Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Y'all have got to see this! What a determined, inspired and courageous man!

Look at the facility! It's fantastic! Right down to the table settings!

I know it's hard for pALS and cALS to donate for this cause, but if you could pass this on to your friends and family, that would be great!

The more of these ALS Residences that are built, the more awareness there will be of this disease. And the more comfortable pALS will be.

It was very heartwarming to see someone who had been bed bound in a hospital, sitting in a PWC with a colorful Mohawk haircut. You could see the joy in his eyes!

ALS & MS Residences at the Leonard Florence Center for Living on Vimeo

That was amazing. It can be done. If these new drug trials are our answer for a cure I'll be the first one on the board to start a center.

Wow, How wonderful! Thanks for sharing this C.J.!

Showed my husband the video and he wants to know when he can move! ;)

UPDATE!

If any of you feel you could help with this cause, please do so! We can use your help!

If you've ever wanted to help, here's your chance. Please spread this to anyone and everyone you can. Please write your letters ASAP. See video here for inspiration: Steve Saling ALS Residence 12/2009 - YouTube

We need your help in establishing a residential living center for those suffering from ALS or MS in Georgia - We need your letter no matter where you are, if we can provide a residence like this here, your state could be next!

We really need your help in generating the information requested below no later than September 15th. Forward this email to anyone you think can help. If we are unable to make a persuasive case for this facility it will not be approved and Georgia families (and everywhere) will be left to fend for themselves in supporting their loved ones afflicted with ALS/MS.

Where do you send it?

I guess my post was chopped before being approved. Sigh... I knew I should have printed that stuff out! I'll get back with you, after I get ALL the details again! I was going to write my letter on Monday, so I didn't make a note yet of the address.

I did hear about this before, a neighbor goes there to visit a friend of hers with MS... it's just outside of Boston, in Chelsea, MA...

What a great idea to have these facilities, and enable us to live as normal and as long as possible.

More of these need to be built across country and world so all who need could be accomodated.

I agree Rita..like a facility on a tropical island...I know just dreaming...

I think ALSA and MDA need to go in that direction of helping people with better living options near family.

I will become such a burden on my family, They are so not able to do it, daughter homeschooling 9 children (thinks she can do it), son, 4 children no room for me 3 jobs, makes me feel so bad I am not sure what I will do, but I want to be close to them, it would be wonderful to know they could come visit without all the difficult and extremely stressful tasks involved as caretakers. My heart and Love go out to all caretakers, I dont know how you do it, I honestly don't. You are all such amazing people, I truely mean that. Thanks for all you do.

Build it & I will come to the island.

I'm close to needing an assisted living facility before winter. Hope somewhere has a bed open that is decent & I can afford.

Rita

Rita, Ya know I would if I could, Hey when I win the Publishers Clearing House Sweeptakes I will buy a BIG house and you all can come live with me.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back