Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a red sock fan? Why do you have to fan a pair of red socks, do they have Bo? :) you are a Crazy bunch of rat patoolies, rat willies or whatever?

howdie all! just read through 5 pages of stuff and my you all are bouncing all over the place aren't ya? So I am gonna try and lighten things up and just leave you with a little info I heard today about the quake back east....

I heard that Obama said that the quake happened because of a fault called Bush's Fault and he set up a commission to prove it. The Republicans said it happened because all the founding fathers collectively rolled over in their graves!

Now I hear that a big wind is gonna blow through the whole eastern seaboard! Hope you all stay safe in the path of Irene.

I have been hard at work and cannot believe another week is flying by!

Aly, The Boston Red Socks are a baseball team. They are rivals of the NY Yankees. They have on ongoing rivalry for years. Down here in Clearwater Florida, our team is The Rays. A ray is a big flat fish. I think you might have them around Australia way.
Helen, Johnny Damon did defect though!:) he saw the light!

Yes, Johnny Damon was lost to the Evil Empire... hey, I think he's great, even if he did go and cut off all his hair to become a Yankee! :) At least we got a World Series first.

Aly, Aly, Aly, wish you could come and see Fenway Park here in Bostn, the oldest and smallest professional ballpark in the U.S.... of course tickets are impossible to get because it's the oldest and smallest ballpark... well, you get my drift! I can't afford to take the kids there, we go to the Pawtucket Red Sox in Rhode Island once in a while, way cheaper and it's fun to cheer on the minor league affiliate of the Red Sox.

Looks like we're gonna get some wind and rain this weekend... I still think it will probably go out to sea, but will dutifully go and do my part for the local economy, and stock up on water, non-perishables, batteries, etc. At least hubby will have to clean up some of the crap in this yard and put it away or it will get blown through our windows. Deciding if I really need to yank the air conditioners out of the windows, but will wait 'til Sat before I do that. Good Night Irene! :)

Helen, yikes... The AC is really important for breathing. Phil is doing all the hurricane prep here. Hospice is doing their prep, getting everyone supplied. My morning aide hasn't yet come...I think the time to call a friend to help me is now. We have a rain system due in today, and hanging around until Irene arrives.

Be safe everyone! Prayers!

Wishing everyone stays safe and high n' dry on the east coast!

Thinking of all of our PALS and CALS
Love and light
Meg

I love that pic of the kids, Meg.
Helen, I guess its time to batten down the hatches. I thought for sure it would hit us. We are due.
Ann, stay safe. Are you near the water or more inland?
Every May I fill gallon jugs, store them in the garage, stock up on canned, buy a ton of batteries and an extra tank of propane.. Every December I water the plants with the stored water, start eating the canned food and use the batteries for Christmas. Thank God we skirted another year without one.

I am the back. I'm not quite sure where to start it's a long story. As you know, I took a bad fall a week ago Friday on the slate floor in my foyer. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room at our local hospital where I underwent a CAT scan. The findings showed that I had a concussion.

However during this scan I had trouble breathing and am now told that I coded before resuming breathing. The aftereffects have left me not only dizzy and nausious but weak and unsteady. It gave Tim a scare and so hospice placed me in their hospice House in Rapid City to give him a rest and me too.

It was good for me -- such pampering... bubble baths, massages, my own private patio and nurses who would take me for walks through the gardens. Heavenly!

However, the rest wasn't as good for Tim. There were guests scheduled and so he couldn't slip away and reverted to old habits of hiding in a bottle.

Friends picked me up yesterday and brought me home but before coming the whole way back to the ranch we stopped at the Sheriff's Department and had a deputy follow us home. Tim has been removed and I have some friends and volunteers who will be helping me 24 seven.

I am drained but feel that I have done the right thing for me. My heart is broken but I will survive this and hopefully I will come out a better woman.

Thanks for all your concerns it kind of happened all of a sudden and I didn't have time to drop you a note so you wouldn't worry. Now I have some catching up to do on the forum as well as here at home. Guests are still on the books through the end of September and I must be able to deal with them and assure they have a good and memorable stay.

I have been concerned for you on the East Coast and hope that always say dry and be in one piece. :) Love to you all -- I've missed you and our cups of tea!

Diane I am relieved to see your post, but sad for your troubles. Maybe Tim will get his act together again--alcoholism is dreadful to deal with. Hugs and love to you.
Laurel

Oh Diane, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all this, and that Tim, instead of stepping up to the plate, bailed on you. I know what that's like as well, but my hubby at least has been in AA for more than 7 years. Thank goodness for good friends helping you out.

It's too bad that after relaxing and recuperating in hospice, that you now are thrown back into the fire. I had a feeling that something was definitely wrong when I went back and reread your last post about your fall and hitting your head... and I don't even want to think about you coding. I'm just so happy to see you back, despite all the problems. Is Tim willing to go get help for his drinking? Even so, it will be a long road for the both of you, and you need to save your energy... I know alcoholics are master manipulators, as you probably are already aware of.

Sending you good thoughts and love, glad you're back.

My *like* is for seeing you Diane. Not the rest. I'm so sorry to about Tim's and your troubles. It's good to see you girl. We've been terribly worried about you.
Love you!
Marta

Oh Diane, I am so glad to see you posting, horrified about your concussion and coding, and am proud of your strength in dealing with Tim. It's wonderful that you have family and friends to help you. Stay strong, and know you're mightily loved here. I'm praying--Ann

Ann, you always say it so perfectly!

Welcome back Diane. We were worried, I am so sorry about all youv'e been through. But very happy you are back with us...:). I was over at your website yesterday and you have the most wonderful, awesome, beautiful home EVER! You are so blessed! Maybe when I get to the mainland I'll pop over to see you. I have to go see sister in Lake Tahoe and a brother in Idaho so you are not to far away, I would like that....:)No more falling! That's an order!

Hi everybody else, Those of you on the east coast hang tight! Prayers for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back