Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night all. Off to have a nice cup of tea and my gluten free cookies (bleh)

SueG, you rock, apparently I am a mess( thanks join) :) now you have come and Dianne popped in ( dryer and all) then this day rocks as well. It's like a great big family reunion. Wow, I said this was a good day when I got up.

Off to deal with dogs.

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good day.

Dana

Morning all. Awoke from a beautiful dream of riding at a perfect gallop a cream colored horse. Now why through a construction zone instead of a meadow?

Well time to play fishing with bra hooks & hope I can start car to get to work.

Have a good day all.

Rita

Hi all, I think everyone checked in yesterday, yay, SueG, I was getting worried about you, and Ann pointed out that you were probably just busy. PM me when your next Dex appt is, maybe I can try for the same day if our schedules work at all. Also, Aly is coming to visit, so if you're up for it, a ride to Maine would be fun! You can tourguide her the seacoast better than I, I only know Sebago area (used to own a camp in Naples).

Rita, I've always hated bras, hate them even more now! Good morning Dana!

Helen

If I have to quit work I probably won't give a darn about bras. Like my mom was I'm well endowed. And to think women pay $$$$ to get bigger b**bs! I'd have traded with the flat chested ones.

Brewing my tea at work. English Breakfast. And a friend left me peanut butter cookies. Gotta get my appetite back. This is a crappy way to lose weight! Even in my martial arts days I struggled with too many lbs.

Rita

And a beautiful good morning to all my tea friends! It is going to be 95 degrees here today - ugh. I am ready for fall. Cool mornings and pleasant evenings would be a nice change.8)

You all were very busy this weekend. So nice to see new faces and old friends returning.

Susan - a deep purple mohawk and a tattoo? Love it!

Aly - Hope today is a better day for you. Glad to see you are making plans to visit.....now I can't remember who. Darn it! Anyway, glad you are taking a little time and vacation for yourself.

Oh wait...now I remember, you are visiting Helen the serial killer! :-D I laughed when I read that. I have always been more trusting and always the optimist in the family.

Joni - I hope you and Bruce are adjusting to life with a PEG. Prayers for patience and fast healing.

Diane - Congrats to your grandson on his achievements. That is awesome. My son spent 5 years in Karate and we just decided it wasn't for him. Hoping he will find his niche soon.

To Betty and Rita - a warm welcome to our tea party. These ladies and gents are always just what you need to start the day.

We had a very quiet weekend. I needed a chance just to take a deep breath and not have any outside demands on me. We did get the basic chores done, but yesterday was a day of rest. Glad I did too.

Hope all is well with everyone on this warm Monday morning.
Love and light
Meg8)

Good Morning everyone!
Holy Moly I slept until 11. I took Nina to school at 7 and laid back down. Poof , i was gone.
Rita, bras and buttons give me fits. my left hand is weak so it's a pain in the butt. I might be going to a sports one.
Helen, you have to take Aly for a lobster roll. I dream about those.
Speeding ahead to Thanksgiving, Yesterday, I told Bill's family we are going out to eat. The past few years my dad and I cook for days, give everyone a time dinner will be done, and most are 2 hours late. Isn't that rude? It wouldn't be so bad but we cook for 17 people. So I put my foot down (Bill agreed).
Have a nice Monday!

Susan, I don't blame U 1 bit. My sister was always late for big family gatherings so we would tell he it started at 1 & the she started showing up by 2 (the real time). 20 yrs later and my family still tells her this.

Helen, U said the septic tank was old and he's filled with SH*T anyway, what would B the difference? There's no connection really between us or who has the Uncle Guido. Maybe he could pull off a Jimmie Hoffa for me and he has more life ins coverage than me anyway.

Gosh, I LOVE this new phone. It types the words for me and if I had much of a voice left, I could speak it!

Have a wonderful day Ladies and Jim and I posted my letter under PALS unless Richard or Al move it.

I am soooo happy 2 B back!

With Much Love 2 All,

Hey Kim, wouldn't want the inspectors finding him if my house ever sells... If its any consolation, mine moved back in to "help" me, and I finally yelled at him today that I have the RIGHT to get angry without him yelling louder than me! Why don't I have that right? hmmmph! Wish he'd find a job for crying out loud, he's had more jobs since 2001 than 10 people probably have had put together! I'm glad that phone is working for you, I still type ok, but my left hand is noticeably weaker to me.

Definitely will have to get Aly a pumpkin to make a jack o'lantern, and a lobstah roll! (gotta teach her the Bahston accent that none of us commoners have!) :) Maybe we'll get to Maine to visit Sue G, and get a real Maine lobster, they're better than the ones from the Cape (colder waters, harder shell)

Had a rough morning this morning, starting at 6am with the boy, "I can't find anything to wear...", continued with the younger boy "I don't have anything to wear.... followed by the "I'm cold..."! For chrissakes, it's October, find a pair of long pants, and put them on! Oh right, they'd still be in the 15 laundry baskets of clean clothes in MY room that they won't take and put away in THEIR room! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You make me feel better, glad to see everyone's back, including Laurel! And Kim! And Sue G! And Liz! And poor Joni, or should I say Join! :) And Marta! And Sharon! And Aly and Ann! And Joyce, Diane and Diane! And Susan! And Meg, glad you had a quiet weekend! And our new friends, Dana and Rita and everyone else I'm forgetting. Where's Barry been, is he tired of our chatter? Jim is the only brave guy these days I guess. And where's Linda? You know, I think we need a bigger parlor for our tea party... And I'm now having a brain freeze, so pardon me if I forgot you on this list, love you all... :)

Oh, and btw, I'm supposed to be Helen, the "Cereal" Killer, ok?

I just remembered when my daughter went on her first date, one of my brothers said for her to tell her boyfriend that "her Uncle John wasn't afraid to go back to prison...!" (of course he's never been)

Helen, New England boiled dinner and clambakes! yum yum! I thought you put the bodies in the basement coal bin? Chop chop ;0
It's funny, I kid about "Uncle Guido" but actually were the nice law abiding Italian Americans. Whatever you see on Real housewives, Soprano's and Jersey shore, that is not the norm. My family is the polar opposite. We are quiet, educated and mannered. (until someone is 2 hours late for Thanksgiving dinner)

NOW you tell me, I was gonna contract your Uncle Guido out for Kim! :) No, just cat poop in the basement...

I realize now why I've been in such a funk today, its not only the kids... it's the 12th anniversary of my Dad passing away... on 9/19/99. Miss you Dad, and I know you're my guardian angel.

Good morning ladies and Jim,

I have been around to reading your posts and enjoying a good laugh now and then. So much that I have wanted to say to each of you but my arms didn't work and there was no one around to put the headset on. Today is a new beginning! :)

The sun is out and the temperatures here are to be in the high 70s today -- it just might mean another day on the deck. Kathy and Tim are taking advantage of the good weather and mending fences, badly needed I might add, and cleaning up the barn. Thus they stuck me in the wheelchair at the desk and put the headset on so that I can chat with Dragon speak. I guess that's one way to assure I'll stay in one place.

Something that I've been meaning to ask...are any of you finding a change in your dreams? I have always had colorful dreams but they've never related to people, more to places and scenery, or houses with empty rooms. Now I am finding my dreams are more focused on people who have passed before me. In particular, my grandmother and my father. Both of them had a great influence on me as a small child. I remember spending hours in my grandmother's kitchen baking cookies. She would pull a chair up to the sink and let me help her in the kitchen. That's the dream I keep having about her. My dad would always take me with him to work at the store when I was just about four or five years old. That's the dream I've been having over and over again. Do you suppose life really is a full circle? Now I am being rolled up to my desk to work and I am depending on folks around me to take me wherever they want to go.

Anybody here a dream reader?

Last edited:
What a lot to read. I hate that I get up later than everyone......or earlier by a day. It's 5.30 am again. I fell asleep at 7.30 pm! Was supposed to ring my daughter in Christchurch, but slept instead.

Maybe we could send our annoying husbands to a pacific island and stand them there. They could drive each other nuts. Mine is ok, but I enjoyed making all the decisions, without " comments",while he was away. I put something away , it's moved. I left the garage doors open ,while feeding Silver to save some walking and the door comes down, just as I got to it. Petty I know but annoying! I am really needingbout of here. Can't wait to climb on that plane. Your husband better behave Helen! I suppose being killed by a cereal killer in Massachusetts, is a pretty exciting way to take an extended break from men ( sorry any man listening)

No plans today except giving you all some morning tea later. Need to share my baking, so I don't eat it all.

I might stay forever Helen. Well I would if I didn't have a trial patient the day after I get home and a wedding to finish organizing. Daughter #2 from 5 is in love. I told her to give me a year without a wedding please............

Diane, I think your statement, "Now I am being rolled up to my desk to work and I am depending on folks around me to take me wherever they want to go." is likely very relevant to your dreams about early childhood.

Helen, my sympathy on this anniversary of your father's passing. Sending a big hug, dear friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back