Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! To assist with my getting caught up on everyone's shenanigans, I am enjoying a glorious wonderful cup of coffee! I found a little surprise in my cupboard, a bag from the Kauai coffee plantation in Lawai. :razz:

I love my coffee and this one takes me back to our mornings, sitting on the lanai, and enjoying the peaceful, quiet of the morning with the waves crashing in the background.

Enjoy your day ladies! (and gents of course!)

Liz, I tell Bill I don't get older I only get better. Hahaha If I say it enough I might believe it :)

Busy,busy morning this morning. If you all read my post last night, I have gone back to school! Not really, hannah can't drive and has come back home part-time so needs a ride to and from school. So I am going to school on Tues and thurs. I sit in my chair and read or watch tv; this am I slept til 10:00, I guess the kids were talking about me. I don't care I slept I'm too old for this sh%t!

Allen, I hope I didn't scare you away! And you know the old saying, "you learn something new everyday!", well I learned you were married and had kids. I enjoy learning about other families!

Ann, hope you are doing better and Dad too!

Got a phone call from 2 neuros: 1 has sent order and papers to Mayo and the other wanted to see me tomorrow, but will have to wait til next week, arrange my schedule with Lindsay. And I think she's getting tired. She's been a little over the edge with me!

Enjoy the Terrific Tuesday,

Kimberly

Good Morning Ladiesand Gents.....you all are bright eyed and bushytailed this morning...:).......woke up early it is only 5:30am here, pitch dark. Looks like I'll get to see the sunrise, Yeah!

Coffee on me...Kauai Pie best coffee ever, and oh yeah......Cinnamon rolls for all!

Liz waiting for that pic..lol

anybody wanting Kauai coffee just let me know and I can send you some.......

Gotta go make up some coffeeeeeeeeeeee

Good news? Bad news? I haven't decided which kind of news it is.

I got weighed this morning and I am now down to 125 pounds. That was what I weighed when I got married 42 years ago. That's the good news. Even better news -- I wasn't even trying.

That is a total of 40 pounds that I have lost since being diagnosed with this disease -- that's the bad news. I guess I'm going to have to use that darn Ensure more often to satisfy the scales.

I've been doing some investigating on the new breathing device that was recently approved by the FDA. I can't figure out how they can tell you that it will extend your life by so many years or months. Do they have an inside track with God? I'd really like somebody to tell me the date I'm going to die and then I would be better able to evaluate whether I want to extend my life with these new devices.

I figure God is the one that will determine when he is ready for me and I'm not too sure if any medicine or device is going to change His plan. :) On the other hand, if there is something that will make my breathing easier I guess it is worth checking out.

Coffee cup is empty so I think I'll grab a cold drink and grab the Kindle for a little quiet time before lunch. Yummy -- an Ensure milkshake with real ice cream. :)

Hi Diane, I've been bumping up the protein shakes because I lost weight too. Mostly from stress and cutting out gluten because I probably have celiac disease.. I lived on pasta and bread. Ensure makes one with more calories. I've been making a shake every morning with protein powder, strawberries and a huge scoop of almond butter. I've been forcing myself to eat breakfast too. Never did before. Last clinic visit I was stable.
Di, I pulled up your island and it truly is a paradise on earth. How lucky can you be :)
Off to the cheer leading meeting. I fit in with these moms like the Pope in Tiajuana.
Have a great afternoon all!

Diane, I love you. Funny thing--My Clinic was unable to weigh me due to my inability to stand. No kidding. If I could have told them the weight of my big chair, I could have rolled onto the scale. There was no hoyer lift or means of using the bathroom. Yet even my ALSA coordinator was surprised when I told her that the Clinic could make some improvements. At the time, the "improvement" I wanted was the fvc testing while reclined in my chair. I was told even patients admitted in the hospital sat up for pulmonary testing.

Congratulations on 125 pounds. Sort of funny it can't be simply cheering!

Susan, love your exit lines!

Ann, How is your Dad doing?

Susan, thanks for asking. He's in the rehab, where therapies began on Monday. Speech is his favorite; he wants off the "thick it" he's needed since arriving at the hospital. He knows how to operate his cell phone, and to tell me a beautiful woman (Speech Therapist) walked into the room. They really do expect he'll make it home. The edema is gone, and building strength is all left to do.

I'm not certain I was given all information about his condition when he was admitted, as my youngest brother told me they've kept me from knowing about problems. Then Erich asked if I'd rather know or be kept in the dark. I want to know, but my other brothers may not realize it. I do know I wasn't contacted in the beginning, as my 1st email was titled "Update"... I realize it was meant well.

That's wonderful news, he is getting stronger. How are you doing Ann?
I was just over in General Discussion forum "My God". "this isnt fair", Check out what Stu has done to help, it's wonderful!

Well Ladies and Gents, I am home from school. I don't know how many times I fell asleep, thank GOD I wasn't in class!

Now you know how I had tried talking to the 2 neuros and PCP last week and 1 called back and said something about my mix up with my meds?...Well, all 3 called today! Convenient or Conspiracy? PCP wants me in tomorrow and Charleston Clinic also wanted me tomorrow (made that 1 for next Wed) and the other neuro was checking in on me since the med mix up and told me they had sent off all info and order to Mayo.

I was really surprised when 1 called back but all 3 in 1 day? Sounds fishy to me!

I'm wondering if none of them want to take the blame or what.

Anyway, Ann wonderful news on your Dad! Hope you are still feeling okay!

Di, pass the coffee. I need some to stay awake.

Susan, I don't know when I will be down in your neck of the woods, but will let you know.

Dianne, ugh to wait til the end of the month seems like forever! Hope he's the one.

Aly, you could always swim across. Might make it in some world record holder's book!

Liz, all I can say is OUCH! You are braver than me.

And to whomever said I own a mansion, I can beat that movie "The Money Pit" hands down! I guess "my eyes were bigger than my belly" as my Mother would say. I had big dreams of fixing the house up and filling the bedrooms with foster care kids. I guess that ain't happening!

Well, I know it' not 7 pm yet but this loon is ready for bed! Good night to all and I think Lindsay is making a homemade cheesecake! So drop on by, just don't wake me.

My }ove to All,

Kimberly

Di- the picture is in my albums. Check it out.

Hi All, hope your Tuesday has gone well... worked all day, sent out an invoice should have money again soon! :) That's a good thing...

Liz, now you have to PROMISE me that I didn't say this when you meet my daughter, but it looks nice! Hope it doesn't hurt anymore. I hate needles, could never get anything like that, but... I'm an old fart! NOT! As Aly said, chasing after the kids keeps us young. At least I used to think so, not so much now when I chase them down the aisles of the stores in my scooter.

Di, that was so good of Stu to step in and pay for the short-term care... hopefully the family will learn how to handle all the machinery and there's a change of heart for the insurance. With all the states so broke though, I don't think it's too likely.

Ann, how many brothers do you have anyway? You probably told me before, but my mind is like a steel sieve, everything goes right through it.

Kim, I wanted to become a foster mom at one point as well... back when my hubby actually supported the family, and I only worked part-time when my kids were really little. But I couldn't then because they recommend that the foster kids be younger than the biological, as many of them are coming from abuse situations, and it's better to have the older children for them to model their behavior after, not the other way around! So it never happened.

Susan, you have the funniest sayings!

Diane, no more losing weight now! Enjoy all the ice cream you want. Wish I could get back down to 125, but that ain't happening soon. Hopefully both our houses will sell soon and we can move forward in our lives as well.

Meg, we missed you!

Jim, always a pleasure to hear from you. Allen, you too!

Aly, where are you? Packing already? :)

Hello to everyone else as well, and you know who you are! Joni, Dana, Where's Patty?, Marta, Mary, I'm losing brain cells trying to remember everyone, but know that you're all my heroes!

Lindsay took the cheesecake out of the oven and now the whole house including my bedroom smells of cheesecake! It's still too hot to eat, but the invite is still on. Now I just wish I could go to sleep with that wonderful arma in the air!

Helen, did you ever take care of that "thing" you were going to take care of? JK I'm talking about the statue.

Oh and which one of you guys is here tonight (at my house) because I have the biggest fly in my bedroom? It's driving me crazy (short trip)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back