Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
DI, I will proclaim and believe with you TODAY WILL BE A GOOD DAY! My grandson was born 16 days after my diagnosis. He is everything to me! I always cherished being a mom but being a gramma is by far the best. My daughter is twice the mom I ever hoped to be and I didn't do too bad of a job if I do say so myself. My children were true miracles and my grandson has his own miracle story. I love watching my husband with him. They are inseparable.
Aly, your highway escapade made me shiver. You must have been so frightened and exhausted. No more of that!
Ann I hope today is a better day for you. Keeping you and dad in my prayers.
Glad to hear Coco made it through his procedure well.
Foccacia bread with rosemary and olive oil. Yummo
My husband came home for lunch and brought some wonderful tacos and salsa. If I eat very slow and chew well I can actually eat some. It was so good.

Yes Ann! Thinking of you and hoping you're comfortable. When you can, let us know how you're doing.

Love you!

Marta

Ann, your not far from my thoughts today. I hope your comfy :)

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, and yes, I am better today. I reverted back to Flexeril for the spasms--my old back muscle relaxer which has to be taken round the clock and build up, but it also makes me very sleepy, so I zzzzzzzzzzzz a lot.

Dad has been moved to a rehab place not very far from my brother--the one who'd been visiting in the hospital nightly and emailing everyone. Dad sounds very flat, which I'm not at all used to, and surmise he knows it's unlikely he'll go back home to live alone again. He's gone from reading the entire Wall St. Journal every day to no reading of anything at all--because he wants to be alone, he said.

Foccacia Bread with olive oil and rosemary...Yum. And many references to flying muffins although Helen seems inclined to fly USChocolate Bar!

Rain has begun, and I wish I could send it to the southwest, but that ain't the direction air moves.

Aly, I'm so glad you love your husband again ;-)

I'm tending the Pub tonight all by myself. Had to order out from DQ and opted for their mushroom/swiss burger. Cost me over $4 but I love a good mushroom & swiss burger (not that DQ has one all that good...). Mrs Z is having one of those, "Out with the girl(s) nights" as she does now on every Friday night.

The burger sated my appetite. How's that?

Last edited:
Well; it's still Friday here, and I am glad everyone is doing well. I had a rough day today and finally got in touch with the neuro group to find out that they had made a mistake with my meds! So this time they were trying to kill me! They were overdosing me with 2 drugs that shouldn't be taken at the same time and 2 that shouldn't be taken together at all! So now I have to wean myself off the 1 bedtime drug over the next 3 weeks.

Funny, they don't get in trouble but yet I pay the price. And why didn't the pharmacist catch this? Isn't that their job?

Oh well I guess that's what has had me in bed most days. And I guess Lindsay can take back the second pkg of diapers she bought yesterday.

Ann, I am hoping you're doing much better today! And still praying extra hard for you and your Dad. What did he have to go in for? I still must have missed that. I am glad your brother is close by to visit.

Have a wonderful Friday night and Kim, if the bar is open Sat. Night. I may have enough strength to pull myself out of bed and join you for a stiff one (drink that is)! I have got to get my mind out of the gutter.

My Love to All,

Off to moderation! Sorry Al and Richard. Hate to make you work so hard for what pay you get. LOL

A cup of coffee in the early morning quiet is soooo good. As I read my daily material, I am also
thinking of you. Right now as I speak to each one of you, I am looking you right in the syber eye.

Good morning, have a very blessed day. "Catch a flying muffin, put it in your pocket, save it for
a rainy day." :)

Too early on a saturday, not enough caffeine yet

Good morning all!
It's COOLER today! Our first cold front and we're down to 80!
Nina is off to visit Winter the dolphin at the aquarium and then to see the Dolphin Tale movie with her bff and bff's dad. Should be a fun day for them.
See you all later. I would like a choco chip muffin please!

Good Day....It's Saturday?....where did the other days go...geezzz...think I need more coffeeee. The days are just running into each other, see I am clueless..lol. It is rainning right now but what just a minute and it wil be sunny and muggy again.
I sooo want a Good muffin right now or Brownie which ever is still not eaten, toss one this way please.
Needing a shower but first have to figure out how to repair the hose that split to the shower head, dang it, if it's not one thing it's another, super woman to the rescue, duck tape in hand...and maybe some super glue...lol. Ahhh... better yet, I will just take my soap outside and have a rain shower, that will be easier! (fun for the neighbors too..:shock: )
Hope you all have a Great SATURDAY!

Susan, the little girl that partially help inspire the movie of the Dolphin tale, is from
our little town that I live in. Columbia City, Indiana. She has a prosthetic leg. They
have been putting her on TV for the last week.
Anyway, she is a delightful little girl. That's about it.

Di, I'm in the same boat as you with regards to the shower! Ran out of oil yesterday, and so no hot water... cleaned all day today, and don't feel like an ice cold shower, so will have to go to my Mom's tomorrow... Hopefully you have a warm rain to go skinny dippin' in!

Friends are awesome... I asked my friend Diane, who does cleaning on the side if she could come and help next weekend for my open house... she was going away, so she offered for this afternoon instead. Diane, her daughter Michaela and Diane's best friend Suzanne came over and worked for more than 2 hours scrubbing my baseboards, woodwork, stair risers, window frames, etc. that were all looking a bit gray. I had offered to pay her, and she refused. Not only did she come and help scour out these rooms, she also went to Starbucks and brought me a hot chocolate and treats! And her Mom and Dad popped over later on with some dinner for us! I am truly blessed.

Helen, I love that your friends do real, practical work for you. It's a blessing I share with you--mine are going strong now since 2008 or earlier.

Kimberly, Dad had two heart conditions he told me about several years ago, but later forgot he had, and my youngest brother, a doctor trying to make decisions by phone with Dad's doctor, knew nothing whatsoever of these diseases (one a birth defect). Dad became disoriented in his home and then was in and out of consciousness three days before a neighbor was alarmed by the pile of newspapers. They called another of my brothers who came, got Dad and took him to the hospital. He now has congestive heart failure, but kidneys were hit also. I'm sure he isn't pleased to learn he has some serious problems which he had known about at one time. Phil wonders why Dad thought he needed his nitroglycerine. He's currently in rehab and is not able to stand. And he's 86, but I was impressed when he told me how surreal it all is--surreal isn't a "Dad word". I hope to speak with him tomorrow, as he just today got his cell phone from home.

Hello everyone!
Ann, your poor dad. I hope he's doing better. It worries us when our parents get sick. It's like having kids all over again.I go over to my neighbors every night at 8 to walk her overweight poodle and make sure she's ok. She's a fall risk too. He daughter lives 45 min away and makes an appearance once a week for 2 hours.
Jim, I remember the little girl when she was here. It must have been 2 years ago. It was on the news. Winter loves kids and is very gentle with them. So many amputees come for therapy with her now.
To all the rest of you sweeties, good night, Nina's friend is sleeping over and I have to figure out a movie for them to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back