Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I use Like as an agreement to what is said.

Good morning you productive bunch.

Beautiful mind was great. I went and saw Crazy, stupid, love on Friday ( during the day, on my own, what a loser), with Steve Carol? Playing a seriouscpart for once. He was very good, not a bad movie. While there I saw the trailer for help and thought it looked great. It starts here in a couple of weeks. Now personally I adore Ewan McGregors smooth voice.

I have been in contact with Lindsay, Kimberlys daughter. She has requested that we continue praying for her Mum. Kimberley is still sick in hospital, she remains in ICU with blood clots in her legs and has been diagnosed with ALS. Please pray for her to get better so she can get back home with her family and that they find a new wheelchair that suits her needs.

I know I speak for all of us here, when I say how much we love you Kimberley and miss you here tremendously. We are so sorry for all that you are going through, and hold you and your family up to God. Love and hugs. I am sure Linsay will pass on our words.

Have a safe day everyone.
Aly

I have to more than "like" your post, Aly! Hello and love to Kimberly! We love you dearly. Lindsay, we love you too--before this, you were your mother's hands with which to type, so a kiss for each of you.

As for Beautiful Mind, great movie. I saw Gladiator just last week--had forgotten the ending. I read "The Help", but will wait for Netflix to have the movie to send.

Earlier today I posted without realizing I hadn't read the last page...so while I was thinking food, you all were discussing Russell Crowe.

Lindsay and Kimberly, hugs and love! To everyone else the same.

Crazy bunch of folks here, keeps my spirits up when I am down. Thanks Jim I'll take a an Iced tea as it is so hot this morning, Thanks!

Hope everyone is hanging in there ok. Arm and arm we go, wobbling down the street. It would be nice to have a group vacation we would all have so much fun! But I fear I would laugh so hard and end up with spasms everwhere..:) Would be so worth it!

Hope you have a or had a good day! ((((HUGS))) to All

Kimberley we will pray for you and your family. She has been through so much.

Kimberly and her loving family continue to be in my prayers. I miss her very much.

Lunch was great. Turkey and ham paninis, fresh snow peas and broccoli, good coffee. Brad left after eating and she and I talked and talked and I worked on cleaning up her computer of bookmarks and stuff she wanted to get rid of.

It's in the 70s here today and spectacular! I hope everyone is having a good day!

Love ya!

Italian 101. Panini is "little sandwich" Glad you had fun!

ok....6 pages read and I finally caught up!

Prayers going out for Kimberly. She is missed and loved!

You all have been quite the chatter boxes and it was fun reading the posts. Thanks for thinking of me Helen! I have been busy, too much so. Its less than 50 days before I go on my big trip and so much more to do to make sure we have some income when we come back. Prayers are needed that my strength holds out. Its getting hard to sit up at the computer for long periods, but that is where this business is run.

I would very much like to get a robot vaccuum too, because our wall one has a plug in it and after 6 months its still not fixed. The 'back up' vaccuum, is noisy hard to push for me and the '2 legged drive' on it is hard to find amongst all 2 leggers around here that disappear when I call out for them to vaccuum. Unfortunately I didn't get a warranty with them when I birthed them!

I have pizzas in the oven baking at the moment and John is getting ready to go out to referee a soccer game. Its overcast and cold, the leaves are changing color. Definately a autumn day! My body hurts to all get out and I am having a hard time walking across the floor because my legs are so weak. Now I am wondering if getting on a camel in Egypt will be a good idea after all? But if I have to get my bucket list checked off...I guess I will make due like always!

Have a good one ladies and gents....till next time!

Glad to hear from you Joyce. Sorry you are so worn out, but having your expedition to look forward to must help.I rode a camel in Noosa once. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done. The saddle things are he'll, and I am a horse rider so pretty tough backside. I will recommend that you do a very short ride. Don't do a long trek over hours.......just a friendly warning.

Got to go pick Sam up from his overnight birthday party, it's an awesome spring day, just got back from a nice long walk talking to friendly cows and watching happy lambs.....heaven on earth indeed. Just love spring!

Sounds exciting Joyce! Just let the camel do all the work. And the camel driver. Yup, they don't give out warranties with kids unfortunatily! LOLOL! You're a crackup!

So Joyce has autumn, Alay has Spring, we still have summer, anybody got any winter going on?

Hey Joyce! Missed you here. I miss Liz too.
My dad made baked Ziti tonight so i am stuffed. He'll be back in November so I'm head chef until then.
Good night everyone, sleep tight!

Ok another question, what's ziti?

It's pasta Aly Pie! Sort of like a elbow macaroni's Big Brother.

There are different types of baked ziti, but my favorite recipe is basically lasagna, but using the ziti noodles and layered with 3 different cheeses (ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan), Ziti noodles look like a bigger, straight version of macaroni, some of them have ridges. I also like italian sausage or meatballs in it as well, and bake it in the oven. Great winter meal, especially with a loaf of fresh bread. Aly, if you want, I'll send you the recipe, though I bet Susan has a better one (mine came out of a magazine)

Joyce, so glad to see you back! My son had the greatest idea with my kenmore vacuum when the hose got plugged, and no amount of wiggling and jiggling with the wire coat hanger would work... he took it outside and stuck the garden hose in it and sprayed it out! We had to leave it hanging outside to dry, but I never would have thought of that. Don't think you want to be running water through your built-in system, but maybe if you had a high powered fan or a shop vac... which leads me to another story: our tub drain has been slow for decades, not years, decades, and no amount of trying to get the gunk out worked, until a friend stuck the shop vac hose down it and voila (I like that word lately), it was cleaned! Nasty stuff in the shop vac, let me tell you.

Never ridden a camel or an elephant, never thought about doing it either! I'd rather drive a racecar around a track! :)

NO WINTER YET please... still summer night here, finally turned the fan back on... low 80's today and a bit humid.

Thinking of you Kim and family!

I'd never have the nerve to drive a race car. I'd like to be driven though Helen! May I ride shotgun while you drive?

For one of our anniversaries a long time ago I got Brad 10 laps around Texas Motor Speedway. He loved it so much I got him 10 laps the next anniversary too! It was fun to watch him do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back