Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall are making me gain weight by talking about food all the time:) Yuck cleaned my nasty house all day today, even gave the 2 rotton dogs baths. Waiting for desperate houswives return, at least there are some new shows to watch...yay Say some prayers that things work out soon for my son, we have only got to see my 3 year old grandaughter 3 times in about 5 weeks. Attorneys are involved now, cause her mom is being spiteful, and holding Kendall as a pawn. So sad that these young girls do this not realizing they are hurting the child. have a good night my friends!

Sorry to hear about your sons troubles. Children always get stuck in the middle.
Nice that you are a caring grandma. Hubbies mother has only seen Sam about 5 times and he is turning 13 soon. It makes we sooooooo mad.
Sleep well

Helen..Joni....Susan.,Rita, laurel, Jim...Liz...momofsix..all.......HEADS UP......(flying muffins)...Catch!

guess it's a bedtime snack now...:)

I think your muffin goes quite well with the 2 glasses of champagne I just drank with a couple of friends. Nothing like that on a Sunday night, I'm not going to want to work tomorrow morning! Good night all...

Good Morning Ladies,

I wonder how many crazy fools are up at this time of the a.m.? It surely wouldn't be me. Lindsay went away for the weekend leaving me with HIM and no I didn't kill him yet. But after a few more snide remarks like he's been saying that $ should be wired sometime today. Oh and helen it will say earnest $ for a retainer on the house! Spend it wisely.

Actually it was a great weekend. Saturday; grayson and I were alone until Courtney came and got us to watch our favorite team USC Gamecocks; which I think are ranked #10 this week. Lousy game. But at least they won. As for my MD Terps, they lost again, poor things, I have no pity on them after what they did to their headcoach last yr!

As I was saying B4, lindsay went away for the weekend and came home sick! Now look who has to take her to the dr.'s! I wish she would stop going where she goes (they go to Chris's cousins house you know the germ breeding grounds) and it seems they use her for a babysitter so the husband can watch the football games while the wife works. I just hope she doesn't think playing house is the same as in reality!

Well, I will try to get back to sleep but I doubt it. You all have a marvelous Monday.

Aaggh, off to moderation and can't remember anything I wrote and then looked for it and saw where I missed 2 pages. Too tired to respond or to busy trying to find that muffin. I know I saw it come by me!

As for relatives; I have menbtioned b4, Ben's mother lives about 5ish niles from us and she didn't come to either of my kids weddings, have never really met the last 2 but one time abd they are 11 and 13. Her loss not mine!

Wow Aly and Kim, it is so hard for me to believe that these grandma's don't want to see there grands..as tired as I get, if I go more than a week, I am having grand withdrawals...lol nothing like them! Everyone have a good day, off to work..yuck!

Yesterday we had our family reunion. Only 31 showed up from 46 last year.
That is not all that many, however, it shows that the numbers are slipping.

The onion pie didn’t go all that well. Helen, you were in the majority.
When your wife makes something, you had better eat it. So, I did have
a piece of it.

I agree, my grand-children are very important to me. There is one that
we don’t get to see very often. We see her picture in the paper from
time to time. She is very competitive.

Goes to show we all are in the same boat to some extent. Families are
attacked all the time by our post modern society. Figure that one out. It is easier
to answer questions about it, than to describe it. All the way from schooling to the
social justice that is being perpetrated on the family.

That is enough for now, one day at a time sweet Jesus.

Kim, I'm so glad that you had such a good weekend, and haven't received the "deposit" check yet... just letting you know :)

It's funny with grandparents; ever since my MIL's daughter's children were born, she barely remembers that she has 3 grandchildren over here as well. Spends tons of time and money on my SIL's kids, mine see her about 2x a year. Partly my fault as well, as I don't pile the kids into the car and take her up there much anymore, but there is a thing called a telephone. I know she loves my kids, she just doesn't seem to have any time for them, especially now that she's older.

Good morning everyone!
Thanks for the virtual muffin. Made a protein shake, not too bad. Tea now:)
Family reunions are fun. Our last one was three years ago when my Mom and Aunt Nina were still here. We all met in Princeton NJ and took over the Hampton Inn. I think there was about 45 of us. What fun we had! It's hard to believe but there has never been a fight or bad words between all of us ever.
I could never figure out how Grandparents could not want to be in their grandkids lives. It's their loss. I hope I get to see my grandkids.
Happy Monday/Tues all!

Susan, your family sounds delightful! I also don't get it with grandparents not wanting to see their grandchildren, unless there's trouble between grandparents and either their child or child's spouse. We have an elephant in my family whose behavior makes it difficult to ignore, and his daughter is thankfully now an adult.

Tell your kids to be careful about the parents of anyone they get involved with--it matters plenty. My mother had a MIL who tried incessantly to break up their marriage and to help us rebel against our mother.

morning!
lovely day here, parked in front of the computer after PT. taking a break from email to say hi.
had a fun outing yesterday- my daughter (the one in my photo, 20) invited us over to watch football (we are dedicated Patriots fans, and she could be a paid commentator, I swear). she is still "fledging", can't quite afford her own place yet, so a few months ago we offered her our little cabin in the woods nearby that was our starter home.. basic, no plumbing.. but she bought a 46" TV which looks hilarious in there. she was a great hostess, had the chairs all set up, had picked out snacks that I'd be able to chew.. it was really fun! even tho' our team lost...
in lieu of grandkids, I'm happy to see my kids growing up.
have a good day, everyone!
Sue

Just dropped in to say Hey! Had a great time in Michigan and a wonderful turnout for the Walk to Defeat ALS yesterday! I'll catch up this evening.

I hope everyone is doing well! Love to you all! I missed ya!

To all those grand parents who get to spend regular time with their grandchildren, I envy you. I have two grandchildren who live about 40 minutes from my ranch and I see them every month or so when their dad brings them out. My daughter-in-law hasn't been to my house in over a year nor have I been invited to theirs.

I get notified when there is a theatrical production or a recital and we go and see them perform. When they aren't tied up over the weekend with birthday parties, rehearsals, camping trips or visits with their grandmother and grandfather in Minneapolis, my son will bring them out for a few hours with me.

My son says that the reason the kids can't spend more time with me is because I can't take care of myself let alone care for them. I know he's right, but it hurts. My daughter-in-law has not lifted one finger to help, but that isn't anything new. :)

The Buffalo Roundup was this morning, and all the guests checked out before breakfast! By two o'clock this afternoon, the city will return to the natives and tourists will be gone for another year. Things will slow down, and we will again have a social life with friends -- we have all been so busy with our own businesses this summer that we have had little time to visit. It'll be fun to get caught up.

This afternoon Tim and I are going for a ride through the hills. We'll make the circle through Wyoming and the edge of the Black Hills town through Spearfish Canyon into Rapid City and back to Custer. It's a pretty derived this time a year and a day is perfect for it. I'll check in later. Have a fun day. :)

When I was about 12, my daughters age, my grandfather was ill with heart trouble. We did things for him, not him for us. It was small things, more like getting his requested items rather than him getting up and getting them himself. I'm trying to teach Nina the same for her grandparents. It's a different world now with different values. It's a work in progress. The Virtues go ignored.
Ann, we have one that came into our family that tried to start trouble from day one. Evil, nasty, mean. She NEVER broke us. Finally she gave up. She could never stir up trouble between any of us. It would make her so mad that we would just smile and ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back