Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen,

The chocolate chip banana bread sounds delicious, can I get the recipe? My dad and husband would love it, and of course I would too. Sounds like you had a nice day at your house with all of the cooking going on. I wished you lived a little closer, we could have a nice fall day together cooking.

Dana

Of course I'll share the recipe... I'll type it up and attach it so anyone who wants it can just copy it off... its my favorite recipe and I checked out a few. That would be fun to sit around the kitchen cooking up stuff, but I'd probably be another 100 lbs. heavier! Do you use a crock pot at all? I love putting in pork with seasonings and bbq sauce, and just let it slow cook all day long... add brown beans toward the end, good crusty bread and it's heavenly, especially on those cold fall/winter days. I'm NOT ready for another winter yet, last year's was way too much snow!

The sun is OUT today! First time since Monday that I didn't wake up to a dark rainy day... bet my basement smells really good now, will have to open the door and air it out a bit.

Hope everyone is having a sunny day today!

I love using a crock pot, I just made BBQ pork last weekend for raceday. I also love using stew meat, mushrooms and gravy and let that cook all day and serve it over noodles. It looks like we are going to have a beautiful weekend, some sunshine would be nice.

Dana

Here's the banana bread recipe, I've made it a pdf so anyone can print it. When my kids were younger, they all chose this recipe to include in their class recipe book for Thanksgiving... even though it's not a typical Thanksgiving dessert. We love it at breakfast, can toast it or eat it cold. Now I have to go see if we have any left from last night!

I find it easiest to make double batches, using my stand mixer.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Banana Bread Recipe2011.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 314
Question of the day: Can we establish Oreo's as a food group?:p

I don't see why not !

Dana

I have a recipe to share in the Oreo food group and boy is it yummy!

One package of Oreos crushed
. One package of 8 ounce cream cheese soften
Mix the crushed Oreos with the cream cheese
roll into balls the size of a walnut and chill.
Dip the rolled balls into melted candy chocolate and chill
, be sure that you cover up the balls completely in the candy chocolate

These are called Oreo Truffles and my guess get them on their pillows each night of their stay. They love them. In fact, next to the Coconut Toast, it is the most ask for recipe. :)

These keep well in either of their refrigerator or freezer. Makes approximately 48 servings

Diane, you are absolutely evil to post that recipe! Oh my goodness I'm going to try that this year for the kids to make at Christmas... Is there a a difference between candy chocolate and semisweet morsels? Do you wrap them in foil or plastic wrap?

My daughter made truffles last year at Christmas for her friends and grandparents, but these sound even better.

I just kicked myself off the site while writing about your heavenly sounding recipes...and cannot recapture the angst and drama. The control pad in the center of my laptop is sort of like having a lip zipper.

But, this one thing I'll repeat: Glad we moved off of poop and pets and onto food. Dana, your crockpot and also Helen's are things Phil will want to try. He has no love of sweets, so I'm saved from myself.

Morning All, I was just gonna have coffee as usual for breakfast, but you all have made me so hungry with all the good food talk, my tummy is now growling at me so off to fix up some real food for breakfast...:)

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day with lots of smiles...:)....:).....:).....:)..!

Thanks for the recipes also. ((Hugs))

Hi all, ever heard the saying what goes up must come crashing down.......will say no more.

Has anyone tried French macarons. I am really keen on making these delicious morsels. They are very hard to make apparently. I am not a very goon baker, but I just must give it a go. I have read several different books and ordered a book as well. All the recipes and how to get them just right, stories are different!

Dianne I am going to try the Oreo truffles. They sound fantastic.

Anna is having a cup cake tower for her wedding instead of a standard cake.....125 cupcakes, made and iced by me. You all know I can't bake. I tried 4 recipes so far and none are quite right. I will keep trying until in 3 months they are perfect.

It's a lovely sunny Saturday. I am on the treadmill, shower then in to the day.

Love aly

Now we're talking! Food! Thanks for the recipes. I will try them :) Please post those macaroons Aly!
I have a simple crockpot one . Boneless, skinless chix thighs and a bottle of wing sauce. It's just like eating a hot wing without the bones.
Today I was in the supermarket and bought "New Zealand Spring" Cascade dishwashing tabs in honor of Aly.
Dog update. Toto is now Cocopuff. You know what that means. I now have 3 dogs. Lord give me strength.
Off to Chili's for dinner with the in laws.

Ha ha Susan, was there really any doubt that you had 3 dogs now. Lol
We had the opening ceremony of the rugby world cup last night. It was amazing, what they can do with computers is truly amazing. The opening game was great as well. This whole country is in celebration mode. Fun

Delightful coffee company here! Diane, may I have one of your oreo truffles with this morning's coffee?

Ok I have a sweet tooth and yall are killing me...lol Watching ballgames today, so ROLL TIDE, and everyone have a good day or try:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back