Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kim, Dana, and all you other ladies!

Trying to get some actual design work done this morning, but waiting for the rug guy to come and take away 2 stinky (1 of them pukey) rugs to clean... he grew up next door so he'll p/u and drop off for no charge which is nice!

I don't know what it is about this street, but 3 of the elderly men on this street have Alzheimer's, both my Mom and my Dad have/had some neuro issues and I have ALS... what's in our water on this street? It was sad, these men knew each other for probably 65 years, and when they'd get picked up to go to the adult daycare center, they wouldn't know each other. Every time. Two are now in nursing homes, and the third passed away. Sad, as I grew up knowing 2 of them very well, one owned the little cafe (called "the Spa" no matter what the sign ever said) downtown, and we would walk downtown and get french fries, or a comic book, or some healthy food like yodels down there.

Anyway, the sun is hiding again today, supposed to be a rainy weekend. Hope it holds off for a while, we really don't need any rain, and I can't use my scooter outside when its wet.

Have a good day, will check in later on... :)

Another sunny day in South Dakota. The temperatures were expected to be in the 80°F by this afternoon so I think I will spend the afternoon soaking in the sun. You must take advantage of the good things like sunshine and warm temps! :)

That darn hot poker in my neck down to my show left shoulder blade is back.I'll be so glad when that nerve finally decides to give up the ghost. I can't imagine that I will miss anything vital since my left arm is already frozen. Then again, perhaps one that nerve finally gives way my neck will be weaker and my head floppy. So maybe I should be more careful about what I wish for. :)

Kimberly, I think that stress causes me to want to sleep more because it wears me out -- not the sleeping but this stress wears me out. As far as the peeing, wow, I swear that for every glass of water I drink, I pee three glasses!

Last night when I told my bedtime pills I choked on them. So I had to drink more than normal -- I imagine, that means I'll pee more than normal today.

Hope everybody has a good day even if it is raining at your house.

Good morning all you beautiful ladies and gents,
I did it again this morning , up at 6 to get lunches and see Bill and Nina off, went to lay down, woke up at 11:30. I dont sleep well at night so I guess I needed it.
Helen, My father in law has alzheimers. It's not a pretty disease either. With him and my MIL and her amputation , it has been a stressful summer.
CHEESECAKE! My mom made an Italian cheesecake with ricotta and sour cream. It was heavenly.
Kimberly, the cruise sounds like a great idea. We have a Disney cruise booked Feb 2nd. That's our Christmas gift to each other. I don't care if they have to strap me to a gurney, I will be on that ship.
Today, Clearwater has rolled out the red carpet for the movie . All the stars are at the beach. The critics gave it a good review saying it was nice to have a movie with no profanity or potty jokes.
Winter has a Winter cam if the kids want to check out a live view. g--glle in baynews9.com and click on winter cam. The same company who is making my mother in laws prosthesis made Winters tail.
Everyone have a nice Fri/Sat. I'm getting my lazy booty up and moving

Yippee it is finally Fall. Yahoo our high today will be 107F, for you Aly that is 42C. Ugh, I am really tired of the heat. I love when the weather changes and the mornings are crisp. I love everything pumpkin also. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes. Yummy. For those of us in sunny Arizona we will have to wait a couple more months for Fall to make it's way here. Not much planned for the weekend. Money is tight so I better stay home. Happy Friday and Saturday to everyone.
Linda

Oh speaking of cheesecake how could I forget my favorite pumpkin cheesecake? Scrumptious!

Hi Linda! we're at 92 today. Thunderstorms and very humid all weekend.

1st: I took notes so I would remember and who's is the 1st 1 I'm going to reply to butp wait for it....

Helen's! I would have "liked" your post but is sooo sad to hear of Alzheimer's and Dementia. My grandmother suffers from Dementia due to hardening of the arteries. I wish we could have an "unlike post" that has some kind of frowny face that makes you sad to hear it (where's Al or Richard).

Diane: yes be careful what you wish for. I have the frozen neck and left arm bit and this past week have had a really BIG pain (not HIM) but a pain where my back ribs are. It hurts so bad like you "wrenched" your back out. And remember when your mother told you not to make bad faces bc your face would freeze. Well; enjoying my ride home to freedom yesterday, I noticed how many people had such mean looking faces. Even lindsay remarked when I pointed some out.

Susan: you will like this 1; the Dr. That did my dog's mole biopsy here in Newberry was this famous pathologist known world wide. He was the 1 they called in to do. Michael Jordan's fathers autopsy when he was murdered in NC a few yrs back. It just was so funny to see his name listed as the Dr. Who tested it.

And I save Linda for last (only bc I went in order) you would love my mother's pumpkin pie. She goes all out and buys 2 75 lb pumpkins, cut them up. Cook the pumpkin, mashes it and then makes her own pies. They are to die for. She also makes brownies, pudding, squares and a whole lot of other things. Last yr she made 75 pies and I didn't get a 1 (only bc noone was headed our way)!

Okay what did I say this time, faces freezing, no likey or was it the fact that the moderators want some of my mother' pumpkin pies?

I'm just kidding Al and Richard, if I could get some I certainly would share it!

Good Day Everybody,

Beautiful day in Paradise, warm, trade winds, passing clouds, a few prinkles, same ol, same ol. Probably why I just up and moved here some 20 years ago. You all sound good today. Again with the food talk so early in morning , for me anyway, makes me have to eat something with my coffee, pass the cheese cake, yummmy

I think I found the solution to waking up so often in the night, by staying up as late as I can, wearing myself out physiclly. Ya right, woke with the biggest head ache, but slept pretty well....:)

Today it is off to the pulmonologist he called yesterday for follow up of sleep test done almost 4 weeks ago, figured I was fine didnt hear anything, wants me in today, geez, If i'm ok he could tell me on the phone , but he cant charge for that.

This afternoon I am off to my son's house, 5 minutes away to "watch his kids as they will be on Lanai for 4 days, they are 13 11, 7boys and 1 girl,2, I am bring my daughters girls 11 and 13 year old to do all the running around for me, Should be interesting and fun.

Hoping you all have a WONDERFUL DAY!........:)

Oh, I forgot to let you all know the bad news from my hometown!

Apparently a guy from Severna Park, MD; who graduated a yr after me in 1979, met a 24 yr old girl (0n line) from the same area and took her to Aruba.

Can you tell where the story is going?

Well he supposedly took her scuba diving and she just happened to disappear. And then he conveniently tries to cash in the million $ life ins policy he put on her....

2 things to this story:

1, I am so sorry for these parents to be going through this

And 2, where are some of those do I have people that should finally open their eyes and see that the internet is a dangerous place!

I just pray they find her alive, but at least this 1 is being held in jail down there!

Hi all

Just saying hello for a few minutes. One thing that affects my sleep is that I no longer can toss and turn. So whatever position I fall asleep in I wake up in all numb and tingling. I was always a wild sleeper, covers all over the place, pillow on floor.

When mom had to sleep with me when I was a kid at my grandparents dinky little cottage at Conneaut Lake PA she said I was a kicker.

Have a great day all!

A little down today but trying to buck up. Talked with president of my company and head hunter about my replacement. Gee I didn't know how great I was - should've asked for a raise. :)

Rita

Kim, that's been all over the news up here... first problem for him was that I guess she wasn't exactly the scuba-diving type... poor girl.

It's muggy here, a bit warm, but now it's raining yet again... probably in the 70's which would be perfect if not for the rain. Aly, we're going to be getting our pumpkins soon, and I'll have to get one for you so you can make your first jack-o-lantern!

The rugs were picked up to be cleaned, my former roommate's dad is over getting some of her stuff, and paid me her overdue rent, and I had to call the ambulance on my hubby, who fell in the driveway when his knees buckled due to back pain. The fire dept came (no sirens as requested), and took him off. Haven't been to the hospital yet, as the kids were still at school and I pick one of them up on Fridays. He is still in the ER waiting for the xrays to come back, but it looks like it was a muscle spasm... it's been a busy day.

Rita, maybe you should see if you can stay on part-time, they allow it with disability if you're under a certain amount.

Don't know where to start......
Helen, sorry about your husband. Do you think he may be more helpful after he is better. Don't do anything for him, he will soon learn how hard it is to manage? Mean I know, but it's just the mood I am in. I am exhausted. All these early starts and excessive exercise is affecting me adversely. Might have to slow down. I went to bed at 7.30 and was asleep by 8.00!

Kimberly, now I am nervous........Helen you cant get hold of my life insurance!Glad you are home safe. A local neurologist I spoke to last week is off on a Disney cruise. Sounds like fun if you have young children.

42c wow. I have never experienced that type of heat. I would have to sit under an AC machine, with my feet in ice.

It's soccer breakup at my house this afternoon......oh what fun, I can hardly wait ( said sarcastically).

I am so tired I am going to curl up and sleep. No treadmill today!

Nighty night

Its a Friday Night Fish Fry and drinks for this girl tonight! Hope all is well with all of you. Loads of love.

That's right it is friday fish night..lol. I remember growing up we always knew when it was friday because we always eat fish on fridays. Never could figure that one out....not Catholic either. Still like fish but anyday works for me....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back