Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have stopped too. I love music and particularly violin. I tried to learn a few years ago and didn't learn any more than I learned when I was a kid. I'm such an old fuddy duddy. Anyone want to buy a mediocre quality fiddle or a beautiful mandolin? Hardly been used! That was a big disapointment to me not learning one or the other. I can play "I've been working on the railroad" on the mandolin but that's it. My fingers don't work very well anyway. I'm very good with a kazoo though! ;)

Hi all,
Your funny Marta. My Mom took my kazoo away when I was little :(
I hope everyone had a nice Tuesday. My day was, Dentist for permanent crown and toofer cleaning, blood draw at lab, Go to BIL to have him look at brakes that squeak, pick up Nina to go to Chiropractor, a bite to eat now I am finally home to wash Nina's uniforms.
I hope this Dexi works. No way could Bill do this in a day.
Night night all!
Susan

Well, since you all liked the story

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Night Dear Susan!

I went to the Pulmonologist today and everything is normal so far in that area. Blood pressure is normal too. I'll go back in 3 months to see where I am then. Keeping fingers crossed!

Marta, some great news at last. Thats made me very happy. Thank you for letting us know.
Susan do not overdo it my dear. You need to slow down a little bit. Conserve your energy, mind you kids and fellas, dont really allow for much slowing down now do they?
Its a nice wednesday. My new trial patient is not managing her side effects well at all. Been feeling terrible. I told her to half the dose until I saw her today, but did she do that NOOOOOOOO. Shes being playing around with the dose all over the place. Its a nightmare to document. I have dropped it to half for another week and then if she does not manage the full dose she will have to stop the trial. I really feel for her. She is certainly giving it her all despite nausea abdo pain and vomiting. What a trooper. (she has MS).
I am trying to decide whether or not to dop some gardening or curl up on the couch and do nothing till schools out. Hard decision.
Have a nice evening or whatever.
Helen do check in when you get back from the Drs.
Aly

I'm going for an EMG tomorrow, can anyone tell me what to listen for? Is it good have a lot of noise/static or not? I can't remember. I think maybe I'll start a new thread.

I have no idea. I have had 6 and whenever I think I hear something , I am wrong. Best to sit back and leave it to the experts. :)
Think of chocolate.........Good looking men and.................. :)

Why do they do another emg? is it for the Dexi trial?
Good new Marta! I have to find a Pulmo here soon to have a baseline. What did he do?
Aly, How about chocolate on good looking men?

Ewwwwwww yucky. Chocolate flavored male sweat, you just made me bring up my lunch!
I was wanting to ask Hely the same thing!

I've had 3 emgs and don't know about all the noise and what it might mean. I just think it's your muscles and their working noise. I know when they asked me to flex a muscle it really got noisey. But yes, why another EMG Helen! Hate them!

Susan, The Pulmo's assistant put something on my finger to measure my oxygen. I said "Oxygen?" and she said yes. Then she had me blow for 6 full seconds in a 1 inch diamater tube to measure my lung performance. They take a measurement of the first second of forceful exhale and then a measurment of the next 5 seconds of exhale. You just keep pushing as much air out of your lungs for the full 6. Not easy! Then the doc came in and looked over my numbers and records and listened to my breathing until I got dizzy from inhaling and exhaling for him. Then we talked about ALS progression, vents and pegs and all that. I know a man that is totally locked in except for his pretty blue eyes and his big smile. He's a patient of this doctor and the one that recommended him to me. I really like the doc too and am glad he's on my team. He also taught my Primary Care physician when she was a resident. So I'm happy I'm with him.

I was supposed to have an EMG last December and I refused, as I didn't want any more bad news just before Christmas... so it's one that I've been putting off. It's to compare to the series of EMGs I initially had last year to see what the progression has been.

I think I still puzzle the neuros a bit about my diagnosis (at least I like to think that they're puzzled, as it may mean that I have the wrong diagnosis?) due to the slowness of my progression and lack of most UMN signs. For instance, I NEVER had any Babinski sign, and know that now I wouldn't anyway in my left foot due to its foot drop. At my last clinic appt., my neuro (who didn't do the EMGs last year) sat down in front of me and said that I was basically healthy, other than my legs/back and diagnosis, if that makes any sense. My breathing, swallowing are fine, my strength is ok (except for left leg/foot especially), etc. Praying that I'll finally get some good news! :)

Marta, you know the one I hate the most for the breathing test? I hate that thing you put in your mouth, it almost makes me gag every time. Next is the thing you stick in one nostril and inhale as strong as you can. I had to keep repeating it the last time, turns out I had a faulty one. Nothing like pulling that out of your nose and handing it to someone to throw away... euwwww.

Oh, the EMG isn't for the Dex trial, it for the clinic.

I can't find the spot to start a New Thread, and it's driving me crazy!

Helen, I used to forget all the time too! Just go to the page where they show all the forums (For Caregivers, For Do I have ALS?, ect) Then click on the one where you want to start a new thread, and on the upper left side it should say New Thread.

Well, David, what part about that wonderful story didn't you like? It was a link to

Joshua Bell. You all can google it if you like.

Jim

Thank you, posted it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back