Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun is shining--wow--I had forgotten what daylight looked like! I realize excitement here is a tad different from normal, but not only is the sun shining; Phil also agreed not to hoist me, and just changed my diaper while I stayed in bed. It's the little things that count, right?

A truffle sounds great...

It sure is Ann, Love your spirit!

Oreo truffles all around -- we are hosting a wedding here today. The bride and groom arrived on motorcycles last evening. The mayor is coming this afternoon to marry them on our deck. Tim has gone out to pick up a wedding cake and we will have cake and coffee after they are married.

Unfortunately the bride didn't make it to breakfast this morning -- it seems that she has a nervous stomach and has spent the night in the bathroom! Sure hope she makes it to the wedding. :)

Ann, you are so right about the little things that count. Glad to see your post still has your sense of humor showing through.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/#

If this works (never tried a link back before), The Bride found in the "humor" section goes well with your bride, Diane!

The bride in my account is very happy, incidentally. :razz:

Post in moderation...To quote Aly, Yea.

Greetings from typhoon lagoon. The girls are having a blast. Hubby and I are taking a siesta. I just got an iced cappuchino and a cookie!

What a day! The sun is shining but I haven't even made my way downstairs yet1 I got up late and decided to clean out the bathroom and filled up a couple of bags of trash throwing away "stuff"... then had the boys move a storage bench, then moved a bookcase and books, then... well you get the idea. I'm so pooped I'm typing with 2 fingers lying down! Meanwhile the screen porch got cleared off and thr porch got washed with bleach... at least I think it was.

Taking a rest, then checking me email.

Food, food yum yum. French macaron day ( not kosher to say macaroon). Egg whites been on bench all night. Ready for a big flop!

Glad you ladies have a sunny Saturday. Our Sunday is a bit glum. An supposed to be dragging my overweight neighbor out for a walk. Bet she cancels ! It's going to rain, which my new garden is of need of. Actually sounds like the rain has come! Now she will definitely have an excuse not to come walking.

This week, special prayers for, Jonis ,Bruce ( ?peg), sequoia ( peg on 13th), Kimberley (? Getting discharged soon), Liz ( happy smile back)
And of course everyone else:) oh and of course the Allblacks winning the rugby world cup. Lol

Kiss hugs and all that stuff, to y'all

The local grocery has there annual fire roasted green chilie's for sale this week. Only problem is, I am the only one who eats them.

And special prayers to Liz, who is going through a rough time... don't know what it is, but saying a prayer for you girl!

Sadiemae, that just means more for you!

I don't think I've ever had french macaroons...

Diane, did the bride show up?

Just saw Stripes – the movie with Bill Murray with my sons... needless to say, I did NOT remember any of the nudity! Lucky for me, I could pass by some of it! Yikes! Pretty stupid movie, but there are a couple of parts I always remembered... "call me Francis, I'll kill you... touch my stuff, I'll kill you..." etc.

Just finished a cup of tea, now I'm going to be up for a while! Daughter is off camping with the Youth Group up in NH, so just the boys and myself (and their dad who hibernates either on my front porch couch or up in his room)... but I think I still have a piece of Hershey Pie from BK, so I think I'll add to my calorie count for the day.

Hope everyone is well tonight...

Helen

Thank you Helen for your post on Pen Friends -Veraan-my name is Betty and I am 94 and I was diagnosed in July this year. I do my best, in fact a little better because my only daughter looks after me with meals and shopping. I have a granny room in her house. My left arm is getting stiff and am unable to do crochet but enjoy crosswords and reading. I really enjoyed Jeffrey Archer's book about climbing Mt Everest- forgotten what it was called as it has been returned to the library.....all the best.....Betty]

Hi Betty, welcome to our little group of nutters:). I read the Jeffrey Archer book as well. It was fantastic, Paths of Glory I think it was called. It was not very popular here in New Zealand, as it was always believed that Sir Edmund Hilary and Sherpa Tensing made it to the top of Mt Everst first. In fact there has never been any evidence to point to someone else, but Jeffrey Archer does not agree! It was a great novel. I love all his books.

USA has just played Ireland in the world cup. Great that they played there first game on 9/11. The team went to a special memorial service this morning, where a US marine band from Hawaii, played and marched. It was attended by local fire service. It showed many of the USA rugby team moved to tears. I wish I knew if they won, but I have a feeling they would have lost to Ireland. USA is not exactly good at rugby!

Sleep well everyone.......my macarons cracked but were really yummy. Better luck with the next batch. They are delicate almond meringue biscuits, the holy Grail of bakers.

What a beautiful Sunday Morning. The smell of coffee (tea) is wonderful. Missed all the

conversation, but have a good movie to recommend. 5th Quarter! True story about

a family and a tragic event, but, their is victory in the details. It is a real tear jerker,

so don't watch it if you are already having a down day. True story, opportunity in

the midst of crisis. It has me thinking, maybe we will start another thread on movies.

For now, would somebody put some more snacks on the plates They were so good

they are gone. :)

Aly,

I think the next couple of generations of people will produce a better rugby team.

We, as you know didn't even watch it, let alone play it years ago. So, I hope you

win, cause you know we are gonna get better.

Maybe we could buy your players with money we don't have. :)

Will see.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back