Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heehee! Joni, your household is full of energy, life, joy and dog flatulance. In other words, you crack me up! :lol:

Aly, wow, I am so, so happy for you! It's beyond anything I can say, knowing your husband has been 180'd and is able to express what I am sure he felt before--that he loves you deeply.

Joni, you make me laugh..."the dogs, not me".

Marta, I had the El Cheapo Leg Splints, which were ridiculously overpriced plastic with a velcro strap. They helped my toes lift when I wore shoes...when I left the house. I soon added a cane/walking stick for balance. Others here have had much more deluxe splints and apparently been helped by theirs more than was by mine. I wore a pair of Born MaryJanes when out of the house, except when in the yard--but shoes that open out and are velcroed or have straps, and which are deep and roomy are needed.

A note: If I fell in the splints w/shoes, all had to be removed before I could get back up. I was barefoot or wore socks only, when inside.

I have a "blue rocker" toe off leg brace and it has kept me mobile now for over a year. Without it I would fall often. I am starting to loose muscle in my other leg and my clinic wants me to get another brace for the other leg. It will help me stay mobile....not hiking, just staying up on 2 feet and being able to walk around the room safely....lol... My insurance covers it, and I think Medicare will also.

Hi everyone,
I should have said I love all animals. Never met one I didn't get along with. I love my Malti kids but I really love cats. I had for cats, 3 lived to 20 one died at 14.
Joni, Nobody beats Taylor in the gas department. That Maltese can clear out a room. We call him he "green cloud"
Aly, good to see hubby home. I bet he missed you bunches.
Found a good Yorkie rescue and a vet that does rescues. Nina is shooting me with dagger eyes. He has to go to a perfect home. He's a lap dog who wants to be next to you at all times.
Good night all. Sleep well.
Love,
Susan

Aly, I'm so happy that your hubby is THERE for you like he is... guess it's true about the absence makes the heart grow fonder? Who cares why, just enjoy it!

I have to tell you though, Boston in November can be very rainy and dreary... and gray. NOT the best time of year for this area, I hate November, except for Thanksgiving. Of course, we have Plimoth Plantation here, so you could come and visit the home of the Pilgrims! At least the rebuilt village and the actors who play the Pilgrims. You know you're welcome to come anytime you wish, but I'd either come earlier or if you like skiing, wait until winter and go up north to the mountains.

Marta, was it you that posted about the leg brace? I did post an answer, not sure if it was on this thread or not now! I do have one, and like Ann, do not wear it around the house. I think it helps my weaker leg at times, but if the knee goes (the ankle won't as it's supported in the brace), down I go... and I have to unstrap it to get back up. PM me if you want more info.

Second day of crappy rain here, why can't we send it over to the folks in Texas who are dealing with drought and horrible fires? Lush and green here, rather have a little more sun at the end of summer though.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I am with Helen, I will gladly give this rain to anyone if they want it. Any takers ? I won't charge a lot.

Dana

Dana, just sent you a visitor message, good to see you here again! How far is Chateaugay from Boston?

We are about 5 hours away, we are about 15 minutes away from the Canadian Border.
Very upstate NY.

Dana

Hi Dana and everybody! They could use some rain in Texas! They're really been struggling with draught and terrible fires they're just starting to make progress in fighting. It's raining here at the moment but I like it. What a difference a few thousand miles makes!

Check Dana out on Barry's map! She's got to be in a gorgeous place, although snowy!

Our water tables are still low, even after Irene sent us 10 or so inches. There have been a lot of deep drought years, along with a rising population using wells.

Right, Marta...send Texas the rain! Fires are awful.

We get the best of all the seasons, although sometimes winter cuts into spring and fall.
I love it here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Dana

What do you like to do in your long winters, Dana? Do you cross country ski?

I'm not much for being outside in cold weather. I love to watch TV,( big football fan and Nascar fan), reading on my Kindle, cooking especially soups in the winter, and having football, nascar and card parties. Soon I will be carving pumpkins and trying to figure out a halloween costume.

Dana

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi. The errands from a rainy yesterday are being run today.
Toto had a good night. He made it through until 6 without a potty problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back