Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning faithful tea friends. Almost said "tea partiers' but didn't want to open that political can of worms. :)

Hope all is well with you today. We are hanging in there. It appears the summer will go out with a bang here in Roseville - gonna be 98 today.

Love and light to all! thinking of you today and always
Meg

p.s. Go Giants!

Good morning and it is a good morning in the hills of South Dakota! The sun is out and the fall flowers are blooming while the Aspen trees are beginning to turn a beautiful gold. Now, having grown up in Pennsylvania, where fall foliage is multicolored and beautiful, I know that getting excited over one color is perhaps overdoing it a bit. But when the Aspen and cottonwoods, both turn the same color and are the only trees to turn color one has to make the most of it. Both of these turn golden in color and when the sun shines on them they glisten and sparkle among the hillsides filled with pine.

Helen, I think that I've lost the house deal that I had on the hook. Oh well, what will be will be! I've listed the property with a realtor so who knows she may have better luck than I did.

Joni, on that housekeeper, she did iron my sweat pants! Now, I used to like ironing, I always considered it my "think time", but I never ironed anything I didn't have to after I left home. When I was living at home my mother had me iron pajamas, nightgowns, slips, my dad's T-shirts and our bras. That came to a halt when I went away to college and my roommates laughed at me for ironing my bras and my pajamas. :)

Ann, I don't have a garden but my kitchen window sill is filled with zucchini squash that friends and neighbors have brought in. Kathy made 15 loaves chocolate zucchini breads for in the freezer and there are still six zucchini on the windowsill. I think we will be eating zucchini until spring.

Enough chatter for now, I think that I need to respond to some PM's and maybe I will try and do some journaling which I have been ignoring.

Everybody have a good day and I will keep you all in my prayers and give thanks for your friendships and company here. Love you each and every one.

Dana, you definitely get more snow than we do! I'm about 25 miles west of Boston, and we get more snow than the coast does, but not as much as western Mass and upstate NY do. Funny thing is, 3 of my neighbors grew up in Buffalo, NY, and met on my street (they were different age brackets as well). I don't do much outside sports, used to ski waaayy back when, and last time I went ice skating I broke my arm (don't ask). My sons do downhill ski, and they do cross country skiing in freshman year in our high school, so I guess my older son will be skiing more this year. They also go camping in NY in January for their "Klondike" trip!

Ok Diane how in the world would you iron a bra?lol Meg whew glad our temp has dropped some.Hey Helen and all!

Hi Everone!, Nice morning here, rainy, but that will change quickly. You all sound good this am....... Diane I love zucchini bread, when I had a garden I had to find a million ways to use it , it grows so good there is plenty for everything.....When I started useing my manuel chair I took off my AFO as it wasnt gonna help there, felt so good to rid myself of it....I never iron anymore, dont buy anthing needing it and if it does I just hang it up for a few hours and humidity takes out all the wrinkles...:)

Hoping you all have a WONDERFUL DAY!...(((HUGS)))

Growing up with Italian parents, Zucchini is a staple. I still make it 2x a week.
My mom used to iron everything too. Sheets, socks, you name it.
Helen, My Mom broke her arm ice skating too. I kept telling her she was going to break a hip skating. At 72 she went skating with my cousin. She hit a rough patch and went down. As she is falling she puts her arm under her hip because she heard my voice saying I told you so. She ended up breaking 2 bones in her wrist. My Dad threw out her skates the next day.
Diane, It sounds so beautiful up there. I miss fall. We don't have anything like it in FL.
Have a good evening everyone!

Helen,

I used to love to ice skate back when I was a teenager, but now I don't like the cold. I guess I have learned I am much more comfortable in the winter sitting by the pellet stove with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa (yes of course with marsmallows). Susan I am sorry you can't enjoy fall where you are, I will try to post some pictures of the leaves. I will have to have my husband Rob do it, it would take me about 2 days to try to figure out how to get them on here. It wil take him about 2 minutes. Sending out hugs and kisses to all of you. Thank you Helen for inviting to come for tea, I really enjoy it here.

Dana

Thanks Dana! My daughter has never seen changing leaves or snow. We might take a trip up to Atlanta if they have any snow fall this year.
Cleaning day at the Ferguson house. The dust bunnies are back. I wish I can neuter them, they just keep multiplying.
Toto update: He ended up sleeping with Nina last night. After she went to bed, he whimpered, ran to her room and jumped on her bed. How he jumped that high I don't know. He is so teeny.
His eyes look good. The hole is healing on the cornea. Bless his little heart.
Have a great day all!

Good morning everybody! I'll be gone for a few days. Sis and niece are here! Yay!

Love to all,

Marta

Susan, sounds like Nina has a new pet, that's good that his eyes are healing so well. If you want to see REAL ice and snow (or leaves changing color), you have to come up here in New England to visit! And then there's the Vermont maple syrup...

Marta, enjoy your time with your sister and niece!

Dana, welcome to our tea party! Hope you can handle the poop talk we always end up reverting to... Bet its gorgeous in the fall where you are too. I honestly don't like the cold all that much anymore, but I like the intense heat even less. Rather put on a sweater than figure out how to cool off I guess.

Diane, too bad about the potential buyer not working out... wasn't meant to be is what I keep telling myself, but I don't understand why my house hasn't sold either... everyone is afraid of older homes is part of it I guess.

Meg, Joni, Ann, Aly, Diane/Kauai, Kim, Avril, Liz, and everyone else whom I just missed... going to have a second cup of tea and maybe even make some chocolate chip banana bread if I get inspired.

Moring Ladies and Gents, (Iknow you are lurking out there..heheh), Welcome Dana so good to have you for tea, although I do prefer coffee, Diane so happy you got a good nights sleep, Have a goodtime Marta with you relatives, Helen you can send me some of that banana chocolate chip bread you are making, I'll pay..:), Susan so happy little doggie is getting better, might have a problem separating toto and your daughter now....Ann always nice to see your smiling face here.

It is going to be very warm here today, time to break out the kiddie pool. Hope everbodies day goes well and you all get a chance to Laugh and Smile..((Hugs))

Wish I could send you some of the banana bread, but it usually gets attacked by hordes of children before it's cooled off! I can send you the recipe, one I found by looking at a lot of different recipes! It came from a Lexington, Mass. Church cookbook or something like that!

Aly, are you on a honeymoon? Been missing you. :)

Marta have fun with family. Susan, Toto says he's in Kansas and loves zucchini...and Nina. Awwww.

Too much typing yesterday with weakening fingers, today has to be quiet...but I do want to say hello. And Helen, the bread sounds lucious!

Oh Helen, I would love the reciepe but I do not have an oven or burner at this time. But hey I was concieved in Lexington, Mass but wasnt born till my parents reached California, I have relatives back there but dont know any of them as I havent been there since 1963. It is sad. My brother and sister where born there. You brought back memories for me, thanks...hmmm wondering if I can find any of my relatives there. next project for me...:)

Hi Ann~~~~waves~~~~

Lexington is a rich little town, you might want to look up those long-lost relatives! Not to mention the start of the Revolutionary War...

Two choc chip banana bread loafs in the oven, supper sitting on the stove waiting for the burners to be turned on... I feel so domesticated today! The kids are all salivating over the banana bread, haven't made it in probably 6 months. I had some bananas in the fridge to keep them away from all the nasty little fruit flies that come right through the screens, and they get grotesque. Last batch I mushed up and stuck in the freezer, and then had to throw away when we lost power for so long.

Rain has FINALLY stopped for a while today, it poured most of the morning 'til early afternoon. Very depressing.

What's even more depressing is my neighbors are having another Open House and THEY get people to come... I'm having another one on the 24th, someone better come if I have to clean up this joint!

Love to all, some of you are being awfully quiet! Hope you're out having some fun... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back