Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Devon
City
Plymouth
I am having quite a lot of different issues and have been considering the possibility that I might have ALS, Obviously I hope not but something is definitely going on.

My symptoms are:-

-Frequent headaches
-Back tingling and pain
-Stiff feet, legs and arms
-Right thumb and index finger twitching
-Choking on things now and again
-Tingling/Numbness in the face, hands, feet, legs.
-Shortness of breath
-Sometimes struggling to get the right word out
-Painful knees
-Pain in the hands

Some of these issues I have had a few months, Others I have had for 8-9 months.

My doctor checked my reflexes and performed a babinski recently which were all ok.

I am seeing a Neurologist in 4 weeks as my doctor wants to check if anything neurological is going on.

What do you think?

-

I think youre on the wrong forum.

What forum should I be on then?

Honestly, no forum can give you a diagnosis. All i meant is that your symptoms do not point to ALS in any way.

Not even close to sounding like ALS. Wait until you see your neurologist. Don't try and second guess ANYTHING before the appointment, it just messes with peoples head. Best Wishes for the appointment.
Aly

not ALS . ALS doesn't affect sensory!

Your symptoms don't sound anything like mine, it's safe for me to say that in my opinion you do not have ALS. Keep going back to the doctor and find out what it is and get it fixed. Good luck.

What forum should I be on then?

The one you put your first post in -- you know, the post you made a couple of months ago that listed all of these "not-ALS" symptoms that you had then that still aren't ALS. The post where you were told to get checked for sleep apnea and maybe lose some weight to help with your snoring.

This post.

Or maybe it's time for yet another new user ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back