Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post went into the black hole of cyber space

Susan, I trust "Winter's Story" is the post--what a neat adventure! How fun that you're all so involved in the making.

Meg, sending a hug and hoping you begin to feel like you can "do this" soon.

Today is summer, but tonight we're hoping for a temperature drop!

Thinking and praying for Bruce and Joni, as well as Sequoia--our new Peggers!

Love to you all!
Ann

I couldn't get on the forum for most of yesterday. A clutch in cyberspace.
Susan anyone doing a road trip to NZ would die! There is a rather large expanse of dangerous water in between.........pacific ocean! Lol
You could run up and down the isle of the plane, but you would get tired after 12 hours.
I must read winters tale. Sounds fascinating.

Meg hop you hold up ok. Those hiding your head under the covers days are hard to get through. Thinking of you.

No pizza when I am Staying..........remember diet? I will cook you yummy food when you are busy. You can have a maid and cook for a week. Not sure I can cook classic kiwi food....we are so cosmopolitan that I cook meals from all over the world but never, meat 2 veggies and potatoes. Hubby cooked corned beef, mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner. It was one of my horror meals from childhood, so I had a bowl of sultana bran! I did make a lovely loaf of fruit bread for afters. It was wonderful so I will make you hot bread every day, Helen....if you like bread that is?

Love to you all, except funnel cake lovers with coronary artery disease, you should stick to apples :)

Aly

Oh and I got a letter from my neurologist yesterday, saying what a wonderful attitude I had. Made my day. Incredible hoe far a positive comment can go. I am still smiling. The bit about paying 2500$ for genetic testing was swept aside. I wont have the tests, I will just feel free to spend extra money while with Helen.

Morning everyone, you sll sound in good spirits today except you Meg, come on out from under those covers and play with us just a bit, we will try and make you laugh...:)
Aly you wern't reffering to me the funnel cake eating fool...LOL Hey once a year at the fair is ok besides it's on my Bucket list...LOL:)
Ann nice to see you again, and your beautiful smile! Susan that movie sounds like a good one for my grandkids to take me to. Marta dont work too hard., Helen hope you had fun with the leaf collecting, sounds like fun, Hi~~waves to Diane~~, Missing you Liz.....Time for coffeeee and a scone...yummmmm
Have a good day all.......and keep smiling :)

Hi all, having fun catching up with you all!

Meg, it's ok to stay under the covers for a while, but hope you'll feel better and come out and have a tea party with the rest of us. I'm glad I don't any ginkos here, they do stink! I don't think I've ever had a funnel cake, I'm usually looking for the fried dough and sweet potato fries when I go to fairs.

Susan, I remember reading about that dolphin, didn't realize it was in your town they filmed the movie, how much fun! We had an Adam Sandler movie "Grownups" filmed in our town, in my church as a matter of fact about 3 years ago. It was a lot of fun to see how the big movie studios do things. They took over the school parking lot for all the trailers, and most of the stars were incredibly nice. I think Sandler bought some basketball nets for the school since he noticed they were junk (in addition to the money the town and church got!). They made our little congregational Pilgrim Church look more Episcopalean (sp?) and I've never seen those 100 year old windows look so sparkly and new. They had reglaze all the window panes, and then hung huge baffles outside with lights because the weather didn't cooperate.

Aly, my kids love mashed potatoes, but they put italian dressing on them most of the time, we don't do much gravy here, except for Thanksgiving. They also love broccoli, but don't worry, I won't make you eat it! And you have another thing coming if you think you're gonna be a maid around here, the place will kill you before you get done, trust me! Too much dog/cat hair and kids... and dust... I'm thinking we're going to be on the road for a good part of the time, so I won't have to cook too much to begin with.

Anyone hear from Sequoia? Hoping her surgery went well, and she's feeling ok. Liz, Kim, Sue from Maine, we're thinking of you when we have our chatter!

Love to all,

Helen

And I nearly forgot to say hi to our 2 Dianes! Hope you're having a good day as well...

That's it Ann, Winters story. I remember the day she was rescued. A nice fisherman braved hypothermia holding her until Fish and Wildlife got to her. She was suppose to die because of the infection in her tail and she was so young. Panama, the other dolphin who lives at the aquarium adopted her as her own so it all worked out. The prosthetic tail ran in the $30,000 range and was donated by the company who invented it.
Helen, the studio gave the aquarium a whole new tank and remodel. It is a marine hospital for sea animals but it was small and old. It's beautiful now.
I love the movie Grownups. It was a hoot!
Take care all. :)

Hi everyone! I've been corresponding with Kimberly's daughter Lindsay and am passing on a message from Kimberly.

"Right now, we are looking at a release date of next Thursday, September 22. And WATCH OUT!, She says she has a lot to say.
Please tell everyone she sends her love and has appreciated all the love given to her."

Lindsay is getting her an I pad or something similar so she can talk to us. She is a feisty one.

Love you all!

Last edited:
I think about her all the time. She must be so happy she is coming home.
Good night all. I'm making it an early night. Cleaned out my closet and I'm pooped :)
Sleep tight!

You too Babe! Hugs to you Susan.

Susan, you spelled the G word, which is why your post went to moderation. Use the word Giggle instead! HUGS Lori

OMG Wrote a post for Susan explaining why a post went to moderation, and it got moderated. I told her not to use the G word, Use g i g g l e(but I didn't space it out) So the word G I G G L E is a moderated word. As well as G O O G L E!

I think g oogle is going to lose their trademark, like Scotch "Brand" Tape, Kleenex "Brand" Tissues, and Xerox copies! No one says to go yahoo something!

Great news about Kim, I've thought about her so much... ironically, they say things happen in three's, and 2 other people that I know are dealing with the same thing as Kim... thank goodness all three are ok right now. Sending lots of prayers to folks these days!

Hope everyone is having a good day, heading up to bed in a few minutes... the weather here is so funny, it was definitely a summer morning, and now is a cool autumn night! Be good to snuggle under the covers tonight, last night I ran the AC for a while before sleeping, and woke up all sweaty! Yuch!

Night night all. I am all excited cause Kimberley is going home soon and I just spoke to Joni. What an amazing accent! Saw wee Bama as well.tho Joni wants to strangle him at the moment, naughty little dog, chewing things up. Bruce is off to hospital in the morning, so lots of prayers shooting heavenward.

More bread in the oven. I need to practice for Helen.
Love Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back