Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,

it's sunny and in the 60s today so it looks to be a great day in the hills. Today is Tim's 69th birthday so we had a birthday breakfast with our guests. The cake was a stack of doughnuts with candles. Kathy brought the doughnuts this morning when she came in to work and had them sitting on the table with candles when we all sat down. He loved it!

I told him that his gift was the new dryer -- which by the way, is not working and they are delivering a new one on Sunday. Thank goodness the weather has been good enough to hang the clothes on the line. At a B&B there isn't a day that we don't have laundry.

This will be a busy weekend around here. It is the annual Buffalo Roundup at Custer State Park. Vendors, chili cookoff contest, Art auction, and of course the Roundup. Thousands of people from all over the world will be here.

Looks like my aide has arrived, and has brought a case of the Ensure for me to start using. I suppose I will have a milkshake for my lunch and give it a try. :)

Diane,

I don't know how you do it. I get exhausted just reading just thinking of the work you have to do to keep your inn up and running! I own an old (somewhere between 125-150 yrs) boarding house for the last mill that survived. It has 10 BR's in it and as soon as you finish cleaning 1. You could still see dust or a cobweb that escaped you! If I had insurance on the house. I would have burned it down a long time ago.

And can anyone tell me what's wrong with a dryer for a Bday present? I myself would like a new kitchen sink or a dishwasher (ain't happening, I know)! Tell Tim Happy Bday for me. Glad things are working out for the two of you.

My motto is, "Men; you can't live with them, you can't live with them!".

Oh such joyful chatter, what a lovely way to start the day, just wish it wasn't at 5 am! I just can't get comfortable in bed!

Happy birthday to Tim, and you certainly always sound busy.

DD I mean Dana, I might try the no calorie banana bread. I have some browning bananas that would be perfect.

Mary I just love walking my big fat Labrador Jake. I was struggling up a hill last night so I clipped on his leash and he pulled me up the steepest bit. Magic.....like having your own bulldozer. My young dog Ruby, runs on ahead then I call her back, after I have done that a few times, Jake and I are plodding along happily and ruby is exhausted. Works so well :)

Liz. I don't mind cussing. I slip up at times, smoking.....another story, but as long as you smoke outside and down wind I have no problem at all.

I have no plans today. All I ate yesterday was fresh bread and cupcakes.....today I must pay for my actions! I will have to hit the road and get a long horrible walk in, or the swimming pool. Torture.

Lovely day

The browner the bananas, the better! Sometimes I just squish them up and stick them in the freezer 'til I'm ready to bake. They look really disgusting after that, but work well. And of course, NO calories! :) Hey, it has bananas and sour cream in it, it must be healthy.

Kim, my motto for men is, "You can't live with them, you can't kill them!" Sorry, won't find any in my backyard! :)

Aly, just float around the pool with a frozen drink with an umbrella in it, and call for the "Pool Boy!"

Diane, enjoy your weekend, and happy bday to Tim! Glad things are going well for you, and I hope you're going to get to the roundup!

Hi Ann, Susan, Linda, see that your computer is on this thread, even if you're not looking at it right now. Has anyone heard from Sequoia? I know she's going for the ekg in Fresno? Praying that she'll be fine to get on the Dex trial.

Sun keeps trying to come out, and then hides again...

Busy, busy, busy. I am here, barely. Been golfing, mowing the yard and such. Grand-daughter keeping
me busy. Just wanted you all to know that I am here, great to hear all of your buisness. I learn from
you girls and the few guys that come on here.

To many topics to comment on, gangsters, food, bra's, food, killers, travel, and that is not the half of it.
Bless you all, keep smiling, cause when your smiling, the whole world smiles with you. :)

The Jimster

Helen, I have only had this one and I have a few places not in my name and no connection to me; so as I have said B4, a few more episodes of CSI and they will never get me! And who would think that someone as little as 5 foot being able to dispose of a 6 foot 7 inch man?

Now Ladies and guys, I speak all in fun (or do I?)!

When you see his face on the side of the milk carton? You just act natural.

Hi All!

Helen, thanks for posting the recipe. Yours is similar to mine and you are so right about squishy bananas. Also I love your talk of Salem - even in August it had the feel of Halloween - I bet it's a hoot in late October.

Diane, please send a birthday wish to Tim for me too. Your B&B sounds like a great place to be.

Aly, my lab and I used to do about 2-3 miles of walking a day - now I take 45 min. to walk one mile... at first I hated going so slow, but I'm getting used to the idea of being grateful these legs still walk at least for bursts. Take Helen's suggestion of floating with a frozen drink!

Hi Jim - while my keyboard and I are plodding along, you popped a post in before I could finish. Glad to see all is well with you.

Kimberly, mums the word when I see the milk carton!

Bye for now!
Mary

Hi all, pass the cupcakes please will go good with my coffee this morning after my looong nap...:)

The banana bread sounds good too, now I will have to break out my "Suzie Bake Oven", and try to make some, my bananas are just right to use now, Thanks Helen!

Last night I opened my window to watch the beautiful starry starry night,and have fresh air on me, woke up in the night and was all wet, it rained and I never woke up, blanket was wet and my hair all frizzy on top, must have sleep thru it getting all over me...lol...I never sleep that sound, was great...except the wet part...:)

Diane, so sorry about the dang dryer, so frustating it must have been.

Still looking for "Notme"..anyone heard from her? I'm getting kinda worried.

Aly, helen, liz hope you all have a good time together, how special that will be.

Momofsix....great motto! I concur...lol

Susan good job saving Coco's eye, and him too! Ann, Kim, Dana, Mary, Jim & trfogey,and anyone I missed, so good to see you sitting around the tea table this morning. so nice to see all the smiley faces today...:)

Have a Great day Everyone!

(psst Helen, the glass is just too big..lol)

I used to tell friends that if I ever disappeared, then see what was on the crime shows of the week... CSI, NCIS, Law & Order, Bones, etc. hubby watched them ALL the time! :)

Kim, sorry, they only put kids on the milk cartons, so you'd be safe there!

Wow, I think we're all fightin' to get a word in edgewise around here! It's a good thing.

Helen I use to watch American's Most Wanted...I just knew my ex's face would be on there at some point..lol...no tv now, guess I'll never know.

OK all, here is morning tea. My FINAL cupcakes , complete with purple flowers. need to make 130 of them but not until the day before the wedding.
Cookie wanted in on the picture so has joined us for morning tea. I ate too many yesterday, so coffee only for me.

ENJOy (after you have disposed with your husbands of course)

Attachments

• Cupcakes final 001.jpg
    Cupcakes final 001.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 103
  • Cupcakes final 002.jpg
    Cupcakes final 002.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 101
Happy birthday to Tim.
Di, I'm worried about Patty too. It's not like her to be away for so long.
Love the cupcakes and cat :)
As I told my nieces fiancee, I have a gun and they'll never find your body. Treat her like the princess she is. 10 years later he still treats her like a queen.
As my Dad say's trespassers will be shot, survivors shot again. He sleeps with a gun on the pillow next to him. Thank heaven he has great eyesight for an 86 year old.
I have to confess, Bill is a peach. How he puts up with me is a wonder. He is truly kind and sweet.
Helen, don't forget cheesesteaks. I know they are from Philly but I heard Boston can make a killer one. So much for the diet Aly.
Sweet Italian sausage and pasta tonight. Gluten free for me .bleh :(

Aly, they are beautiful -- but 130 is a lot of cupcakes the day before a wedding when everybody is running in circles. Will you have help? I sure hope so or you won't be able to make the wedding! :)

It will be all hands on deck. Yes its pure madness, but saves $600, so I say, go for it .........and Buy a new handbag :)
Give one to Tim for his birthday. I should have put a candle on one for him.
OK just got one for Tim
Happy Birthday to Tim, Happy birthday to Tim
Happy Birthday dear Tim
Happy Birthday To you!

Who actually wrote that crappy tune :)

Attachments

• Tims.jpg
    Tims.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
whoever did still gets royalties for it, that's why they never play it on tv shows!

Aly, those cupcakes are gorgeous! You have way more patience than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back