Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marta, I had thought about making a velco strap to do that, but I am concerned that if for some unforseen reason I have to vacate my chair, it might be embarrasing to lift my dress and take it off. Although, other then needing to use the restroom I cannot imagine any other reason. That is unless the ship sinks! But then who cares who sees my upper thigh! ;)

maybe I am over thinking this a tad bit ummm?

LOL! Well, we need to consider everything just in case but yeah. If there is a cause for a fast exit then who cares? ;)

Joyce,
How about a beautiful scarf or wrap that coordinates with your dress? Lay that across your lap. Accessories are always fun.
Linda

Unless you're planning on going "commando", I wouldn't worry about it too much!

I know my daughter wears shorts of some type under her short dresses when she's performing with her high school group as she's up higher when on stage. But then it may be a hassle if you do need to use the bathroom. I like the scarf idea, as long as it doesn't get tangled in the wheelchair wheels.

Yup, like Linda said a nice lap robe. Maybe flashing the Captain isn't such a bad idea;)
Dana, My husband went to SUNY at Plattsburg. Is that nearby?
Marta, It is good to have a plan "B". You obviously have a loving family that cares deeply for you.

Ok, snoring chased me out of bed! That's one thing I definitely didn't miss for the past 2 months sleeping alone!
Nice to rise early with a cup of coffee, Cookie curled up next to me purring, and reading all the chatter.

I am meeting the new MND field worker today. I met him at a committee meeting and he gave me the creeps. He's coming to my house, so I will tell him I am a fraud, getting better and say farewell. I will keep working on the MND committee even if I am clearly on the improve.
Hubby talked to my neurologist last night, he wants me to prove I am better, so will make an appt soon.

My theory is that losing 45 ibs has enabled me to increase my fitness, building strength in all my unaffected muscles, which in turn has supported my affected muscles. Limp has almost gone, I can flex my twisted in foot, which means I can push off, instead of going flap flop. It's all bizarre, but hey I will take it.

Visiting Helen is going to be my little pat on the back.

Joyce it's lovely to hear from yOu. The business sounds like it's taking off. You cruise is close now. You must be so excited.

Love youball. It's time for another cup of coffee.

Joyce, there was a long stage in my progression when I had trouble with transferring--doing that pivot with my feet. I gave up all slacks and went entirely to skirts. If you find mid calf length, they are easiest in a power chair, and don't require that your knees stay put. Skirts that are easy are neither full nor straight and slim, but are A-line. I really loved bias cut jersey knit...Wearing a slip is easy, but someday commando is all that works.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I like the scarf one as my legs get cold in their dinning rooms and my legs seem to get cold alot more now then they use too. Ann, I do have some nice A line skirts that I will wear on the casual nights. My black cocktail dress also has a full skirt to it but its just below the knee and when I sit it rises just a little. The scarf idea just might work since I have some surongs that are like scarfs only bigger! I bought them in the caribbean and I use them as beach wraps to cover my swim suit. I have so many of them because I find a pretty one and buy it! So maybe I will use one of those, unless I find some pretty fabric one in Greece!

Yes the time is getting close, I didn't realize we are at the 6 week point today! The business is not going as well as we had hoped but the Lord will provide when need be.

Good Morning:) How is everyone today?
My tests came back. I'm gluten, milk, casein and tapioca sensitive. No wheat or cheese for me:( Celiac disease is rampant in my family so gluten was not a surprise. Thank God my Chiro who is a nutritionist had the sense to have me tested. He was the only one that listened to my symptoms.
I'm off to the Health Food store to see what I can substitute for cheese. Gotta have it!
Coco is going to the vet to see how his eye ulcers are doing. He is so funny. Smart as heck and twice as cute.
Have a happy Wednesday!

Susan, so sorry you have allergies to gluten and milk. Yikes. I hope you find a cheese substitute--like you, I would really miss it.

Joyce, I'm lifting your new business before the Lord in prayer.

Everyone, have a wonderful day! Hot here, but cooling off in another day or so, down to "autumnal", sigh...love it.

Ann, We have a true Autumn day here! Gray and cool and later, damp for the next couple days. I love it!
Susan, you are an angel loving Coco and your other special fuzzy kids. Sorry about your allergies Toots! Hope you find yummy stuff to replace what you have to give up!
Joyce, also sending prayers and loving thoughts your way.
Aly, maybe you should invest in some ear plugs? I'm deaf in one ear so just sleep on my good ear and can hear nothing. ;)

Love to you all!

Susan, before you buy too much soy, I remember reading somewhere that soy may not be good for PALS... may be wrong but don't overdo the soy. I love my cheese as well, even though I also am lactose intolerant... I still eat it, but ice cream can sometimes kill me!

Your right Helen, My chiro said that too. I'm going to see if there is a cheese made of rice milk. I know they make a rice dream ice cream which is good. Nina is lactose intolerant.
Coco update. Back from the vet's. Eyes are healing well. He is a silky, not a yorkie about 4 years old. They look the same to me. He is producing some tears so that's a plus.
Joyce, Sometimes a business takes a while to take off. Have faith!
Well friends, the laundry awaits! Bye for now:)

Susan, your good news about Coco makes me feel good! Give him and the rest and Nina a hug for me will ya? xoxo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back