Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww Russell Crowe...mmm. Jim we are so glad we all have each other..Sending you a cyber hug today my friend!

I have trouble not liking every post on this thread... calimari! Yum Macadamia nuts...ME lobster...shrimp...homemade whole grain bread! Wine! OK, no wine allowed for Ann until the Kingdom comes--and no one will have migraines then. Y'all do some good eating.

I found Dr. Smoothie at the Kindle store, and it is very delicious--comes in different pureed fruit mixes, and use 1 unit of mix to 2 units water. Peach, pear and apricot in mine. A bottle goes a long way, and no blender needed.

I have an aunt in southern VT. Time to email--she went to bed last Saturday, and awoke oblivious, until they drove to town for errands or something--and was very surprised.

Hope everyone is beginning a safe weekend. Love you all!

Ah yes, Russell is mighty fine. I understand he's a little rough though. But, all I want to do is look at and listen to him anyway. So my Russle Crowe is gentle and sweet and respectful and just a little bad. :twisted:

Good morning Joni Pie and Jim! It's good to be here. I'd go nuts with all this if it weren't for all of you. Truly.

I second that Marta. What a shame we all live so far apart. I think we all get along so well.
Jim, Wouldn't that be nice to get together. You and Zaph are the only brave men who venture here.
Follow me on this Aly, In Gladiator, the woman who played Crowes wife is my sister in laws, brothers wife's sister. Who is married to Ridley Scott who directed the movie. Unfortunately we don't get any free movie tickets.
I like Hugh Jackman. He's hot :)
Happy Saturday to everyone. We all slept in today.

Now Hugh I'll take just as he is. ;)

You bet, Marta!

O you guys are so funny here...lifts my spirit everytime I come by for tea. Today I am going to see a movie with my sister, Pam: "The Help" anybody see it yet. It has rave reviews and so I am looking forward to it. I will have popcorn but eat one kernal at a time very carefully, as it is not the best for bulbar folks...but I am still swallowing pretty good. I used to woof down my food....and at the movies when the action got tense I would eat the popcorn and not even know I had eatten it....ha ha ha....so savoring is my new delight.

Nina and her friends saw it last week and really liked it. They saw Shark Night yesterday. She said it was 'gross" Haha!

Ever see Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind"... unbelievable movie. Sharon, I want to go see "The Help", it looks really good, and probably a good "slice of life" movie for the 60's. Susan, I followed that thread, but what's her name... your SIL;s brother's wife's sister? (Did I get it right?) :)

Younger son is off camping with his Dad, daughter is going off to work 'til 10pm, so it's just the middle son (14) and me for the afternoon/evening! He's cat sitting a neighbor's cat, goes over there 2x a day, his first time doing it for them. I wanted him to get a job this summer, but he was gone too much of the time with his Scout's trip to Alaska... you should see some of the photos the group took! Hey, where is AKMom anyway? Joyce, come back to us when you have a minute hon!

Happy Labor Day weekend all!

Sharon, I've read the book and seen the movie and they were both great!

We're going next door for lunch. My neighbor is my surrogate Mom and I her surrogate daughter when the real Mom and daughter aren't around. Well, sort of. I tend to keep to myself mostly and we just spend a little time together about once a week. I love my neighbors and they love us. We help each other out from time to time.

Helen, It's Carolina Maria or something like that. The family is high up politically in Costa Rica. I think the father was an Ambassador. I know she was Miss Costa Rica and was an actress over there. I'll ask my sister in law.
Have a nice lunch Marta!

Thanks Susan!

Helen, I did see "A Beautiful Mind" and you're right. Great movie! He's a wonderful actor if not a sterling gentleman.

Hi Ann! Didn't see you up there earlier! I hope you're having a good day Dear! I know what you mean about being "Like" crazy. I get carried away.

Love to all!

I know, it seems I'm hitting "Like" on every post, I must stop it! But sometimes I don't have anything else to add, except I agree with whatever profound thing you ladies say! Ann, I'm staying away from the wine as well, only hard liquor for this girl! At least I only wake up with the sweats with a mai tai, and not an incredible day-long headache with one lousy (ok it was good) glass of wine.

Stay well everyone, I'm off to do yet more laundry, never got caught up after the storm. The dust bunnies and dog hair, I'm sic'ing the Roomba on them! Now, if I had a glass of wine and watched that work, that would be fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back