Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, we haven't had power all day, but am using a friend's smartphone connection to get online... NOTHING much going on here, 3 bored kids without any electronics... except for limited use on a laptop and netbook. Lots of trees down in town, nothing but a few branches in my yard. Very dark inside the house all day, spent half the afternoon sleeping! Finally took that nap I didn't get yesterday. Ann, glad to hear about your nice evening, glad you're ok too.

Kids cooked up some spaghetti sauce on our camping stove and I had already cooked the pasta up yesterday. Managed to cook a late breakfast before the power stayed off. Hope it comes back on before it gets darker, I wanna surf the net! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Shon... I didn't know him on this forum, but did read a few of his posts. There's been too many deaths this week especially! Which means we're all due for some good news I think... after all we have many more angels in heaven looking out for us.

Gotta go before my netbook craps out! Love to you all!

There you are! I was worried about you Helen. Glad you're okay Sweets! ;)

Shon was a sweet and caring man. I'll miss him very much. His family loved him so. This has been a rough couple weeks!

Here's to a good week this week!

Love to you all

Happy Monday from rainy and sweltering Florida.
Glad everyone is ok after Irene. Luckily it wasn't as destructive as first thought. Unfortunately 22 people lost their lives.
Later Gators!
Susan

Have a great one Susan!

Good Morning to Y'all!
Its a wet one here, but after 5 glorious spring days, its wonderful/ I have stained a fence, put up wires and planted 4 lovely camelias that I will train along the wires.
I have taken out my new Daphne, after finding out they hate sun, and replaced them with 2 port wine Magnolias, that DO like the sun (I think), have 60 white and blue violas and pansies to plane and viola my little english garden will be completed, and it looks so pretty.
I leave in a week to go and pick my hubby up from the Airport. He gets into Auckland at 5am so I am going to stay the night so I do not have to get up at 3.30am. I will instead soak in the jacuzzi at the hotel and enjoy an evening of peace and tranquility, sounds nice.
Today I am going to spring clean.....will be interesting, I bet I give up and go shopping :) or should I say walk endlessly around the shops. well its good excercise.
Hope your days are going well. It was good to hear that you all came through the cyclone safely, but very sad that it claimed some lives.
Helen your house made it through again , without you needing to attend to the windows. I would have done exactly what you did, just trusted that the old girl will last another 100 years. I hope your EMG goes well, or went well (if you have had it). Hate them, but they give good information.
Well I will have a cup of coffee, before clearing out the massive cupboard that is all higgledy, piggeldy......Spelling?

Love and hugs to you all
aly

I don't know where you get your energy Aly Pie! Send some my way, will ya! Wish I could see your gardens.

Love Ya!

YAY, POWER'S BACK ON... YIPPEE!

It was out from about 11:30 a.m. yesterday to about 8:30 pm today... thank goodness, I was playing Scrabble with my 2 bored sons for the second night in a row... and voila! Lights came on... Have a bunch of food that I'll probably have to throw away, but NO storm damage in my house/yard. A bunch of small branches/leaves everywhere is all. Evidently there were 16 roads closed in town with downed trees and power lines, and a huge transformer that supplies 3 towns (mine included) had blown as well... I was driving around this afternoon in the next town over (half of which had power, half didn't... my entire town was out which I don't remember EVER happening before), and saw power crews from Michigan, I think Canada, and probably some other states not in the line of the so-called hurricane. I've seen many storms worse than this, but I guess the leaves on the trees is the reason for all the trees falling, they don't have the leaves on in the winter storms.

The high school is scheduled to open on time, but not sure if the K-8 schools will open on Wed or Thursday.

I'll try to post some pics that hubby took yesterday just after the storm.

Thanks for thinking of me, I missed you all!

At least when you write voila, it didnt come up as Viola, and I am not about to plane my garden, might Plant it tho. Cant blame my ipad cause i am using my computer.

Yes lots of energy today. The cupboard looks wonderful and now I am off to grocery shop. Tomorrow I will be a mess Ha Ha.

I'd like to see someone plane their garden actually! I don't use auto correct on my computer, so all misspellings are mine alone! I had a terrible time typing the message I sent yesterday on the little notebook computer I was using between the smaller keyboard and typing in the semi-darkness.

Wanna come over here and clean out my cupboards? I'm going to have to throw away half the stuff in my freezer/fridge anyway, so I'll be shopping again soon as well. And have to go start/finish the back-to-school shopping for the kids' supply lists that they never end up using half of. If I could remember where I put last year's stuff, I'd save a bundle. NOT looking forward to it, I'd rather not be doing that on the last day of summer vacation...

I found allsorts of missing stuff. SAMs first guitar, missing DVDs, unpacked boxes from our shift 2 years ago! All quite exciting actually.
Happy feet the penguin has left on a ship for Antarctica. They will drop hi
Off somewhere in the ocean. Cost $87000 to save him and return him. Absolutely ridiculous, there people here struggling to eat and they spend 3 years wages on a darn penguin. The worlds gone mad. I love animals but gosh! Oops better not say gosh, the sentinel might get me.

Helen I will come help you clean if you point to what you want done. It would give me a reason to jump on that plane. I quite enjoy cleaning once I get motivation. Good for the wAistline.

Aly...really I hate cleaning!lol

Joni, I hate cleaning too! But I hate my house when its all messy even more... Just wish the kids would pick up after themselves better, I'm so sick of seeing dirty socks on the floor!

Yeah, its crazy to spend that kind of money on a bird, but once it gets the media attention... let's just hope that people weren't billing the government for all that, and its just sort of estimated that's what it "would cost". After all, an aquarium has people on staff already, why would it cost that much more to stick one more critter in there? :)

Hope Sequoia is having good luck today at her Dex trial checkup... Keeping my fingers crossed for you Sharon!

Anyone hear from SueG from Maine? Kinda worried about her, she hasn't been on for a month... Ann, have you heard anything else from Kim's daughters? Hope they were ok in the hurricane. We were out of power for a day and a half due to falling trees/power lines, but the western part of the state and Vermont and New Hampshire have incredible flooding going on. I saw a video of a covered bridge getting swept away that was built around the 1880's.

Let's have some good news today folks! We're due for it.

Aly and girls.

You might have all seen the e-mail going around about Joshua Bell. This young man stood in a place and played the
violin for approx. 45 min..
Any number of people starred and pulled their children along. Quick version, this man collected some 32.00 for his
efforts.

He is a world class violinist. The violin he was playing is worth some 2 and ahalf million dollars. Goes to show, we don't
know class when we see it. His parents live in Bloomington, Indiana. One of the girls in my Sunday morn. class knows
them.

What do you think?

Jim

I think many times we don't stop for beauty. My mom said you can't buy class. Either you have it or you don't

wow. Jim interesting. Would i have stopped. Not too sure, always buzzing about and not always taking in my surroundings. I am improving though. I now hear the Tuis singing, when before I was not tuned into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back