Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ladies, Nina just called from my SIL. She went to see my nephew who is home from his chemo. They found a dog (Yorkie) injured on the side of the road. Wish me luck. I think God is testing me :)

Ziti with ridges is called Ziti Rigati. My favorite pasti is gemelli (short twists) or Fusilli (long corkscrews).
My Dad used to make homemade pasta and ravioli. It's heavenly.

Marta wanna here about nuts...today I was talking on my phone out around the pool, I ask one of my friends to go see if she seen Bama, she said isn't that him in your lap? DUH. I swear my mind is really going.

It is so good to be back home....I finally caught up on all these posts....I think we could make a vaudville show and hit the road....lol....
I hit the "like" button with wild abandonment.....its like sending a kiss to the person....tells them that you are lstening and really heard what they had to say...but my other problem is that by the time I read 12 or more posts, I forgot all the comments I wanted to say...
so I am a little dingy from the tiny airplane ride back home. I will just say I enjoy ALL of you and keep you covered with prayers. I am starting to have a little notebook so when I scroll thru post I can write down what to pray for....love you ALL!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Joni, how funny! That sounds like something I'd do and that's a fact. We just have too much on our minds with all this.

CSU football has started this weekend too. I'm more a baseball fan and ice hockey fan but do enjoy watching all sports.

Welcome home Sharon! Got any good stories from your trip? Yes, it's nice to see your and everyone's "kisses". It does feel good. :)

Hi All, glad to hear from people, it's pretty quiet here, just my middle kid and me... and he's sulking 'cause he's bored! Too bad, sent him to his room...

Joni, it's because Bama is so used to being on your lap that you don't even notice him there anymore! Although I'd certainly notice if my dog Moka sat on my lap, she's as tall as me when she jumps up! And sheds ALOT!

Marta, 2 of my neighbors have a freshman and sophmore respectively at Univ of CO at Boulder... I've never been to CO myself, though I'd love to someday when I'm rich and famous 'cause I was cured! :) Hey, dreams are free, right?

So it it's in the 80's and not much sun, but lots of humidity today... doing some laundry now that sulky boy finally brought the overflowing laundry basket I got together this morning down to the laundry room. Which thankfully, is no longer in the basement as of last year! I'm thinking of turning that room into a large bathroom/shower for me and the heck with having the pantry! I need to sell this house at a decent price, which isn't happening right now.

I watched a little of the Red Sox game last night, just in time to see them load up the bases and hit a grand slam! Cool, usually when I watch they don't do very well. They got 8 runs in the 3rd inning, and I think went through 3 pitchers in that inning. I think they were playing the Texas Rangers.

Can't decide what to do, I feel like getting the house clean, but don't feel like it! Hope everyone is having a good Sunday/Monday!

Susan, what's the news on the little rescued dog? Just warning you, I am the proud "grandmother" of a little sparrow who is way to friendly to now let go! :)

Just came back from an ice cream sundae, yum!

Oh yes, Helen I forgot about your little feathered baby! How she/he doing? Thinks your Mom right?

It really does... .and I say "it" because although I think it's a girl, my daughter thinks its a boy... and since I cannot seem to remember the name she gave it, I drive her crazy and call it "Pip", short for Pipsqueak. We let it fly around our screen porch, and my son took a picture yesterday of it sitting on top of our turtle. I'm afraid the turtle is going to try to eat it! But since it poops everywhere and is hard to get back into its cage at night, I don't let it out all the time... especially since it won't leave you alone if you're in there too. It's the cutest little thing. He like to peck at your fingers and toes, and lands on your shoulder. If we're inside watching tv, he's like a hummingbird outside our window fluttering around trying to get our attention.

I'd like to let it go over at my Mom's house, as she has bird feeders and a geriatric cat... I don't feed the birds anymore because our cat kept getting them. But I'm afraid it is too people-friendly at this point. If we do keep it, I'll need to get a larger cage, or get a smaller cage for the parakeet, the cage he's in is too big for him. I can't put them in the same cage for their own safety from each other.

Yorkie news. Took "Toto" to the vet. Ulcerated corneas complete with holes, dry eye, no tears at all, heart murmur probably from the anemia, tapeworms. We were up to 1 am trying to get thousands of fleas off a 4 pound dog. He was being eaten alive. I have never seen anything like it. Luckily I had Dawn detergent and white vinegar which killed most. I dried him and applied Revolution. This AM hundreds of dead fleas on his blanket. The vet gave me a pill to finish the rest off.
The vet said his eyes could run into the thousands of dollars. They are one of the worst cases he has seen.
He escaped from a backyard breeder. We found the house and are going to nail them to the wall. What a pigsty dump. I'm so pissed.
Did I mention he is grossly malnourished? Skin and bones. He has a great appetite.
The vet cut me a break and charged me $147 for the 5 meds and visit. He needs eyedrops every 2 hours round the clock.
He is so cute and sweet as the day is long.
How is everyone's day going?

You are such a sweetie looking after the poor little dog. People can be so cruel.
An update on Happy Feet. He was released in the ocean a few hundred miles from Antarctica. He did not want to leave the ship, so his resident vet had to give him a shove. He has a gps attached that will stay attached until he molts his feathers in about a years time. Bad news is he turned around and is heading back to NZ, or as was suggested, the gps could be in a sharks stomach, argggh after what he cost the tax payer, I hope not!
Amazing day here again. Sunshine and daffodils. Sam has the day off school so we are going for a walk along. The river and grab some lunch in town.
Stay well everyone

Susan, that just breaks my heart and makes me so angry! How can anyone think so little of a loving sentient being as to let them live in conditions like that? I think people like that should be treated like they treat these poor animals! Please do press charges or whatever you have to do to help any poor beasts he has. Kiss the pup you have for me will you? Are you going to keep him?

I bought a poodle yrs ago from a breeder,he was about 4 yrs old. The dog had serious personality issues. be sure and post the newspaper article when they bust the puppy mil I know here in Reno, when that happens, it always makes the papers!1

The people that breed dogs, well where we got Bama it was filthy..Took us a week to get his ears cleaned out..he had been out in a pen with about 10 other dogs. House was disgusting! Susan bless you!
Aly this is an Alabama girl and her sweet hubby..

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Joni, You two looks so great together!
Aly, Happy Feet was on the news tonight in Fl.
Toto is feeling better. Nina is getting attached. We're telling her don't. We now have 3 blind dogs in the house. I renamed our house The Helen Keller Home for rescued dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back