Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh Ann! Your poor father! I too will add him to my prayer list. I hope everyone is having a nice comfy weekend so far!

Kim, your doctor and pharmacist SHOULD get in trouble. They could have really killed you! The turds.

We went for a drive in the high country today and just got back. Picnic, Autumn leaves, dating elk, mountains, an eh dinner in Estes Park and now watching the baseball playoffs. I'm rooting for Texas, Detroit and Milwaukee. Brad is rooting for Texas, Detroit and Arizona. Tomorrow, housework!

I love you all too!

Marta

Hi all,
All this talk about choc chip cookies makes me hungry.

speaking about people helping out. The other day my sister, and her 2 sons, 20 and 22 came around and bought some fish for me. Not only that they then spent 2 hours cutting up fire wood and stacking it in the wood shed for me. Recon thay split and stacked about 3 tonne, should last me a while

cheers
Peter

Boy oh boy, I didn't take notes this time but: muffins bluberry. Chocolate chocolate chip and cranberry nuts are ready to cone out of the oven. Zucchini bread also, but I don't think my son Matt will want to share that! He can be quite selfish when it comes to zucchini bread. I thought I should bake him some and freeze it single slices so he can eat it for breakfast with his choco milk.

Why am I up at 430 ish in the am, you might ask? Well, I started reducing my 1 nightime med I sure hope I picked the right one to remove. I looked at my nightstand and counted them, 8 scripted meds and 2 over the counters and include the B-12 shot 1 X a month and you still feel the spasticity. The 1st neuro mentioned getting a PEG tube if I continue having problems swallowing the meds. 3 got caught in the throat and started dissolving in my mouth. It was horrible and this from a person who used to never even take tylenol. I really don't want to start with the invasive procedures quite yet so will wait for appt with Mayo clinic in FL. Just hope I have better luck than you did Joyce!

Well the oven is waiting, and the kitchen is smelling very nice right now (also put the big coffee urn on for anyone wishing to come to my house for breakfast! The more the merrier!

Have a Super Sunday!

With much love to all.

Kim, How could they not catch the mistake with the meds? That is their job. Last month they doubled my FIL aracept for his alzheimers and no one caught it. He was like a zombie. Luckily my husband looked and saw he was on a double dose. Too bad we didn't live near each other. I'm up most of the night too. We could have coffee :).
Marta, sounds like you had a fun day. Cleaning the yard for Bill and I today. What fun, not!
Peter, thanks for checking in. Glad you had a hand yesterday.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Kim, can some of the meds be prescribed as capsules that you can open and put in apple sauce or something? My son takes a med that he can take that way. Seems kind of overkill to go on a peg so you can take your meds, if your eating is fine still otherwise! And I agree with Marta, that med mixup should NEVER happen, yet it seems to happen alot... and the people who pay the price are the patients, not the so-called "professionals" who don't bother to take the time to even read the charts or the prescriptions it seems.

Why do you go to the Mayo Clinic in FL? How far away is that for you?

How's the $*@#$ hubby treating you these days... hopefully he's off his "me" phase and starts to think about YOU for a while...

Sending you a chocolate chip banana bread for your breakfast, sorry I couldn't make it today, I overslept! :)

Kim, Is that the Mayo in Jacksonville?

Morning all. It's day 1 of school holidays for me. Raining so a bad start. I got all my plants planted and garden barked, so my landscaping around the pool is finished. Did it a little bit each day. I still cant seem to recover from my rather long high way escapade the other day. My walking distance and energy levels have drastically reduced, oh well, they will be back soon.

Booked a San Fran tour and trip to Alcatraz. So San Fran is all organized. Yay.

Kimberly, at least you know why you have been so sleepy? You will rebound a bit dropping the meds. Ping, awake! When are you off to Mayo? Crushing your meds sounds easier than a Peg as Helen said.

Ann, thinking of you and your dad.

I think I might take Sam off to see Lion King. It's been re released. 3d I think. There is a new movie complex opened, with seats that move to increase the experience, so it might be playing there. It will be a bit like a motion master?

I am not going to cook today, so will just have to accept what y'all have to offer. The zucchini bread sounds extraordinary! Maybe a slice of that?

Oh and Helen, I have a request for when I come to stay! Can you take me some place to try pecan pie? Just have to have myself a slice.

I will pop back later

For any of you smokers, the Electronic Ciggs are really good, and cheaper, and do not smell. PM me if you want to hear about them!

Aly, Alcatraz is so cool. It's really haunted too. I love SF, it's so beautiful. My dad makes the best pecan pie. It's an easy recipe too. Silly question, your summer is our winter?
Bill made rotisserie chicken and a roast on the smoker grill while we tidied up the yard. Got my fountain in front cleaned and running too.
Ann, hope your dad is doing well today.
Siesta time for me. I bought Tazo chai which is the one they use in Starbucks.
Happy Sunday/Monday to you all :)

Yes Susan, the seasons are pretty much opposite. We are in spring right now.
Alcatraz does look cool. I have 2 1/2 days stop over in SF. First day tour, then second day shopping. I might have to take an empty suitcase! I remember shopping in Crate and Barrow a few years ago. It was opposite the hotel near Union square. I loved it, got excited about the tea towels! I was at a clinical trial meeting, so only in the city for 2 days before flying home. I always wanted to see it again. It was sooo pretty. Reminded me a bit of Auckland.

Good Day to you all, Good to say you all around the table....:) Coffee please, and what ever is the special treat today. I am soooo hungry this morning. Gonna just chill out today. Sunny and warm here, always summer..lol

I just posted my miracle story, one of many over in Does God Exist, so I am tired now, I dont share this story except to close friends I can trust, I feel you all are my friends so I decided to share it in hopes that it may give someone else hope that may need it.

Y'all have a great day filled with lots of smiles....:)

Hi all, hope you're having a good Sunday/Monday... Aly, I think a local diner that has been around for probably more than 60 years has a good pecan pie, I'll check it out for you. And, they have great lobster rolls! And sweet potato fries... Used to go there at 2a.m. after the bars closed, for breakfast, those days are long gone!

Di, I'll go look for that thread... you know it's funny, but I bet most people have some sort of miracle story, but are afraid of being thought of a wacko to share them! We all know each other are wackos (and I say that only with love and understanding), so no pressure. I have a few stories too.

Took the boys for showers at my Mom's house, gotta get some oil tomorrow I guess... then took them to the ice cream stand for probably the last time this fall, place closes next weekend. The first sign of spring around here is not only looking for the proverbial Robin, but also when that ice cream stand opens on weekends! :)

Good evening to you all and good morning to Aly. The day is winding down and I am ready for bed!

I want you to know, the reason the pharmacist is not in trouble is, when you sign your name on that paper, it actually means you don't want to discuss your meds with them. Oops, I'm sorry that I didn't read the fine print. Now for the drs., that's a different story. I will talk to them on Monday! And I don't think I can make too big of a fuss since I did just pull a "Kimberly" 2 months ago. Maybe they were just speeding up the process for me, since I took the long road!

Helen, I am going to check on some of them in capsule form. Grayson takes depa kote sprinkles, so will check on which ones could be changed. I actually have had swallowing problems for about 6 mos or so. Can't really remember now, but have had to limit a LOT of foods now! Maybe that's why I had lost so much weight.

But since the 2 month hospital stay, have put on 18 lbs and I didn't eat that much. And where did it all go right in the belly. The kids have teased me about buying maternity clothes because I look like I am about 6 months pregnant.

Peter, it was good to see you back. I think we scare off the guys by our wild talks.

Wishing everyone a spectacular Sunday and to Aly a marvelous Monday.

Kimberly

Oh, well, off to moderation. And to you Susan, yes FL one but I don't know when.

Di, great story in the other thread, I totally believe that miracles can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back