Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will skip the g word discussion :)
I am a parochial girl, thought the whole world had sky, it's a kind of satellite tv, so we get more channels than the standard 4.
A bit like TiVo. TiVo never took off here because the countries download speed is far too slow, remember we just discovered fire!
I am grumpy today, today's argument was about daffodils sigh! I want the ground to open and swallow me whole. Focusing on getting out of here soon. Only 5 weeks to go yet.

Hope Bruce was ok Joni? Thinking of you both.

I was so grumpy this morning I walked 3 miles for a little bag of flour, well 6 km? Am exhausted and still grumpy so the excersise didn't work, heck no one even noticed me missing :)

Ok taking this grumpy body and having a cup of coffee.

Hi Guys!
I think Im back and ready to chat!
Meg- what are you planning on getting for your second tatt? I really like your first one. Always wanted one of those on my foot.
I love tatts. always want more. im also planning on getting my lip pierced again. yay for that.
well, im off to a show tonight. will give details tomorow. Love you all so very damn much.

Yay Liz! We missed you.
Thirty years ago I got a tat of a cat on my hip. That was the time a girl hid a tat, it just wasn't done. I also had a mohawk but that is a different story :)

howdy all! Although its a few days after the fact I would like to thank those who are praying for our buisness to pick up. That is sweet of you! John had surgery on Thursday and got out of the hospital Friday evening. He had 3 surgeries rolled into one and almost had to stay a second night, but I think the Lord heard some prayers. He is hurting pretty good but hopefully will be healed completely by the time we leave for our trip. I am exhausted as I was at the hospital both days and only went home to sleep for a few hours. Just so glad its over. Ok take care! Its late and I should go to bed!

Hail, Hail the gangs all here. You know the song. It is so fun just being the fly on the wall.
But, I can leap tall buildings and morph into a regular person, and back to the fly on the wall.

You girls demonstrate the diverse lives and accumulated experiences that just make for a
good sitcom. While we all know boredom, it is the highlights of our days that brings us all
together. Thanks everyone for just being you and overlooking the winds of adversity.

The roots we have established here, helps, and keeps us from being blown over. :)

Ok, I like everything today, except for Aly being down in the dumps... feel better soon! Liz, Liz, Liz, we've missed you! I finally allowed my daughter to get her nose pierced a week ago, and have to keep from smiling every time she says, "you like it don't you, don't you think it's so cute...?" I keep telling her NO, but it actually is cute (not that I'll tell her that!) She's only 17, so was really surprised that I finally allowed it, as long as she went with her Dad, 'cause I wasn't gonna do it!

Joyce, hope your hubby is back feeling better soon, 3 operations in one! Tell him to stop getting facelifts and tummy tucks he looks fine as he is! :)

Aly, I wondered why sky was, I think it may be something like netflix here, though they don't broadcast, you pick and choose from the shows they have. I got rid of my extended cable, just kept the basic and started with them at the beginning of the summer. I still miss some of my shows, but not the extra money for stupid tv! It burns me that we have soooo many things we now pay for that didn't even exist, or were really cheap 25 years ago! Cell phones, cable tv, internet, you have to have that data plan on the cell phone bill, you have to have a contract for your cable/internet? Sucks!

Susan, you had a mohawk... never had the guts to do that, but did go to art college so had friends with them! And thank you for the offer of the St. Jude statue, I'm taking you up on that offer! :) Jim, you can be a fly on this wall anytime you want, I always like what you have to say.

Sorry if I missed anyone today, Sequoia, keep healing fast, you too Kim! Linda, Diane(s), (you know who you are)... you make my day better.

Ann! I forgot to say hi to you as well... :(

Beautiful day here, beautiful sky, warm fall day but cold in the shade. Got rid of the AG pool, now what to do with all that sand that was under it? Thinking patio here! :)

Hope you're feeling good!

Helen, Always, always.. Now I really have to watch what I say. Hmmmmm

Thanks always to the classy ladies and the gents who come aboard. Wow, I really

love my tea.

Jim

Well I woke at 4.30! sitting here, waiting for the jug to boil( kettle to you lot). Dark and raining.
Hubby asked me why I was so tired ( fell asleep at 7 pm). I said it was my long trek to buy flour......I was correct he hadn't noticed me missing for all that time. He thought I was resting. Quite amusing......I storm off in a huff and no one notices lol. Silly me.

Helen, my whole family think I am crazy coming to see you. I have been taken aside by most of my 5 children and told that you are quite possibly a serial killer! I have a dramatic family who watch Dexter! ( serial killer). My response is always the same. " well she may think I am a serial killer too" it's just as risky for Helen! By the way, I move worms when I am gardening, don't want to hurt them!

Joyce, love to you and your healing Hubby,

Jim, love you watching, but be warned....I may save worms, but I squash flies!

To all you tattooed, pierced ladies.................no comment! But heck there are lots of you. I am way too floppy, old skin and all. My hummingbird would turn into an eagle!

Well coffee is ready, so I shall partake. My grumpiness is gone, oh that's right everyone else is asleep :)
Aly

Aly, my husband has doubts about all of you. He calls Brooksea "Mona Lisa" and and is convinced she is my ******* Girlfriend!

How funny, it put ******* for the "L" word!

Last edited:
What's the L word? It never occurred to me that people are not who they say they are, I never ever want to be that suspicious.........heck I could be a muscly, hairy bloke just enjoying talk about dog poop and G words. Oh and coffee combined with food talk. :) oh well dear Helen will soon know. When Joni and I skyped, I could see her cause she has the latest iPad, mine doesn't have a camera, so I will still remain a mystery?

Husbands just get jealous! They like to be the centre of our existence. Lol

Remember Lori, what's the l word?

Bruce has had some problems, not going home today. Bad headaches, He fed alright yesterday, but this morning I was trying to learn how to feed him, he had not taken anything in around 12 hours, I was pouring it in, and all of he started throwing it up and choking on it! hell I almost had a heart attack! They don't know why, so they are wanting to keep him longer. Took the IPad to the hospital...can you believe they won't even let you use their internet! Stupid hospital! Came home while he is snoozing, to try and straighten the house up, wash some clothes. Hope the rest of you are having a good day..

Aly, too funny--now you're being me. A "L" is a female who hankers after her own kind... But you have jugs instead of kettles...so maybe in Kiwi this is something else! So glad you drink coffee, by the way. I get only one cup per day, but love that coffee.

Phil thinks Mona Lisa's arms are very funny, Lori. He loves the "southernisms"....it's sort of southern here!

Helen, Yes to the patio! Could you post a pic of the area and its surrounding area? I'm doing great, just awoke from my nap, still using oxygen. Plus, it's raining again, so Phil came into my room with lunch earlier, and SAT DOWN.

Joni, so sorry. Will pray now. Love you, and love to all.

How dumb and I. Lori explained via pm. Duh!
Joni, sorry you had such a big fright. I hope and pray it all settles soon and he gets back home.
Anne thinking of you as always.
Right better get into the day. Gardening is waiting

Golly Oly, "Jim, love you watching, but be warned....I may save worms, but I squash flies!"

I was only kidding about that part. Did you know that fly's have four auxiliary hearts. Their
wings make up 11% of their weight. If you film one in slow motion you will see that they
do a half loop before they land on the ceiling. More than you wanted to know.
Everytime you squash one, you will think about what I just told you. Many people can't
stop thinking about it right now. :)

One of these days I will make the effort to put my picture up so you can all make fun
of me. Ha. Ha

As Paul Harvey would say. Good Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back