Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be if I gain any more weight! I miss my skinny, flat-chested days, let me tell you!

Has anyone heard about the benefits of coconut oil? I'm thinking of starting to take some daily, and cooking with it is supposed to be healthier than most other oils... except for olive oil, but you can't fry with olive oil.

oooooh! Another night with a chili dog! Can it get any better?

I am confused. What is DD? D u n k i n d o n u t s ?

I think it's dunkin donuts! I am not really DD, not now anyway!
Donuts are pretty big in the states huh?
Watching master chef and getting inspiration for cooking dinner........

Just to clarify, my DD reference is to dunkin donuts coffee.

Aly, Master chef motivates my daughter, not so much me anymore. Clumsy hands make every chore take forever.

Yikes! It's too early! I still can't seem to break the "wake up and get ready to go to work" cycle."

Okay I nissed sonething here...when I saw DD I went for the boobs (I guess by the ?'s I'm not the only 1!) Well 1 more day and if th ey cone in for PT (physical torture) I'm packing ny bags and walking out. Why should they care if I can walk 3 ft or 5 ft with a buddy to the potty?

You all have a wonderful dayn today! I will be thinking and praying for everyone of u.

With much love to all,

Why is it when I read all the posts I missed I get hungry ? First hot dogs, then poutine, then chicken and mashed potatoes, then brownies w/ice cream and now Dunkin Donuts. I will take one of each please.

Dana

Kimberly and all! Sorry for all the DD confusion! It's only my clumsy hand shortcut for dunkin donuts coffee! So much less exciting than the other DD reference I guess. All this talk has me thinking a short drive for coffee is in order! Doesn't phase me a bit that I have to hold the cup with both hands...thankfully I have a perfectly sized cup holder in the car! Wouldn't want to spill.

Have a great day all!

I think we're all a bit nuts (no, now we're going to talk about cashews, and peanuts, and.......... help!)

DD in my world is Dunkin' Donuts......... but I'm probably the only person in the world who goes there for the... donuts! Everyone else in my family does drink coffee now, even the 12 year old. I was reading that a mom was giving coffee to her ADHD kid instead of the meds, as they're both stimulants. Thinking of trying that with the boy...

Anyway, forgot to set the 6a.m. alarm for older boy, but he's home again for his cold, as is younger boy... got up late myself, and the dog had puked in Aly's room... :( So, off to clean the carpet, and open up the windows, lucky its gorgeous outside.

Helen, loads of sympathy! We have DD here--and yes, it was rare but I went for the donuts! 8:00 Colombian is my favorite coffee. Hope your day becomes more pleasant!

There is a 2 handled clear plastic mug, comes in a three pack--can prolong drinking coffee with bad hands. I use a tall plastic glass held with two hands, and used with a straw now. It works in bed while I sit up, as it rests on all my stuff (rolled up covers and bed controller under the glass).

Welcome, Mary! Hello to all!

I have to admit, I chose boobs over donuts. Boobs don't hurt a diabetic. :) Eddie says he does also.
Neither one hurts ALS. :) His eyes got so big when I said "What does double D "DD" me to you. He's like, where?

Coffee goes with both, I think. I suppose you could dunk them? Enough!:)

Eddie used a straw, till he couldn't. We practiced this morning with his eye gaze. Coming along really slow.
I have typed in quite a few of his favorite saying. No cuss word. promise.

Good news, Edddie's personal Dr. is coming tomorrow to see him. A house call? Yes, he is coming
at 10 am and I am looking forward to him being impressed with what our girls are doing.

Thanks to all for your joking and lighting up the morning.

Jim

Hey Ya'll! Good Morning!
Our DD burned down 3 months ago. The ice maker caught on fire and there it went. They built a new one ASAP and added a Baskin Robbins. I'm an avid tea drinker but I do like their Coolatta's.
Helen, Nothing like a pile of dog or cat barf to keep us on our toes. My friend gives her ADHD son mountain dew to counteract the hyperactivity. It worked for him and he didn't have to be on meds.
Tonights dinner is chicken, baby artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes and gnocchi. Gnocci are tiny Italian potato dumplings. I buy mine but my Dad makes them homemade.
Have a nice day everyone!

Susan, I want your dinner! Wow, YUM. We have canned artichoke hearts....hmm. I've met gnocchi and we're good friends, but he doesn't reside here, so what brand do you buy?

Should anyone want this very lightweight mug info, it's Providence Independence Two Handled Mug... e b a y.

I have always wanted to try gnocchi, it looks so good when I see it on cooking shows. Okay I am once again hungry !

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back