Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen were you referring to the statue of St. Joseph? If so, I got one at the local Catholic book store (we're not Catholic). Before we sold, we said the prayer that came with him and then buried him. Every so often hubby and I would hold hands and say the prayer. We sold pretty quick. The little statue is now sitting on the mantel in our new townhouse. We always included Tinker, our wee dog, in our prayer ceremonies.
Laurel

Morning All.....made it thru the night....popcorn and Pizza!...ahhh....now Sponge Bob...I HATE Sponge Bob!.....

Sending bigger kids to make to make cereal....13 yr old girl saying it's a crime to get up at 7 am...lol, she gets home schooled and can wake up late. These guys go to public school, so they are use to getting up earlier, so it's late for them.....lol

Oh darn, big headache this morning, not from the kids...lol...now they are all up...Oh boy the day now begins...pray for me...lol

Boy do I need coffee!...got to figure out their darn coffee machine here...coffeeeeeeeee

Dianne, you are a begger for punishment, managing all that alone!
I survived the soccer breakup. The English couple with their obnoxious son, cancelled at the last minute! Someones looking out for me.
Daylight saving started last night. I finally slept in to 6 am, but guess what? The new time makes it only 5 am, so back to where I started lol!
Kitty is meowing at my feet wanting out, but then she runs away. She is taunting me!

Helen, it's quite common for people to say wicked here as well!

Nothing exciting happening here today, just a wet Sunday. Might be a day for a bit of reading.

My sweet neuro, has got me an appointment at Auckland hospital this Wednesday. No idea how hevpulled itboff because I do not live in that " state" so I am not entitled to public health care in Auckland. I usually see him at his private practice. Anyway it means Auckland health will pay for the very expensive blood tests i am having, and not me. I was not going to pay for them out of my own pocket, because I believe they will be normal. More pretend money to spend in USA? Um not sure Hubby would quite understand my creative thinking. :)

You all, have a lovely Saturday
Aly

Fish Fry was amazing! The drinks afterwards were pretty good too. But I had FAR too many and feel super icky today.

That will teach you! I had a chocolate binge and feel a bit sick as well!

Got the daylight saving round the wrong way...... Yay it's gone forward not backwards. It's now 8 am not 7 am.

Aly, that means you slept in...lol......
I have 2, 13 year olds I can have do all the running around, do this, do that...soooo cool. The 11 year old made me coffee, They seem to be waiting on me, this is so cool. I am so use to doing things for myself, now I know why they had all these kids, they come in handy for waiting on you....lol
Hope you get to feeling better Liz..... Joni glad Bruce is in better spirits, helps you out lots.

Has anyone heard from Patty, notme? It has been awhile since she has checked in...worried..:-(

Last edited:
You enjoy being waited on. It will do the 13 yr olds the world of good.
I have pmd patty, but heard nothing back, it's unusual. Hopefully alls well. People tend to be in hospital when they go offline unexpectedly.

Di, When grandkids treat their grandparents well that means thy were raised in the right way.
The fam is not back from the beach yet. I think I'll have a nap :)

Susan have a good nap!, I am gettinng some quite time now...baby sleeping..the rest at the park....ahhhh..I just may nap also but with one eye open...lol

All my grandkids are great, and I am not just saying that cause I'm nana, I have, in the past taken them all to eat at one time and people always come up to me and comment how well be haved they are, helping each other and sitting down, not running around..,, Makes me proud....They think it's some kinda club....nope all 13 are my grandkids...love it when they hear that...their eyes pop out...as if all kids are are suppose to all be heathens....LOL I give all the credit to their parents..they done good...:)

I had kids all day and I feel sick too:))

OH My Gosh...not only is quiet time over! They are back....5 More just got dropped off,..all cousins and 1 nieghbor girl......total 12... now 2 year old has another 2 yr old (her cuz) to play with, yeah.......Popcorns flying.!....LOL...Super Nana gonna just sit here....speww orders when needed...lol....I think I can...I think I can

Dreaming now of my little rv and little garden of Eden....

Joni if your missing them come help me...lol.....:)

Last edited:
Di, you'll sleep good tonight!
Nina is having her friend sleep over tonight. She is raised by her father so it's a nice break for him and she can spend some family time with us. He really does a great job. She's very polite.
Never got that nap. Started cleaning the closet out.
Goodnight to all you dears. Sweet dreams :)

Aww hell no Diane! I am glad to have some peace and quite. Just dug a very long black something from under my fingernail with a needle, bleeding like crap, but I got it!

Is it cheaper by the dozen Di?

Joni, all I can say is OUCH!

haven't buried that statue yet, will do it tomorrow Susan... My kids were all baptized in the Catholic Church, but I regressed back to my Protestant (Congregational) roots. If you saw the movie "Grownups" with Adam Sandler, my church is the one in the first scenes (but was changed somewhat to look more Episcopaleon). The gazebo scene was all Hollywood, its actually a side street between the church and a pre-Revolutionary War cemetery.

has anyone seen the search engine starting in g's web page today? celebrating a birthday.... it's really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back