Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Marta! How was your visit with the relatives?
Aly how cool! I wish I could go too! What fun you'll have. Boston is amazing! Feel free to stop off here to.

Hey, who else wants to come to Boston for the Springtime... er, Autumn?

Aly, I CAN'T WAIT to have you here, hope you're not allergic to my critters, two- and four-legged ones. Halloween in Salem, Mass... home of the Salem Witch Trials... a ferry out to Nantucket... teaching you how to drive on the right side of the road (vs. the "wrong" side?) :) I need to start charging up my scooter's batteries right now, so I can keep up with you.

Anyone else want to come, seriously it would be fun... :) And the accommodations may not be great, but they're priced right...

Ann, we're going to come knockin' at your door! Wish we could anyway... Ok ladies, how 'bout it, anyone want to drive/fly out and stay with us crazy tea-drinkin' ladies? I'll take you to Cape Cod too, but I can't guarantee that my brother won't toss you into the ocean. He's a jokester that one... I'm talking to you!

Visit with Sis (2 years younger than me) and my niece her daughter 27. We had a wonderful time. Serious talks about the future. My sis and two younger sisters live in Texas and want me to come down there when I need 24/7 care so they can take care of me. It makes sense to do that so I agreed. That's the plan. I talked to Brad about it this evening and he protested but not really. I think he can see that it makes sense. He can't do it alone. It's a load off my mind.

AND we went camping Friday in Rocky Mountain National Park and listened to the Elk dating all night long! It's a beautiful sound.

Rocky Mountain Elk Bugling - YouTube

Well, I guess Beautiful Sound is a matter of opinion. ;)

Wish I could head out that way Helen but we've got too much going on as it is. I'm going to Grand Rapids, Michigan in a couple weeks and the ALS Walk 9/25 in Fort Collins and a wedding next weekend and then Henderson Nevada for a wedding in October. Ca-razy!

Marta, I'm glad your sisters and you have this plan...but it is a heartbreaker. Big hugs.

Aly, you'll pull off any cupcake--you're a proven baker! It's wonderful you're coming to Helen's--Post, both of you, during your visit, and I'll enjoy being with you through this usually friendly laptop beast!

Love to all on this day!

Aly that's great about your visit with Helen! You two will have to take some pictures now. Marta I know that was a hard decision, but if they are willing, I think it would be good. Marta you are going to be one tired lady with all this running around:) Ann, Susan, Helen, and all have a great day!

Good morning everyone, rainy and windy here today, but very warm. Leaves are just starting to change, hopefully the wind doesn't blow them all off the trees.

Dana

I love Autumn. *sigh*

That's the one season I miss.
Dana where are you? upstate?
Have a great day all!

Hey Marta, beautiful Elk but that would have scared the pee out of me!

A couple years ago I almost got squashed by one that chased a female up the ridge right where I was filming them. It scared more than the pee out of me lemme tell ya! He didn't even see me. They only think about one thing at those times of the season. Just don't get in their way!

Last edited:
Susan

We are very upstate, right near the Canadian border. Beautiful area, wouldn't change where I live for anything.

Dana

I used to live in Michigan and know what you mean Dana. The colors and smells are beautiful!

Thanks Ann. I really am relieved to have this plan. We sisters are extremely intuitive with each other and I really think that's important especially given the possible scenarios. I feel good about it. Mom will be there too.

howdie from Alaska! Got my hot cup o chocolate mint mocha and bundled up warm an toasty on a cold autumn morning! Thought I would pop in before getting back to work. I like being my own boss, but its hard to know when to quit when there is so much to do!

I have a question for those who use a wheel chair. If you wear a dress, how do you keep your knees together? I will be going on a cruise and I will have to dress formal. I never noticed that I couldn't hold my legs together at the knees. I guess with pants on I never had too. But on the cruise I love to dress up since I don't get the chance to around here very often. I do not know how I am going to keep my knees together when wearing a cocktail dress. My legs have gotten too weak to stay crossed or to put my knees together for very long. Any suggestions?

Hi Joyce! A cruise! How fun! I think I'd tie a bathrobe belt around my legs to keep them together or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back