Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and we like our hot dogs boiled (cause they're usually frozen), browned in a bit of butter and with cheese! Like half a grilled cheese sandwich with a hot dog!

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone,
My you all have been very chatty. Took me a long time to catch up over the last 3 days. You have been all over the board in topics also. Kimberly, so happy you are back. You are loved and were missed. Smart phones are the best invention ever. Your secret is safe with us. Lindsay is a very special daughter for sure.
I had a great weekend complete with a mani/pedi. On Sunday my grandson, who turned 9 months on Friday was dedicated at church. I just love watching my daughter and son-in-law as parents. They make me so proud I could burst. We had a nice lunch afterwards. For dessert we had a hot apple pie drenched in steaming hot brandy butter topped with cinnamon ice cream. Let me just say it was delightful.
I laughed so hard at Aly and the chili dog description. My how we are all so diverse and have many different cultures to bring to the table to discuss. Hot dogs are best when they are grilled and a bit charred. Only way I like them. Topped with chili and cheese is always extra good.
Aly what color are your school buses? The cupcakes look amazing and love the purple flowers. Way too big of a project for me to take on and I would be all stressed out.
I tried to look at the pictures you were all talking about but no success. I need to do a little more exploring.
Helen, thank you for checking in on me. I am fine and I think my PEG is totally healed now.
I can't remember everything you all talked about so I will sign off for now. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth and let you all know I am here. Have a great one.
Linda

Morning all and a special hello to you Linda. I don't want to talk food but, what the heck is a poutine. Never ever heard of it.
Linda, we don't really have school buses. Some schools have organized themselves in the past few years and they are hired by the school and paid for by the childrens fares. Parents have to drive to school or if they live close, the children walk or bike.

My husband drives Sam most days, but next year I am going to make him bus. It makes for quite a long day. He will get picked up at 7.30 am and dropped off at 5.30 pm. He's not happy!

My coffee is awaiting and it's 6 am. Alls quiet. Wish I was not such a lark! Makes me tired in the evening. :)
Oh, Helen. I talked to my daughter in Christchurch last night and told her I was coming to see you............you guessed it a whole lecture about possible serial killers, couldn't believe it. I said you were a cereal killer! Hubby laughed and that does not happen often. :)

Love to you all.

Methinks that other countries have seen too much American TV!

Aly, I'm not sure how to describe a real poutine, it's a French Canadian dish... made up of grated potatoes with the moisture squeezed out, and made into about a 3" ball. In the middle some pork and spices are then put in. This concoction is then boiled, and served with either sugar or salt, both ways are good. It is a bit glutenous to look at, it's one of those meals you grow up eating I guess (I didn't). A "Quebec" poutine is basically really good french fries covered with brown gravy and cheese, can't remember what kind of cheese, but a soft cheese (NOT Velveeta!). Really good!

Sometimes for a quick meatless meal, I'll throw a bag of frozen french fries on a cookie sheet in the oven, and melt cheese/milk (velveeta usually), steam broccoli and put it all on top of the french fries (after I drain off the grease). Kids love it, and it's not completely bad for you! :)

Hmmm, what kind of cereal am I going to murder tonight? heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,heh,

Quebec I guess I am not sure what the original is, am I missing out on something delicious ?

Dana

Sorry I should learn to read newer posts before I ask a question that has already been answered. Silly me !

Dana

A few years ago I went and visited my SIL in Toronto. We went to niagra falls. She had this container of fries covered in thick gravy and cheese, I think she called it NY fries? It looked disgusting and I felt ill looking at them. She got food poisoning within 1 hour of eating them. Boy was she sickl, poor thing. The image is not good. Oh, I will be fun to cook for? Ha ha. I will live on Cereal! Please dont kill the cereal, Helen. I will bring my own, cause don't you Americans have sugar coated stuff?

Just teasing

Last edited:
I have never heard of poutine. Sounds really strange. Gravy coated French fries? I guess I need a bit more culture in my life.

Aly, we do have some healthy cereal. They aren't all killers. Have you heard of Kashi? Really healthy stuff, tastes like cardboard to me. Ha

The Basic Combination of Poutine (brought to you through an unnamed seeking device beginning with G)

Prepare french-fries, approximately 2 cups into a serving bowl. Drop 1/2 C of cheddar cheese curds on top of the fries. Ladel 1 cup of sauce (while hot) on top of the fries and cheese. Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes, permitting the sauce and cheese to work together. Grab a fork, and enjoy!
(Montreal sauce is basically poultry based sauce with onions)

What an astoundingly heart healthy meal we have here!

Oh my goodness........yuck. That is what my SIL had. Is healthy food available in USA. I am now worried. I need to get to my goal weight by Annas wedding. it's not far away. Help!

I am going to have to be disciplined! Arghhhhhh

Good morning one and all,

I started this e-mail once before and suddenly it has disappeared into cyberspace. I'll try again but you never know what Dragon is going to do. Sometimes I think that it interprets what I say as a message to send. By the time I figured this whole thing out I will be ready to stop talking. :)

As I started to say in the first e-mail -- fall has arrived. The temperature is 62° and windy at 12:30 PM. When I sit here and look out the window the trees are bending over from the wind so it apparently is more than a breeze! The sun is out. So from inside looking out. It is a perfect day.

The hospice nurse was here this morning and we had a good talk about life, my life, and death, my death. Funny, how one leads into the other. It seems that when she is here we talk about things that bring tears to my eyes. We call it "crying Tuesday". It does help though, and is good for me. I told her about my dreams and what I think they mean. She told me that in her job she sees people on this path who are all different. In other words, some people who are in a lot of pain may begin to have nightmares or scary dreams. Some who aren't in pain, may have comforting dreams of family and past experiences that were memorable. Others may never dream.

I don't know what the horses mean Joni, -- now if it were my husband dreaming about horses, I would have said that he was ready to ride off on his favorite horse. He was a cowboy -- an educated one -- but I'm guessing that he had more dreams about cowboys and horses than he did about the youth and their families who he counseled. :) Before he died he told me that he would find the best 40 acres in heaven and build the house to get ready for me. I told him that sounded good but not to worry about finding a horse for me, instead, he could round up a bunch of dogs! I bet he will too. LOL.

All of this chatter has made me thirsty, I need to go to the kitchen and warm-up some coffee. Hope you all have a good day, and take time for smiles, giggles, and maybe a tear as you remember good times and give thanks for today. I know that I have lots of things to be grateful for , and one thing is this table, where friends gather and talk about hot dogs,poop, and cup cakes! :)

Good Day Everyone, Big ALOOOOOOHA

Took me awhile to catch up, wish you guys would sleep in once in awhile, so I wouldnt be joining you all so late. Everone sounds good today.Again with the food so early in the day, need some coffee first....yawn....rub eyes...scratch b--.......slurp.......AHHHHHHH. Ok ready for the day bring it on. There are so many thing Here you couldn't pay me to eat them...lol

Ann, that sounds soooo, cant find the word...just plain bad for a person.(well me anyway)

Aly, I drink Naked alot, very healthy for you to, contains all good nutients

Anyone know what Loaded fries are?

Don't worry Aly, that's a French Canadian dish, we won't be going there! I like the French Fries version better, it's really good, but like you said, not so healthy.

Healthy food abounds, but the farm stands around here will be closed by the end of October, and then will have mostly pumpkins, apples, squash, etc. I have a really good salad that I make with romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, goat cheese, almonds, sliced avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, and anything else you like in a salad... top it off with balsamic vinegrette salad dressing, to die for! Now I really am hungry!

Hey now remember I have a dashund...lol and nobody is going to wrap a hot water bottle around her...and she hates the cold:0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back