Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Procedure went very well, Ta Da! Thanks for your prayers; and reassurances... Right before it happened, I learned Dad's been in the hospital since Friday. He was able to tell me it is "surreal" when I asked how he feels. He'd been in and out of consciousness at home, lights on round the clock and no idea of day or night. I think the shock of Dad's state made "the procedure" last week's news.

You all have fun! Helen, love the avatar! Attack that math, Helen.

ANN, I'm so glad everything went well, and sending prayers for your Dad... Love you!

Ann so happy all went well for you...:)

Sorry about your Dad, will include him in my prayers also.

Ann I hope your dad is ok! I am sure glad today went ok too..Love You!

Helen ...hope your better in math than I am.

I still can't get pass, .......if you give me 2 apples and multiply by 0, no matter how you look at it to me, I still have the 2 apples you gave me, no one took them away or it would be subtraction, that I could understand. I know my brain does not compute...:-(

I just don't get it, they use all kinds of new symbols and terms for stuff I never heard of! Lucky for me, he just wanted me to write down what he said, and when I pointed out that it would take longer to describe to me to write it down, he gave up and did it himself (with a little bribe).

I feel better, gave myself a facial with that Mint Julip stuff! Love it, and it's hard to find, but has been around forever. Nothing like sitting around in the bathroom with green stuff all over your face. :)

Good evening all,
Ann, glad it went well for you. You were in my thoughts today. I hope your dad is doing ok too. My Dad is 86 and was in the hospital a year ago for the first time in his life for afib. They treated him like a senile old man and thought he was lying that he has never been on any meds except eyedrops for glaucoma and he never was admitted to a hospital. When they called me in to clarify I thought he was going to lose it. I straightened them out in a nice way.
Helen, Love the muffin. Bill has an Aunt called Auntie Muffs. When he told me I thought he was kidding. How can someone go through life being called Muffs.
I hope everyone has a peaceful evening. I'm off to relax with the crazy Maltese and a cup of tea.

Susan your Dad was one blessed guy, staying out of hospitals for most of his life..Wow! One tuff cookie! That's great.

Have Good evening Susan..enjoy your tea...:) oh an the crazy Maltese.

You will no doubt all be sleepy heads.
Anne sorry about your Dad. Hope he will be Ok. Glad the procedure went well.
All the muffin talk is making me so hungry. I haven't had much to eat today as I have been out of town. Nothing since breakfast almost 12 hours ago. I must grab a snack.
Hospital appt was over in a flash. 4 hours driving for 20 minutes. Insane, but I walked in, said I was walking better, thinner, fitter. He banged my knees etc, said looks the same to me :). Told me I was putting him to shame with my excersise routine. Said he felt he was on the right track with the diagnosis? Didn't know what that meant. I assume it's PLS, but I was too smiley and happy to give a dam. Ha ha.

It was a lovely day to drive up and I am bursting with delight at seeing Helen and Liz. But y'all know that already.

Going out to a farewell dinner for a friend who is taking off into seclusion for 6 months! Good on her. Off to an island!

Night night

Ann, so glad the proceedure went well and I will also keep your dad in my prayers!

Well, shock hit me today when I stood on the scale. I was 10 pounds lighter than the last time! Its a good thing, but I am not even trying...so wondering where its coming from. Seems this summer my muscles have all gone mushy on me compared to the tight spastic knots they use to continuasly be. Now I got wings on my arms! I guess I will look at the 10lbs lighter as being a blessing though. Thank you Jesus! Thats 10 I don't have to work for. Makes me want to actually keep loosing now.

Aly, so proud of you doing your best to stay fit! All the muffin talk is making me hungry too! I stopped buying costco muffins because I do not go to costco anymore. They are a 40mile drive one way from here and thats just too far to go for high priced items. Although I do miss their pumpkin cheesecake at christmas time!

Ok so here is a pic I took earlier today of the snow thats coming over the mountains. Wont be long till it hits the Valley here! This was taken off my back deck.:D
JMM7874web.jpg

WOW!........... Beautiful photograph Joyce, you live in a beautiful place!....:)

YAY ANN! Sorry about your Dad though. Will pray a lil extra for him feel peace and comfort during this time.
Helen is right about the poppyseeds. a person will test positive for opiates. maybe i need to eat nothing but poppyseeds for a week and see how messed up i get! LOL
As of right now, im having a brain fart trying to remember what everyone else said, so i apologize. Just got home from Miller Park. Brewers won again... man we're good.
love to you all.

Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a good day. Helen, Liz and Aly, I am trying very hard to make plans to get to see you when you are visiting Helen. When would the best day be to get together ?

Dana

Dana, I just sent you a PM, as it was getting too long... long story short, I'm not sure of Liz's schedule yet, so once we figure that out we can figure something out. SLUMBER PARTY at Helen's! :)

Anyone else coming? As long as you can climb up 3 flights of stairs, the 3rd floor is still available! (Don't worry Aly, you'll be on the first floor)

Good Morning!
I hope everyone is having a great morning.
Aly and Joyce, good news for both of you!
All this muffin talk has me hungry. I need to find gluten free or bake them myself.
Helen, Bill said if I want to go he'd muddle through. I still can climb stairs. He did have a scared look in his eyes so wishful thinking.
I'll be with you guys in spirit :)
Have a nice day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back