Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!
We all need to skype each other. That would be fun!
Joni, thinking and praying of you this morning (hug). I hope things go smoothly for Bruce. You guys need a break.
Now I know not to use the G word. Haha I learn something new every day!
Aly, Alabama accents are the sweetest southern accents. I have to get some recipes for gluten free bread. I can't live without bread.
Have a great Friday :)

Good morning everyone, starting to feel more like winter than fall here. Only 40 degrees this morning and frost warnings for this weekend. Brrrrrr

Dana

Dana, cold here today as well, in the high 40's I think, and I still had all my windows open! Nothing like cold clear air to get rid of all the stuffy humid air left over from the day before. Maybe you should come out to Mass for a day when Aly is here! :)

Aly, do you use a bread machine? I have one that I use occasionally. We LOVE bread here, always goes within a few hours of being done. I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

Joni, hope all goes well with you today, you guys definitely need a break.

Well I didn't sell my house yet, but did sell the above ground pool that no one used yet again this summer. Just want it out of my yard, and it's in pretty good shape, especially since no one ever uses it.

Happy Friday/Sat everyone.

Helen, I'd think selling the pool would even help sell the house...that's the way it seems to work--less is more.

40s here during the night as well, and a nice 65 predicted for today--love the coolness! Dana, ours is temporary, whereas your lows are more determined to progress.

I'm so glad we have Kimberly's return to look forward to! If you read this, please know there are lots of cyber hugs and kisses from me to you.

Susan, the G word took me off guard there for a minute--I read that before reading what was written on the last page. So, I guess saying Gosh or Golly won't land me in suspension! :)

Good morning friends! Today is a better day. A good night sleep definitely helped. And of course it is Friday so WOOHOO!

Got the idea for my second tattoo and am really excited. Now I need to find an artist to make it unique and beautiful.

Looking forward to Zoe's second soccer game tomorrow and dinner with my brother and his family. Time to recharge these batteries of mine. :!:

Happy Friday ladies! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend blessed with grace, beauty and family.
Love and light
Meg

p.s. I did add a picture of my first tattoo. Got it this June when in Kauai. Found a wonderful shop in Koloa. It has many special meanings for me and I Love it!

Last edited:
Ah Meg. Sleep is a wonderful thing. A new tattoo! How fun!

Good morning everybody!

LOL @ or with Ann! It's amazing what we come up with in our minds without the whole story. I think wars have been started that way! ;)

Morning all. It's 5 am and I am up bright and early as usual! Saturday here and the first weekend with no soccer, yay. After 15 yearscof nagging, we got sky installed. I don't know anyone without it. Haven't got my sky yet, I will wait for a good offer. I was missing all them rugby world cup games, now I can laze about watching tv. All blacks bet poor little Japan yesterday, I should say ground them up and spat them out! USA played a bit of a dirty game, even sent the ref flying! Only saw the highlights ( low lights if you are the ref).

Kimberly emailed me yesterday and I burst into tears. Happy happy tears. Her lovely spark had returned, she will be back with us soon. I cant wait.

Helen. I don't use a bread machine. Do it the old fashioned way. My fruit bread ( just had some) is way too sweet thisctime, but the white bread was perfect. I make it most days. It only takes 10 minutes and 1 1/2 hrs to hang around for rising, so if you start early it's all done in a flash.
Well I better turn on sky. Yay I can watch real tv and not infomercials about proactive!

Good Morning All!...:)

Aly what is sky? Ann I thought the same..lol...Meg glad you are feeling better. Patty, Ms Pie, Helen, Sadiemae, Susan, Dana,Diane/SD, Kim, Liz and anyone else I missed, Have a wonderful day today with plenty smiles...:) :) :) :)

Last edited:
Hello ladies and gents,
Ann, too funny. How our minds work. I typed it without thinking! Hahahaha!
I went ahead and treated myself to a french manicure and pedicure. I even sprung for the peppermint pedicure.
Nina has a school dance tonight. The good thing about a Catholic school dance is they have to make room for Jesus if they are dancing.
It's a sport theme so she is wearing her Buc's shirt. It must be nice to not have a care in the world!
Diane, I know they opened a Disney hotel in Hawaii. Is that on your Island?
Meg, post a pic of your new tat.
See ya'll later.

I'm not sure I'm following the G o o... comment ladies... did you think it was a reference to the G spot? :)

Other G words... my maiden name (Grimm), Geronimo, Grand Canyon, Goodwill, now I'm blanking out, which is why I need scrabble letters in front of me to help.

That's what I thought they thought but didn't want to say it ;)

Ann, how close are you to Ocean City? I just saw the funnel cloud/tornado they had there on tv... guess they're not sure yet which it is.

Hi All,
Happy Friday/Saturday to everyone. I am looking forward to the weekend and getting out of this house. My daughter is taking me for a manicure and pedicure tomorrow. I love the pampering and my time spent with her. Our temperature is supposed to stay under 100 for the weekend and a bit overcast with maybe a few thunderstorms at night. I hope we get some more rain. Rainy days are happy days for me.
Aly, I haven't baked bread in years. I would love a homemade yeast roll drenched in butter hot from the oven. I really miss eating bread. Have a piece and think of me and smile.
Meg, I got my first tattoo when I was 46. My husband was speechless when I told him I had secretly always wanted one on my foot. My daughter got news of it and before I knew it she had me in the chair and I was getting a tattoo. Ha, I am still the only one in my family with one, actually two now. I have flowers on my right foot and on the left a hummingbird and a flower. I am done though, no more for me.
I have no regrets in getting them but sometimes I wonder "what was I thinking and who am I?"
Thoughts are with Sharon today. I hope she is okay. I know there were others that were getting their PEGS this week but i can't remember the names Bruce? Oh i do hate the brain fog that goes with this beast Good to know we will be hearing from Kimberly soon.
Helen, I hope the house sale is in your near future. I wish we could sell ours but we are way upside down. Oh well at least we have a roof over heads for now. Blessings everyone!
Linda

Bruce is Joni's husband, Linda--and today was his scheduled peg day.

Helen, Ocean City is 40 minutes away with normal traffic--Yes, it is weird weather!

Now, admittedly, this is silly in our society, but my first thought about not using the G word was "God", Helen! A second passed and I realized it couldn't be that! (taking the Lord's name in vain...) Growing up, we had to forgo "gosh" and "heck" when visiting a very dear Uncle and Aunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back