Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, does the Roomba climb stairs? And does it inhale your daughter's long hair? I should get one for Phil for Christmas, LOL. Oh, the cords...I forgot about them.

Meg, we had that conversation recently. I'm sending hugs.

Diane, I'm glad you have been offered meals as well as yard help through your church. And the use of your power chair is noted--it will become easier to maneuver, I hope. In any case, you're lots more important than the woodwork.

My mother in law as a robotic vacuum, I guess it is a Roomba. She loves it! Evidently it does swift work with the dog hair too - all 4 have fairly long hair, too. I may need to get one - I hate, hate, hate to vacuum. Still waiting for my genie to arrive and do it for me. :)

Morning all! Dark and from the sound of the heavy rain,,,,WET. Woke early as usual, now snuggled back in bed with my hot coffee beside me. I just may keep Sam home from school today, why, why not. That would be a shock to him. Maybe we will go to the movies or something. Hubby's back in 5 days so life will be slightly more stressful, one more splurge would be great.

I keep my vacuum cleaner laying about and do a little each day. Spends a week down stairs the a week upstairs. Works well for me, lazy as I am. Belle still seems to be shedding her white hair everywhere despite her elaborate haircut! Messy imp.

Meg, we all should be organized for possibility of losing a spouse. But we never get around to it. If anything happens to Paul, I wouldn't even know where to find the life insurance stuff. I would be very lost indeed. I have asked him on numerous occasions to start a notebook and include burial wishes, etc. Never happens.

Sue, I didn't realize your dogs were blind. They could join my horse. It's weird, she can see the blue feed bucket no problem, but when I take the pink one, and plonked it down right in front of her, she doesn't notice it and knickers away asking for her dinner until I pick it up and poke her nose into it. Must be the colour, or maybe she hates pink.

I hope you all have a lovely day over there.

Morning all, just popped in to say hi and grab a cup of tea and some of those scones, Hey do you guys do take out? that would be greatif ya did. Good to see you all, had to take a break. Still trying to scew my head back on to think straight again, and get my emotions in check.

Good to see you all here, little chatter boxes you are. Went to Taco Bell last night for pizza, my grandson turned 5, oh joy! just had the twins b-day on the 27th, birthdays for my family are never ending, atleast one a month.

Hope you all have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

I'll meet you all at DD's (Dunkin Donuts) for some donuts and tea... you can do coffee if you wish.

I also HATE HATE HATE vacuuming, and with the dog, cats and kids, it's neverending stuff to find on the floor. It's actually a bit entertaining to have the Roomba going, as the dog dances around it. It came with 2 sensors that you turn on and place outside the doorway of the room you're vacuuming to keep it in one room... otherwise, I'd have one clean streak through the whole downstairs, and all the dust bunnies and fur in the corners of the hardwood floor. It also has a sensor to prevent it from going down a flight of stairs, but haven't put that to the test yet. It doesn't pick everything up, and fills up fast, especially how dirty this house gets, but its easy to empty and put back down.

Good evening everyone,
Another hectic day. I'm sleeping in tomorrow.
I think i'm going to look into the rumba. I hate vacuuming. If it sucks up the dust bunnies, i'm in.
Diane, whenever my parents went to Hawaii, they would bring back coconut syrup for pancakes. My mom would crush macadamia nuts and top the pancakes with the syrup. Boy were they good!
Have a peaceful night. I have to lasso Nina and get her in bed.

I just bought a Floor Mate from Amazon. It's the best thing to wash tile. The Rumba is next. Now if I can find a gadget to cook .....

It's called takeout, I highly recommend it... just invest in some paper plates, and no cleaning either!

Lol Helen! I hear you. My Dad does all the cooking when he is here. After tomorrow Bill and Nina are stuck with what I call "chefs surprise" (me)

LOL! You ladies are exceptional cute and goofy this morning! Good Goofy Morning all!

It's cooling off and I can feel the Atumnal Equinox coming! Holliday weekend starts at 2:30 today. Yay! Nothing planned though. You? What's on the agenda for the Labor Day Weekend?

Goofy Friday it is. It is hot as blazes here still. No cooling off until October.
It's going to be a wet weekend. Something is brewing in the Gulf.
Helen, all the restaurants around here have curbside pick up. How easy is that!
Have a great day all!

Susan, coconuts were with macadamia nuts sounds like a real gourmet breakfast. I will share with with Tim and he can add it to our menu. :)

Thanks for sharing the idea. I was telling my massage therapist about all the good ideas that I gain on this forum. She asked me if it wasn't depressing to be so active here. When I told her that it was just the opposite that you were also uplifting, witty, and even a little crazy at times, she was surprised. And now I can add that you are contributors to our menu for guests! :)

I forgot -- it is in the 60s here today, Susan. And I understand we are to have our first frost a week from tomorrow. Summer is gone and Indian summer is just around the corner.

Hang on tight Susan and Patty and whomever else is on the gulf coast! Here we go again!

Goofy Friday, how 'bout Mickey Saturday... how is everyone doing today?

Gorgeous day here, but woke up with a splitting headache, knew I shouldn't have had that glass of wine... at least I should have partaken over at the after 5:00 forum and joined their revelers! I don't know why wine always gives me such a headache, and hard liquor doesn't. But the meds have kicked in, and I'm back reading all your goofy stuff. Diane, I ready somewhere that the early settlers ate popcorn as breakfast cereal, added milk to it. Not sure I'd like it that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back