Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan that "pus salad" sounds a little dicey --not sure Aly would like that <LOL>.
Laurel

Pus is only the name <wink> used by pure Italians...Thanks, laurel! It's actually a wonderful salad.

Aly please take better care of yourself--you are loved infinitely much.

Notice my, ahem, posts number, and believe: we can all become all we are not!

Okay Ladies, I have a big problem! Need your advice. When I am on my secret phone jawing it up with you guys, I can't get any phone calls. And the really bad thing is I had a call into 2 neuros on advice and my phone shows 2 voicemails but yet no missed calls on the call log. And the co I am with is upgrading their voicemails and I can't retrieve them. I guess I am up sh$#'s creek without a paddle!

So do I risk getting on HIS computer and HIM finding out or do I ignore all of you all day til office hours are over? Now really, I can't ignore you guys but I can't afford to get caught. HELP ME PLEASE!

Oh and by the way Richard and Al read our posts because I got 2 messages from them today! I told them I was just kidding with them, I just hope they believe me.

Have a wonderful evening Ladies and Gents, we are having company for the weekend. Chris's brothers girlfriend had a baby and Lindsay likes to play house and they bring her for the weekend. She's. About 16 mos old and has red hair. Anytime we go out they think it's her child. I will need that vacation after this weekend....Diane, any room at your inn?

Much love to You All,

Okay guys that was mean...I was going to say something about that salad comment but figured I, who until recently couldn't type, would think that I was calling the kettle black. JK

Oops, and then what do I do but leave out the word pot (not that kind).

Come on over -- all rooms are empty this weekend -- except, of course, the master suite! :)

We are heading into Rapid City for a community theater production. It is a Neil Simon play that my son is starring in. So, if you get here before we get back, the key is under the mat. (NOT)

The realtor and photographer just left, I think they got some good pictures. The realtor has a bite from a guy in Denver who will be coming to Custer the end of October and wants to see my place. Who knows if this is a serious buyer or a looker but I can hope!

Wow we have just about everybody in the house tonight! I have a dining room table that seats 12 and can bring in two round tables and xtra chairs. Ya'll come to my house for tea but it BYOB bring your own brownies!

Slumber party at Diane's house! :)

Seriously, I work the entire day, and have to catch up with 3 pages! Wow... definitely we talk too much. But we're very helpful to each other!

In the middle of a thunderstorm, so should log off...

BUT, my former roommate's dad came over with some movers to get her stuff out of the third floor, to find... duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhh.... it filled with FLEAS! They were jumping all over the place! I was in there 2 weeks ago (with the dog) to clean up and didn't see any, though I sprayed for the gnats that were all over the kitchen. I cannot believe it... The movers left, her dad is leaving for 2 weeks on Sunday, and I'm going to have to send someone to buy a flea bomb for up there. And flea stuff for the 2 cats and dog just set me back $45 from the vet. Lovely......... Aly, promise I'm not going to make you sleep up there anyway, it's on the third floor! Haven't seen any fleas on the first 2 floors, but they're getting sprayed tomorrow as well. And I've felt itchy ever since I found out about them.

And on top of all this chaos, I'm on deadline with a new project, now on round 3 in two days... so off to round up some food for the kids, and back to work...

And I see 1 brave guy might be coming to my house for tea; come on over Ken!

Kimbely I have only 1% battery life left so advice. Why don't you just call them in teh morning. Or use your A$$$$ compute.ER and when he rants just start singing :) .

Oh Aly, that would be incredibly evil of me; to sing that is. I don't have very much voice left and after my recent stunt took most of it away. Might try that 1 though (9insert evil laugh here).

The darn phone; that Lindsay got me, was voice activated and now that won't work for what little bit I have left.

Helen, this is a hard thing to do but I had to do this at our rental house. Jeez, the kids might do this...get a cup of soapy water and stand in one spot (with shorts no shoes) let the fleas jump on and pick them off and put them in the soap water. If you or the kids do this several times a day they should be gone in a week or better yet send that husband upstairs to do it! We had an exterminator come in 3 times and they kill the fleas not the eggs so they keep multiplying in between bombings. And you probably have heartpine floors and you can hear them clicking on the floor. Good luck I know what you're up against!

Kim, OUCH! I don't think I want to be flea bait... maybe I'll just send the hubby up there to feed them... heheheheh

I'll probably have to go tomorrow a.m. and buy one of those bug bombs, I've used them once before in my previous house... went to Canada for vacation for a week, came home, the dog was hiding under the bed upstairs, and the whole house was jumping. I only had Linnea at the time, and we went over to my Mom and Dad's while hubby bombed the house and the dog. (BTW, there was someone coming in to take care of the dog, bet they got bit as well!).

Just fed the kids the mozzarella/tomato salad, now they're all asking, so what's for supper?

Have to go put the flea stuff on the dog... and both cats.

Now; Helen, I'm not that sadistic! Or am I ? You just let the fleas jump on you not bite and if you wear white socks they are attracted to it even faster!

Well, I think my little leipsen has arrived. Now I get to be entertained in real life. Feel bad, but as soon as she comes in the door she holds her hands up for me to pick her up. Lindsay usually picks her up and sets her on my lap.

Good night Ladies and Gents, I have a dining room to clean!

I dealt with fleas for years, Helen, and after bombing the house, flea soaping the cats, realized the dogs would always bring them in [pre-Frontline era]. We downsized finally to one dog who rolled in chicken manure. She ended the flea problem...and I of course gave her a bath.

Catheter report: painful spasms began around noon, yesterday. At 6, called my nurse who called in an Oxybutinen order which Phil picked up and gave me around 8. Intensity and frequency of spasms worsening and bladder very full. 10:30, bag quite red, tube by my leg firetruck red. Phil: must be foodcoloring, Ann: I really think it's blood. Call hospice, and midnight male nurse comes in, removes catheter and says it smells like blood...is blood. [I'm amused--said no male nurses, and guess where he's working...and I am beyond grateful.] Primary care doc has me on the 1st of 2 antibiotics, and am changing to my old friend, Flexeril for spasms. Phil's in charge in the future of catheters, and says no!

Diane, praying real hard that this guy from Colorado is the one!

And are any of you all having a long time before your post gets posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back