Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the MDA Telethon on tv, but where's Jerry? Now that we're Jerry's Kids, I want him back! :)

Joni thanks for the photo. What a lovely couple:)

So, as you all know we have a very spoiled dog, Sadie Mae. The making of chicken jerky has now become a twice monthly event. The kids are getting jealous, as I do not make jerky for them. Anyway, as Sadie has to have treats every time Dad eats, or we leave to go out, she is a bit overweight(like me now!) I have found a wonderful treat she just loves...CARROTS! Foe Allyson's birthday, she wanted chicken wings, and they came with carrots and celery. Sadie wouldn't touch the celery, but loved the carrots!

http://www.ehow.com/about_6550516_dog-diet-carrots.html

Watching the MDA Telethon on tv, but where's Jerry? Now that we're Jerry's Kids, I want him back! :)

We're Rodney's (as in H. Rodney Howell, M.D, chairman of the MDA Board of Directors) Orphans now.

A couple of brief points.

• There were two five-minute "tributes to Jerry Lewis, at the beginning and the end of the show.
  • No telethon fundraising totals were announced at any time during the national portion of the show.

The Twitter response to this year's telethon has been very entertaining to watch. Go to the Twitter website and search for #MDATelethon.

Wow...wish the cats would eat carrots. One of Mom's favorite things to do is to give the cats treats. In the am they all (3 of them) line up in the living room and wait for her. Cute and funny and very entertaining but...they have all gained so much weight. I try telling her she needs to limit it to just 2 or 3 per cat only once a day but.....yes, everyone in our house has gained weight since Mom has moved in with us, except of course Mom!

My dog has always loved carrots, they have a lot of sugar in them... I've been feeding them to her since she was a pup. She eats most vegetables that I give her except lettuce. And I won't give her anything like beans or broccoli...:( They love peanut butter too, I've made dog treats for her once in a while. But usually she wants what we have!

I read somewhere that you should never give a dog onions, macadamia nuts, or chocolate as they can make them sick/kill them.

Hi all!
It's not the same without Jerry :( They said they made 2 million more than last year and cut the telethon down to 6 hours.
Felicity loves carrots. Too many give her the runs.
Update on Toto. He's a little gentleman. Well behave, polite and house broken. His eyes look better today. They are open now. I have to find the perfect home for him. Someone who would pamper and cuddle him.
Anyone up for a cute Yorkie? I'll meet you halfway :)

Our calendar looks like September is a busy month for guests. Right now we have three delightful couples from England. They brought Tim a crest of his family name of Howell and we spent a long time last evening talking and joking with them. Two of the couples had been here two years ago and it is always a delight to welcome back repeat guests.

The weather here is beginning to feel a bit like fall. Warm days with sunshine and cool nights that makes snuggling under the covers the perfect thing to do. :) Tim thinks it is time for us to begin planning a fall trip perhaps to Vegas and another show and then to Phoenix for another NASCAR race. Here I thought seeing one in a lifetime was enough -- guess, I was wrong. :)

Oh by the way I haven't taken out any doorframes in the past two days. I guess I am getting the hang of this power chair. It seems the more I use it the weaker my legs get -- last evening Tim was helping me to the dinner table which only meant a few steps and I fell and he couldn't get me up. He brought out till for your end it's still didn't make a difference so finally we called a friend and he came in and helped. I'm now sure that I need to rely on wheels full time.

Hope everybody has a great day and that you giggle a lot and are blessed with good care.

Last edited:
Ok Susan, I will have Toto and meet you in .........Hawaii maybe! The 6 months quarantine costs about $2000, but you will manage that I am sure :). Oh and my husband will chuck me out, but I will just move me, 3 dogs, 3 cats and my old horse to the beach house! The blind dog could live with my blind horse, it would be interesting.

Hubby is on a plane bound for home. I will leave for Auckland, when I get out of bed! I an going to spend the day shopping....no surprises there. Then stay overnight at an airport hotel, as his plane gets in to Auckland at 5.30 am. I was not going to drive up at 3 am. Too old for that.

Dianne, sounds like you can get your drivers liscense at last.

It's dark out, but I think it was going to be a fine day out. It will be a nice day for a drive.
Good day to you all
Aly

Diane, I am sorry you suffered another fall. Pooh. The chair driving improvement means your brain has been active, learning something new. That's always a happy thought--for my brain, not yours, of course.

Susan, you are a good woman, taking care of such a sick, miserable yorkie, Toto! Our last dog was nearly blind as well as deaf. It was dangerous for her (under 12 pounds), but she clung to me like velcro. I never fell on her, but when she brushed by my leg, I fell.

The dogs around here, as well as the chickens, like to eat tomatoes. I don't remember giving them carrots--the ones we grew tasted awful for some reason. Butternut squash has been harvested, and Phil roasted it with thyme and rosemary last night. 29 squash left, and they keep great in the pantry. The man finds cooking what he grew himself lots more interesting than I'd have thought possible.

Diane honey I am sorry,but please be safe...I need to see if sassy and Bama would eat carrots.. Rainy day, have not got out of the pj's today.Put some pictures of the birthday party if anyone wants to look:)

Hi everbody!
Rained most of the night here, looked at my little doggie, Mia, a border collie, hardley recognized her. I need to rename her Mudball!..she usually gets out of rain and in her house but not today, she is having fun rolling in the mud...ahgggg....looks like bath time and gate up to keep her out of mud till it dries up. Silly dog. Will employ one of the grandkids to do the bathing, she hates baths, they are in for a treat...not!

Had a good time getting out with family yesterday to the beach. Now will rest up for a few days and hopefully get to do it again soon. I feel so bad all the trouble I cause them with me in my wheelchair, but SIL did a great job getting me close to the water thru the sand. Good thing he works out daily....:)

Diane sorry to hear about your fall again, be careful hon, glad you are ok.

Aly and Susan see ya in Hawaii, quarentine is now only 3 months now, see ya here...:)

Thanks for the heads up on the carrots for dogs, she loves to chew, that should keep her busy for awhile...:)

(((HUGS)))

Well, left the little bugger to go to the mall. He pooped and peed because he felt abandoned I assume. I'll cut him some slack. As I'm cleaning his mess up, Felicity pees and Nina's friend steps in it.
I have Joni beat here on the poop front.

Diane mine are nasty too, but no baths for them tonight, instead I plan on soaking in the tub with a good book. Susan hehe I feel for you honey. Ok who is really going to Hawaii? I wanna go too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back