Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly,
What is a typical days food for you on your diet? I am sure we Americans have plenty of healthy options for you. Give us an example of what you eat.

Helen I make a salad just like that. Healthy and yummy.

all i know is that everyone is making me hungry! I am eating cheez-it's not very filling..What the heck is NAKED that you drink Diane?Ann ok what is poutine, and ladel?now I know what loadede fries are, chili dogs, the salad sounds yummy...Linda that apple pie sounded so good. Ok my mind is on food!

Joni, Naked is a drink like smoothie, can be green with lots of veggies, or with fruits only, very good.

I looked that recipe up, Joni--ladel is misspelled ladle, and poutine is the loaded fries.

Aly, we do not all eat like that. Hahaha, I've never had cheese or gravy on my fries...and eaten fries rarely--and baked them. Last night we had baked salmon, broccoli slaw and (from the freezer) roasted potatoes with green beans. Tonight is rotisserie turkey breast, the rest of the broccoli slaw, and another to-be-determined vegetable. Egg salad for lunch...yogurt/berry puree smoothie for breakfast.

Joni, I know...my mind is obviously on food, too!

Diane, thanks for answering that question!

Here are some pictures that were taken at the wedding we held here last weekend. The bride and groom rode a motorcycle out here from Chicago. Neither one had been here before but I am sure they will be back! Let's see what I can load on here...

Attachments

• DSC_5162.jpg
    DSC_5162.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_5147.jpg
    DSC_5147.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_5150.jpg
    DSC_5150.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_5022.jpg
    DSC_5022.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC_5021.jpg
    DSC_5021.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 183
Diane hmm asmothie with veggies..never heard of that, Ann I need to come eat with you, my stmache is growling...lol Diane I just love where you live so pretty and the pictures are great. Did I ever tell you that I got married the first time on a motorcycle..

Great pic Diane! It looked like a fun time!
Linda, I'm so glad your here today. I was going to send you a message tonight.
In Eastern Pennsylvania they make a green salad and top it off with shoe string fires and marinated lamb chunks. In Hershey where my husbands family is from they have a lot of Amish food. Pickled eggs, herring and other gross stuff.
I like sweet potato fries myself.
I drink Naked coconut water. It's good and refreshing. I get it at the Health food store.
Joni, do tell..................:)

Diane, love the pictues, thanks for sharing, I want to come see you there now, so pretty.

Joni, you can't taste the veggies, but get all the nutrients, I throw in protien powder, walaa lunch! Susan..... get stuff coconut water!

Our loaded fries are waffle cut round potato fries, topped with refried beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, bacon bits

How about I go by "Di " so as to not confuse folks, with all the Diane's? (what my family and frinds call me).

I found a wonderful salad dressing, It is "Maple Grove Farms of Vermont" Raspberry Vinaigrette. They make it in Fat Free, and Sugar free fat free. One is 35 cal per 2 tbsp, the other 5 calories. It is REALLY good, and about 2 bucks for an 8 oz bottle at WalMart.

mmmmm...sound good Sadiemae, I wonder if our walmart has it I will look. Thanks

Last edited:
Wow, that salad sounds fantastic, nothing like feta crumbled on salad veggies, now ya talking girl!

Linda. Yesterday I had
Breakfast
1 banana, 2 gold kiwifruit
Lunch
Smoked chicken and smoked havarti cheese toasted sandwich on rye
Dinner
Wholemeal lasagna, but cooked with layered spinach and low fat ricotta cheese instead of cheese sauce. It's a new recipe and everyone loves it, even the non spinach eaters! ( had 1/2 serving)

Talked to my daughter in UK for 24 minutes since writing above. :)

I made an amazing salad 2 days ago with left over lamb roast. Cooked it up with chopped spinach, ground coriander, tin of tomatoes, basil , yum everyone loved it. Wrapped it all in tortillas.

Lori, I have some raspberry vinaigrette. It is lovely......roll on summer, when the lettuces and cucumber don't cost a fortune.

Gee, you lot. I missed so much while skyping.
Love the photos Dianne
Ann I love the sound of your grub.
Not sure about coconut juice. I should have tried some when I was in Waikiki earlier this year. It did look quite refreshing.
I use coconut milk a lot when I am cooking Thai food, which is my favourite.
Helen do you like Thai. If you do, I can cook some for you.
All this food talk is sending me to the kitchen, I need to make bread and more cup cakes. This time it's going to be the prototype for the wedding ones. I will use my little purple flowers on top. Send a picture if they work out!

Diane your place looks absolutely beautiful. I would love to sit in one of those chairs and soak in the scenery.
Diane from Hawaii, "Di" it is. It gets so confusing for me. Glad you came up with an easy solution.
Aly, except for the lamb you would find all those foods in my home. I don't think you will have a problem sticking to your diet one bit.
Raspberry vinaigrette is my favorite dressing. I could talk about food all day even though half of we talk about I can't eat anymore.

Helen poutine is so popular that the snack bars in Costco sell it. I love poutine, but try to limit eating it as it is a heart attack waiting to happen. Aly, we also call hot dogs tube steaks around here.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back