Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
California
City
Glendale
Just curious if anyone else has something similar and how they deal with it. When I try to do something (stand up from a coach, talk on the phone, etc.) where I try very hard or get anxious or worked up, my whole body almost "locks up." I can't move as well as when I'm more relaxed. The magnitude of this problem is what bothers me, when I say lock up, I mean I completely lose control and it becomes so stiff I can hardly move. Does anyone else experience this?

I've had something similar happen when I get upset. It's caused by the spasticity. My brother has cerebral palsy and has spasticity and I've seen this happen with him.

It is spasticity - Baclofen is usually the drug prescribed for these spasms. They will soften the spasms so you won't stiffen up. They will probably start you on a low dose and then increase the dosage as needed. This is a normal symptom of ALS. Take care.

I too was wondering the same question, this happens to me also. It I for what ever reason tighten my mucsle they just keep going and get locked that why for awhile. Sometimes very pain full and other times just locked up.

This was what happen to my husband when he first began displaying symptoms. It was definitely stress related. as time went on, he has less and less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back