Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it 'specially for Aly's daughters... :)

I'll have to make that costume this year for Halloween!

Helen, it was the E one. I kept them I needed the full size but even the color bled onto his allergy covers on his pillows and his electric mattress pad is pink also. I didn't wash them together and I washed the dheets in cold with the good detergent. I will eventually go to MA<Y'S and buy the real 1st quality sheets.

Everytime I would walk in 1 of my 10 BR's and see all the beach items, I thibk of poor Liz and all the others out there who have never seen the ocean. Same thing with snow. Liz, dear where R U?

Next time you have bright colorful sheets, try adding salt to the water, it should set the color. Do you have any Home Goods where you live? They have some good prices on bedding and stuff. I love that store, but won't go in 'cause I'll buy something!

hahahahahaha Helen Love your avatar!. Try giving the dog half a pepto tablet. Check with the vet first.
Kimberly, You are too funny. Nothing is over the top for me. The raunchier the more I laugh.
A pirates dream is a sunk-in chest. get it hahaha?
Sammy the Bull( mafia hitman) lived on the same block as my Aunt Nina in Staten Island. When he ratted out John Gotti who was the head of a crime family in NY,the feds came with a backhoe and dug up Sammy's backyard. Found nothing.
Good night and sleep tight!

0h. Susan u can't pull that on us and leave is hanging! My uncle 3 yrs my senior (my grandmother had twins at 42) worked for the mafia. My best friend, I can still picture her today, anyway one night their nightclub/pkgd good store burned down right across the streetbfrom the fire dept. Met up layrs later and she didn't remember a thing. Anyway my uncle worled for a family in MD and he wasn't allowed to tell us t ibgs but we could figure t hings out when he would disappear for a few days

Helen, I did wash them with salt! My momma used to wash her sheets and spraystarch and freeze them for a week. Then she would get t e frozen ones out and iron th em

I spend the day in the kitchen and natter natter. Love the avatar helen.
My cupcakes are a success so I CAN do them for the wedding. Anna loved them too. Photo coming soon.
Allen........what can I say, I would have left bra sizes out of the conversation had I known you were peaking....how rude!

Had a thought while vacuuming the floor, Something Loris hubby said about her and Brooksea................ So Helen and I are going to share a room ? Boy we need to be a trusting pair. Well, being buried in Helens back yard is NOT on my bucket list , but seeing her is, so Helen please dont kill me until the end of my visit.

Sleep well all. I have to dash out to school. walk dogs , feed horse, feed family, watch rugby, sleep!

Here I am! LOL
DD. I want em both! The boobs and the doghnuts. Never had either. Helen, you asked who actually eats the doughnuts there? REALLY?
Cops. You can always find the cops at the doughnut shop!

All this talk about sharing rooms and secret lady lovers.... so what exactly is going to happen if I come to Helens too? Are we all going to share a room? We could really get some hubbies talkin then! Hehehehe.

Aly- Im a bit concerned that I will completely fit into the American stereo type. Im loud. I cuss ALOT and I know you hate that. I eat really crappy food and WAY too much of it. I smoke. Oh boy... this could be interesting.

And Helen- are we going to be eating at all these exotic places? Ive never had Thai food. Or clam chowder. Or lobster. Or really much of anything that has been mentioned in the last few pages here. Heck- maybe i will LOSE weight on my visit!

my Pals has a trach change tomorrow. may need to stop in Urgent care afterwards. he hasnt had a BM in 4 days. every day he gets a vegetable laxative, stool softener, milk of mag, bran, apple juice, and we use enemas on him. I even gave him coffee today in hopes it would move things along. Nope. His belly isnt firm and he isnt in pain, but he is uncomfortable. Worried he may have a blockage or something.... oh how it always goes back to poop.

OH- i was just thinking- Aly has that super cute NZ accent, Helen has the Bawwwstin accent, and I dont have an accent (LOL- no one from Wisconsin has one, duh). Think we'll be able to understand each other? LOL

Allen........what can I say, I would have left bra sizes out of the conversation had I known you were peaking....how rude!

Rude? Moi? Only in in the DIHA or the Caregivers forum. Or so I'm told, anyway.

Using the word "peaking" in the DD context brings back unpleasant memories of a show I saw about Madonna several years ago. Sort of a Raquel Welch meets Robbie the Robot costume that looked like nuclear warheads. Dreadful.....

Good Morning Everyone!...Beat you all up finally! Hope you have a Good morning...time for a loooong nap...save me some tea or coffee preferably......:lol:

I spend the day in the kitchen and natter natter. Love the avatar helen.
My cupcakes are a success so I CAN do them for the wedding. Anna loved them too. Photo coming soon.

Well, being buried in Helens back yard is NOT on my bucket list , but seeing her is, so Helen please dont kill me until the end of my visit.

Sleep well all. I have to dash out to school. walk dogs , feed horse, feed family, watch rugby, sleep!
Aly, I was sure your cupcakes would be beautiful. Congrats!

Don't worry about when the Cereal Killer does you in...it will definitely be the end of your visit...

Have a great day! Kimberly--so much fun to see you here!
Ann xoxo

Good morning everyone, I made some banana bread yesterday (thanks Helen for the recipe) and it turned out wonderful, delicious, scrumptious,perfect and so on and on. Oh am I bragging, Helen should be the one bragging, it was her recipe. I gave my father some and he called me later to ask if it is possible to eat too much of it. He wanted to know how many calories were in it, and I asked if he saw a label on it with the calories. He said no, so I told him then it doesn't have any calories. My husband took some to work with him (feeding the hungry EMTs at the fire station) so I guess I did okay and thanks again Helen for making me look like a great cook.

Dana
(by the way my initials are DD)

Good morning all!
Dana, sorry I trapped your initials in all those posts yesterday!
Helen, if possible can you send me that zero calorie banana bread recipe? It sounds worth hidden calories that may be lurking in any non-labeled item.
I guess all your cooking posts finally got to me. I made ratatoille for dinner last night. It turned out pretty good.
Kimberly, enjoy you day!
Trfogey - sorry I started the posts that had you peeking!
Well, it's off to the rollator/60 lb. dog walk! I hope the 2 of us can handle a mile today.

Have a great day or night!
Mary

Hello all!
You girls are in rare form today. We'll scare away the few men who visit us.
Liz, my ex husband always accused of me and my best friend of being the "L " word. We have been friends for 30 years and were close like sisters. He hated I had friends. (that's why he's an ex). We have a saying in NY, I like my picnics with meat.
I respect everyone's choice of partners. Always have always will.
Coco the Silky update. Vet visit for eye check this am. He's producing tears and his eyes are almost healed. The vet said it really was a last minute rescue. He thought for sure he'd lose his left eye. we're waiting for his heartworm test to come back. Our last hurdle.
Have a great Thurs/Fri all!

Dana, so glad the banana bread came out so well! Not really my recipe, I just looked and looked for the best one I could find, and this is definitely it! I don't think it's possible to screw it up, even if you forget the vanilla like I've done, it still tastes good. Mary, I'll try to post it again.

Susan, I think your ex just wanted in on the supposed "action"... so glad that your little Coco is doing so well, and even if he has heartworm, it is treatable. I'm surprised the vet didn't run that test first.

Having a late start today between the 2 computers I use for work not working right (reboot), still have one kid home sick, so I made a late breakfast for the two of us, cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, all kinds of fun. Now I want to go back and take a nap, but must get some work done if I want to take some time off and have some play time with Aly... and possibly Liz! I'm keeping my fingers crossed Liz! You'll make it happen. Too bad Kim's not closer, we'd go see you... Dana you too, up for a ride out here? I think we're going to visit Salem, Mass, home of the Salem Witch Trials, it will be crazy there the week of Halloween. The House of Seven Gables is there, the Witch Museum(s), all kinds of wacky people, it's fun. Took my daughter there last summer when I was still brave enough to walk with a cane, ended up taking a cab back to the car. This time it's the scooter the whole time.

Off to work, will check in later!

Attachments

• Banana Bread Recipe.pdf
    4.6 KB · Views: 373
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back