do you know what they're really saying?"... I'm assuming they're being really condescending? I was born in Dallas but raised up here in Mass, so have no clue about that! (and many other things as well... heheh)

Think of Dana Carvey's Church Lady and "Isn't that special?"

]Nothing like the ignore button. I have finally learnt to use it.

Better to make them think you have them on ignore, so they feel free to talk about you behind your back. Makes the unexpected riposte that much more satisfying. Think rapier, rather than broadsword.

]Now I will not speak of them again. It's of my rather large DD chest........whoops sorry ( blush).

Can't distract me with those. You know what they say -- more than a mouthful..... Was always more of a derriere fancier, myself.

Boggles my mind why people come and insist the must have it, like they want to have it...dumbies I call them. Maybe they should delete the whole thread DIH...just a thought.

Only if you want them posting everywhere on the board. That's what they did before the DIHA forum was created and was why the DIHA forum was created. Sort of like "parental controls", in reverse.

Some of them still try to post in the other forums. Depends on my mood whether I report them to the moderators or not. Unless they post in the PLS forum. All the regulars there can handle them and don't seem to mind dealing with them.

Speaking of the PLS forum, has anybody heard from Beky (Tokahfang) lately? Her account is still logging in periodically, but she's not posting much. It always concerns me when that happens -- usually means bad news about progression.

Thanks TR...I understand now and can see why it is there thanks for clearing that up for me, I pop in their once and awhile but remember what my mom told me, "If you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all", modern day language, I just bit my tongue and hit another button and go else where....:)

I know Beky was having some pretty bad gastro issues, so not all that well. She still answers questions when people post. The pls forum is very quiet and has been for ages.

My backside is sadly withering away, sorry Allen. Not sure if it is a good thing or bad:(

My cake was a huge flop, literally, an expensive disaster! Oh well, chocolate sauce required stat and it's now desert!

Lori, sorry to hear about your daughter. It's a hard age to deal with that kind of thing.

My daughter is coming home from Christchurch for the holidays. She has decided to try to transfer her teaching course to our local university. Sick of the destruction and shakes. The city is still cordoned off, with masses of demolition taking place. I have to drive to Auckland airport to get her. Can't wait.

Night all

I always agree with those sending prayers and hugs. We each one hate the tough road.
It really does hit home when it is one of our children. Happens to everyone. Body and soul.
Grieve at the physical pain and adjustments necessary. Grieve at the finantial strains.
Grieve at the relationship inproprieties. On and on, how ever, there is hope. Real hope
is to set a course of action that brings remedy.

We don't always see the results at first. but life being a vapor, we will look back and
thank God for each one of us who come here bringing joy, laughter and the spirit of
reconciliation. All of you have such a heart for healing. It is communicated here,
that is the best we can do, here.

I am so thankful for each one of you making my life deeper in appreciation for your
overcoming attitude. It is attitude, not aptitude that creates our altitude. :)

love you all,

Jim

Di, I don't have a refresh button on this phone!

And Jim; so you're the gentleman in the am and let you're hair down in the pm and go wild? Does that sound about right? I didn't have to go to school this am but will go and meet with her at 2 and she tskes me to lunch. Then I sit and wait til she gets out about 5 ish. This girl of mine, Hannah, was valedictorian in her class, works full time st Zaxby's (a fast food chicken joint) and goes to college full time! Oh to be young again and have so much energy. I wish we could bottle it and sell it! Hey, wait, where's Kim? That's a job for Super Experimenter Man!

Have a Thankful Thursday and Allen, play nice (LOL),

Kimberly

Lori, so sorry your daughter has this--I looked at those links--and pray for you all. Thank God for the help from the Shriners.

Kimberly, Yeah for Lindsay once again! It's so good to see your spunkiness here going full force!

Aly, O leaving Christ Church seems a good move.

Pepsi did the trick. I've stuck with liquids since yesterday at noon, when the rock was created. I feel fine...smile.

Ann. Isn't it great when we can talk about our bowels and it becomes the good thing! You know. You can use soda to clean your battery terminals if you don't have a wire brush. Now if it kills that can you imagine what it did to you stomach. I am glad all is well in the end!

Love You, Ann!

Ann, glad to hear you are feeling better. Do you think that would be a good ad for Pepsi ? I can just picture the super bowl ad Pepsi would come up with for that. Ann you could be a star !

Dana

Kimberly and Dana, Life with ALS makes the private stuff totally open--how else can we figure out what to do in these crazy situations. My calling is surely to be an example of what to avoid. But doing a Pepsi commercial for the Super Bowel is a stretch. No wheelchair, straw hat and holding a container of "fiber" in one hand, and definitely NO smile. Bottle of Pepsi in the other. I'll share the pay with you if hired, and definitely use the "battery terminals" line.

Hey I knew there was a good reason that I'm still drinking my Diet Pepsi once a day (sometimes twice if I have pizza!)

Pizza, now that is a food from the gods... and for harried Moms everywhere. Di, anytime you have a hoard of children/grandchildren around, it's always a good idea to have mac n' cheese, spaghetti (remember not to put sauce on all of it for those picky eaters, butter instead), or pizza! Better yet, if the pizza is delivered, you don't have to cook or clean either!

Darn, its only 10a.m. and now I'm hungry for dinner!

Aly, you and I have the opposite problems with our butts! And don't worry, living with an alcoholic who's been in AA for 8 years, I don't imbibe that often myself. Though I do have to take you out for a mai tai! And appetizers. and a lobster roll.... We're gonna definitely have some eating to do, but we'll work it off with our trips. Well at least you will, I'll be sitting in the scooter zipping around.

Lori, I sent you a PM, hoping that your daughter is out of pain soon, and gets through this phase quickly. Thank goodness for St. Jude's Hospital and the Thomas family for starting and continuing their work with it.

Think I'll go make my morning tea and eat a couple of my lemon cookies for breakfast! Now that's healthy, right? :)

Love to you all!

I meant to mention to Lori that I had to bring my then 11 year old daughter to the hospital for xrays (6 years ago now) and I think that's what they were concerned about with her... she was having bad hip pains. Thank goodness it wasn't, I read your links. She did have to stop riding horses for a month or so until her pain cleared up. We were there forever waiting to get xray'd and it turns out that they ran a pregnancy test on her before they would do the xray, and didn't tell me that they were running it! Unbelievable, but guess it could happen...

Lori, think positive! A friend of my son had that same disease/procedure many years ago as a child. He was fine for about 15 yrs, then had an update surgery recently. Again he's doing fine and they expect this fix to last longer since he is now an adult. I'm hoping your daughter will do even better than he did!

To all my tea friends: This is a new record! I'm away for 48 hours and there are 7 new pages!

I'm out to enjoy the 2nd day in a row of 80 degrees and clear skies! Weather like this doesn't happen enough in Chicago!

Have a wonderful day or night!

Hugs to all, Mary

Good morning Lovelies! Please tell me where Lori's post is?
Hope you are all nice and comfy and in good Cheer this beautiful morning!
Love to you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back