Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty, welcome. Love to hear you, sorry about you news. Some of the folks have heard me
talk of my grand mother.
She said it was good to be 96, cause she didn't have any peer pressure. :)

Also, this story I have not told. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at 89. She told the
doc, I am 89, what ever I have at this point in life, I am keeping. Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, she did have her check ups, but no opps, and no radiation for her.
I will add this. My doctor about hit the floor when I told him, my grand ma out grew
diabetes. She started taking a small pill at around 65, and at 75, she told the
doctor she didn't need that anymore.

Now, grandma was very disciplined, unlike me, she ate correctly and didn't abuse
her eating habits. I think that is one of the major differences in each new
generation. I am not lumping us all together, but with the fast paced life, the
food and what they may or may not be putting in it, fast food, etc. etc...

Wow, I better get off to church. You all have a very blessed Sunday,,

Betty , I'm so glad you and your daughter are visiting us for tea! My Mom just turned 84 this summer, and she gets around better than I do... AND I think she still has less gray hair than I would if I didn't color mine. She can't knit or braid her rugs anymore as she has benign essential tremors, and can barely write her name... my stepdad Al is wheelchair bound now, they met and got married about 8 years ago, and are happier than 2 pigs in you-know-what.

A couple of years ago, I gave my Mom and Al a game player called Nintendo Gameboy, and thought they'd never want to use it. My Mom loved it from the first, and it took Al about 6 months to try it, but now they're playing Solitaire, and other games on it all the time. If your daughter has kids with one of these systems, you might want to try it out, because my kids don't use it much now, but my Mom still does! I print out free Suduko games from the internet and always have a pencil and a few sheets of these folded up in my purse when I'm waiting in the car for one of the kids. Also like to do a couple before I go to sleep at night, though sometimes I'm just too darn tired to think!

I think Aly has some broken macaroons that she's sharing with us today, but sadly, all my chocolate chip banana bread is gone... 2 loaves in a day and a half! And Diane has some really good truffles, but don't eat to many of those either folks, save some for the rest of us!

Love to all on this 10th anniversary of 9/11, I'm sure we all remember exactly where we were on that awful day.

Helen

Hi Miss Betty. Greetings from sunny Florida. Sorry about your diagnosis but visit with us and you'll feel love and friendship.
My Dad is 86 years young and spends the winter with us down here. He has a grandpa room and does all the cooking and baking when he visits. I hope you come to our tea group often. Everyone here has been a lifesaver for me.
Coco update. He nipped Nina's friend yesterday. She put her face up to his and with his bad eyesight he nipped her lip. No damage but when I tell them stay away from the dog and they ignore me this is what happens. He never shows any aggression with us. We put in eyedrops an he never growls so go figure with this.
The girls had such a nice day at the water park. Bill and I just relaxed and let them go and have fun. He's at the Buc's game today. GO BUC'S!
Have a blessed day all!
Susan
Liz, we love you!

Yesterday's wedding went off without a hitch ! The bride was feeling better and even enjoyed the cake and ice cream that we served.

The newlyweds checked out today and the new couple comes in. They will be here for three nights. Tim tells me we have somebody here every day for the rest of September. That is a lot of breakfasts. :)

I can't remember if I told you but our dog has been missing for a few days. He arrived home yesterday and looks like he has been groomed.

The neighbor came down last evening to visit. It seems that Max, our dog, followed their dog, Roxy, through the doggy door and into their house a few days ago. They knew that Max was our dog and just figured that we were busy or I was sick and needed more care so they tood him in.

Now we decided to share him especially when Tim is busy with guests and needs a break. :) He slept here last night and will spend the day with us and possibly another night. Who knows how long he'll stay. I think they feed him better dog food then we do and they have a female dog who he is in love with so I'm not so sure now that he knows where their doggy door is how long he'll stay with me. I miss him when he's gone but I know he is being taken care of by good people. After all I never took them to a groomer!

Dianne, what sweet neighbors. Sharing him is certainly a good idea, but what if he moves out permanently? It might become a battle of the " best kept and fed doggy". Bet he gets chubby!

Glad the wedding went ok and the bride got over her nerves. We are in full wedding mode again here. I have got my dress and ordered my shoes from amazon. It's a garden wedding, so I have a very bright happy garden dress.

The macarons are just about finished. I have a cup cake perfecting day today, and will try macarons again in a couple of weeks, I still have 4 egg yolks to deal with. Omelet for lunch I think!

You all have a lovely Sunday as I get in to my Monday. I took 3 out of my 4 patients off the trial last week, so I can say I am pretty much unemployed.......sad. Looking for a new job now. There is one in Christchurch, but it's full time and I would have to leave home! There is a neurology job there as well, and Hubby said he would move if I wanted, but I can't do that. Christchurch had 3 large shakes at the weekend, so it's still risky and buying a house would be a nightmare!

Bye bye and happy munching.

Diane, What kind neighbors. He has a vacation home!
Aly, take some time off and enjoy yourself :)

Morning All,...Welcome Betty so glad you came for tea. You will enjoy this group of "nutty" people. Hope everone has a Wonderful day!....Coffee and macaroons sounds sooooo good right now...:)

Good evening everyone, Diane glad Max has a home away from home...lol I hope everyone has had a good weekend. the last few days have been so nice, just have enjoyed being out. I finished another painting, and I hate it...It is a picture of an angel, and I just cannot get the wings right. Got alot of houses this week, and I am trying to set the feeding tube back up for this friday. I Love all of yall!

Good night everyone. Sleep tight :)

Hey I am just having lunch! Pretty tired tho, might just join you lot and go to bed. Had to throw 2 complete trays of cupcakes away. The cup cake curse is back. I have to do another batch as I promised Sam he could take some to school for a shared lunch. I have decided to pay for the 125 cup cakes for Annas wedding. I just can't do it.

Sleep well sleepy heads

You can do it Aly! But if you don't want too, I don't blame you! Ok here is the ugly angel...

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 134
Joni it's beautiful! I do think you're being too hard on your little angel... maybe the wings aren't wide enough, if you make your angel shorter, you can make the wings appear longer? Lovely colors... I always look at reference pics when I get stuck. I used to paint, but haven't in years, as I work as a graphic designer now.

Your angel will turn out wonderfully!

Last edited:
Joni, I think she is lovely, and I especially like the wings. They look natural and part of her! Whoever here has seen an angel and know the size of their wings. An angels wings can never be anything but perfect.

Ok next crappy batch of cup cakes about to begin.SAMs still rolling around in laughter at the last lot. I need your angel to guide me joni
Aly

Last edited:
Joni, Get your tea, some of your favorite cookies, sit down and listen to this
beautiful song. Sarah, has nailed it. You have nailed it. I am not big on
angel sightings, but I am big on the fact that they are here. That's just me.

Angel means messenger. Keep bringing the message girl. :)

In arms of the Angel. Sarah

Sarah Mclaughlin - In the arms of an angel lyrics - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back