Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly, I am sorry I forget you don't understand a lot of our terminology. Haha. Here you go, An American English idiom for Wednesday is "hump day" a reference to making it through to the middle of the work week as getting "over the hump."
Susan, you are so correct. Better with age, nothing like a fine wine.

Now that makes perfect sense :)

I was just making my coffee and started thinking about last night............it dawned on Me that most woman do not have a neurological examination as part of foreplay.............I choked on my coffee and still can't stop chuckling. Hubby asked why I was giggling. Nothing dearest....lol lol lol

Good Day ladies.....Wow what a night. sleeping with my daughters 2 year old, he was all over the place, ended up at end of bed between my legs so I keep waking up so as not to kick him in the head...misssind my comfy couch to sleep on...I can do this, I think.....

Back in my space to have coffee and cinimmon rolls before the ALL wake up....probably only peace for the day.

You all sound so good this morning, Love to come have tea and coffee with you all, it makes my whole day, who'd a guessed..:)

I am totally convienced my neuro and PT, only ones I can have are totally bonkers! Nice to know I am Smarter than they are at least. And I didn't have to spend all that money on so called education.....LOL

Pumkin Cheesecake sound so good....where is it?....I want..:)

Wow, I had to read 4 pages to catch up with you all! Went to Boston for the month 4 checkup of the Dex trial, my breathing was tested at 120+... think I finally figured out how to do that thing. Aly, if you're afraid of getting arrested in San Francisco, you better stay away from that Alcatraz trip! I saw a Duck Tours bus today and thought we should take a tour of Boston on one of those things, my kids have been on them, but I haven't. My clinic is just about 2 blocks away from Old Ironsides (aka the U.S.S. Constitution) which I haven't been to in about 20 years. Again, the kids have been there more recently. It's always there, been there done that attitude I guess.

Liz, I was laughing when you said that you've had pimples hurt more than getting the lip ring (not sure what its called)... that's because a pimple is ALREADY infected! Hope your mouth is feeling better soon, I do think it looks cute. (But don't tell my daughter I said that!). Linda, my friend Mary, who just turned 50 this year has a little stud in her nose, it's really nice! (Again, not telling the daughter... :) She got it a few years ago in a daring moment and still loves it.

Saying hi to everyone, gotta get some work done today, and my "good" computer is misbehaving and won't start properly. Have to figure out what it's doing since it was fine yesterday when I turned the $(#&# thing off. I'm typing this on my Gateway PC which I got for Christmas in 2003, and have upgraded a few things along the way. The one that's not working is a very expensive HP that I've had to have repaired a couple of times already, and it's less than 2 years old. Guess what I'm not buying next time I buy one?

Anyway, it's a beautiful fall day here, mixed with a little burst of rain, but sunny again. Love to all you flies on the wall!

Welcome back Patty! So Happy you are here.............:), well not here, here, but I see you close by....Coffee waiting for you............

Head's up--Don't ever take psyllium fiber in a small glass of liquid, without drinking lots more. Three hours ago that was my lunch. I began drinking water when pain hit an hour ago... so dumb.

Allen referred to waiting for cheesecake photos... an older (sorry Allen) nickname for scantily clad women mostly in calendars. I'm way too young to know this, but am well read, ahem. Grin.

Shhhh, Ann. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask. If you never ask, you'll never receive. Might get more men to drop in.

Hey Allen, you could make up some identities with interesting symptoms.........now thers an idea.

I threatened to do that one time. Back when the "sentinels" were first hatching. Joel talked me out of it.

Don't think Al has ever forgiven me for forcing his hand on the six faces of Sybil (another pair of references that Ann is too young to remember, but probably picked up in her voluminous "reading").

Ouch Ann. Is that like metamucil? Makes the wa ter turn to wholemeal jello? Ghastly stuff and even worse when things start a moving!

Hey when I was at my appt today, I was talking to the technician? Don't know what his title is come to think of it, he's not a dr. ANYWAY, he was telling me about the recent findings about Chromosome 9 and studies in Finland and Wales... Since I still can't remember how to start a new link, figured I'd share it with you over our tea... it's at: New genetic mutation for ALS identified

Hope the link works, all new discoveries are worth getting a bit excited about.

And I found out why the Dex trial, which was supposed to be open until 9/7 was yanked by a "midnight email" from BioGen... seems they have more than 1,000 people enrolled. And they'll be doing another trial soon I guess.

Oh Ann, that isn't good at all. I wish I had some advice to make it better. Maybe lots of liquid even if it is late will help? I am sorry you are too dear to have to go through that kind of pain.

Allen, I believe I do remember Sybil and the 6 in one, trying to wreak havoc. It helped keep me away from that part of the forums!

Linda, my afternoon caregiver just found an unopened bottle of Pepsi, expired in 10/10, but hopefully can still burn up the rock of psyllium in my stomach. Cola is reported able to dissolve most things; hopefully not the plastic bottle surrounding it.

Aly, we buy powdered straight psyllium and stir it into OJ. This is part of not walking...Our diet is very regimented, for obvious reasons. I actually felt the chunk of psyllium flip around while I was drinking, just now. Like an airplane doing a roll. Where is a sonogram when you want one...

Aowwww Ann! I can almost feel it myself! I'll bet you won't do that again. I'm sorry you had to go through that!
Hugs,
Marta

Ann you poor thing! Will a heating pad on your tummy help at all? Wish you had a magnet pad, that definitely helps move things along in me...

why do you people keep setting me up to be bad? HUMP DAY? REALLY? How do I NOT say something about that? UGH.
Ann- im so sorry you have a rock in your belly. And im so sorry that eventually you'll have to get rid of that rock... um... you know...
Hopefully that part of it wont be painful.
I love you all. As always.

Helen. What is the trick to breathing ? Last time I redid it 6 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back