Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending thoughts and prayers for Sharon today. She has her PEG placed today. I pray this time the procedure is successful and she has a quick and painless recovery. We get relief today of the hot weather. Instead of being in the 100's it will only reach about 94 today. Last night we had some much needed rain. Rain has passed by my community for four days so we were thrilled to actually get some. The temp dropped into the 70's and the smell of a desert rain was heavenly. This morning a family of about 15 quail went down the street in front of my house. All lined up following each other. I have watched them since the mama had her babies this spring, now all grown up. We have 3 little bunnies that hang out also. I haven't seen in them the last few days and am hoping the coyote that has been lurking the neighborhood didn't have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today's craving is a caramel latte and an apple fritter. No such luck but one can dream. I hope everyone is well.
Linda

Thank you Linda. Yes, prayers for Sharon's successful PEG surgery! *clink* my tea cup as a toast to Sweet Sharon.

Thanks Marta, will do :)

Linda, I will join you for an Applefritter!

Well, today seems like a typical fall day. It's misty and overcast and the temperature is not even out of the 40s. We have the fire going in the propane stove and are settled down for a cozy day.

The latest couple checked out this morning so it's just Tim and I today. The next guest arrives tomorrow and then we have someone here until the 27th. So we are hunkering down and enjoying being alone. The quiet is appreciated.

I plan on trying to do some virtual scrap booking today and if that doesn't frustrate me enough I might try writing some notes to people have been checking on me and who need the response. I find that I use up my energy on this forum if I'm not careful! I find the support, the jokes, and the tea to capture me longer than I should... so here I am and here I go -- off to another part of my cyber world. Hugs to all.

Morning All, At least it is morning for me :)........(raises tea cup)..........*Clink*.....* to Sharon, speedy recovery and long life"
So happy you got some rain linda, I'd be happy to share some of my rain with ya if I knew how, It rains almost every night, but then beautiful in the day. I hope the little bunnies are just hiding out some where.
Marta so glad you had a good visit with relatives and enjoy you trips, Aly and Helen have a good visit with each other, akmom, have a great cruise. Lets see autunm, green here, winter, green, spring, green, summer, green...soooo boring.........lol I do miss the season changing in the mountains, thinking of visiting my sister in Lake Tahoe this winter, I use to live up around there, miss watching the snowfall.
I know i missed someones adventures. So hoping all have a Wonderful Day! Love...(((HUGS))

Ah Ha............, Diane/SD you snuck in while I was typing, good to see ya, have fun scrapbooking. I want an applefritter too! ((HUG))

I love apple fritters. When we go to Tennessee there is a place that fries up the best. I love funnelcakes too.

Funnel cakes had me in stitches when I saw them in Disneyland. Are they for real? They must be the most unhealthy thing on the entire planet. I couldnt stop watching them frying them, then to top it off they squirt all that gunk on top! They are something I really don't think I could live through. I would clog my arteries and die on the spot............apple fritters are yum, but I have not had then since I was a kid.

Linda, I hope you are getting on ok with your PEG? Will be praying for Sharon today.

Dianne, you enjoy your scrap booking. I have heaps to do, but seem to lack the motivation.

Hubby is still trying to join me on my USA jaunt, na ah not going to happen. It's girls only. He would cramp our style and doesn't like shopping and drinking tea/ coffee while nattering. I have booked my flights now and accommodation in San Fransisco. Hubby asked me how I was paying for it. Amex I said with a smile lol. Who pays the Amex bill........not me I don't earn enough.:) oh it's too much fun. But I am being careful. Got amazing flight deals.

Suns out today. The sparrows are eating all the new grass seed I have sown, despite the string and plastic bags flapping. They are laughing I am sure.

Linda we have quails everywhere and the babies will not doubt start arriving soon. I love them....so cute.

Have a good Wednesday. Thursday pretty good so far
Aly

Hubby would be terribly bored with us Aly, tell him you're only thinking of him! :)

Your house is absolutely gorgeous! I wanna go visit you now... hmmm, would I fit in the suitcase? Guess not, but maybe someday when I'm rich and famous for being the first PALS cured! :) I'd settle for the second or third actually, I can wait my turn.

Sounds like everyone is having a good day, praying that Sequoia's procedure yesterday went well, and she'll be back drinking tea with us soon... Also thinking of you Kim, hope you're back with us soon.

Went leaf collecting with my 7th grader, he has the annual 7th grade leaf project to do, lucky for him his older siblings remember where all the scarce trees are... for instance, the gingko tree has a male and a female tree, and most places only plant the male tree so there are no berries... which stink when opened. BUT, there is one female gingko tree in town, and we know where it is.... he he he...

gotta go check the frozen junk I threw in the oven when I got back, no time for real cooking here tonight... just warning you Aly, we do pizza alot!

Love to all!

Hi Linda, I hope your feeling well. It's good to see you :)
Sequoia, I hope your back on your feet asap.Good wishes sent your way.
Helen, if this dexi works like they said it would..... road trip to NZ.
I have funnel cakes once a year at the state fair. They also have deep fried snickers and milky way.
Good night all. Putting in a movie and relaxing.

Good Morning! Where is everyone?

I'm here off and on Susan. Good Autumn Morning! We have a deadline today for Corporations and my boss is out so I'll be pretty busy. I hope you and all have a great day!
Hugs to ya,
Marta

Oh Helen - I HATE my gingko trees! The family who owned the house before us over planted the entire back yard. We are only at about .25 of an acre and we had 2 gingkos (one male and one female), 3 apple trees, 2 plum trees, and an almond tree. Not to mention the redwood that they planted right next to the house.

I digress.....started to just send you a note about the gingkos. They are messy and stinky together.
Love and light
Meg

Good morning all! Sorry to not be around much. I am finding less and less time to visit it seems. I am starting to struggle with getting it all done and I need to make some decisions. It is hard when all I really want to do is crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head.

Today it will cool down to 80. Looks like fall is around the corner. One of my favorite times of the year. Baseball playoffs, football, and a nice fire in the stove.

Hope this finds everyone well. Hugs and prayers to all.
Love
Meg

Hi everyone!
Next week on Sept 23rd a movie called "A Dolphin's Tale" come out nationwide. It stars our hometown hero, Winter the dolphin along with Harry Connick Jr, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Kris Kristopherson. Many of Nina's friends are extra's and the house they used in the hurricane scene is my friends house.
It's a beautiful and true story about our little Winter who lost her tail as a baby. If you have kids or grandkids or just love a uplifting story, google in Clearwater Marine Aquarium and read Winter's story. The aquarium is about 15 minutes from my house and we are lucky enough to see Winter grow up.
Winter is now a therapy dolphin, helping kids and adults who have lost limbs.
She is amazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back