Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Aly, I know you're stressing but I have to chuckle at your signature. It truly does suck doen't it? But it is in how we handle it that makes a difference. Chocolate and Rat's patooties do help too!
Love you a bunch!

Oh sweetie pie you noticed and I only just changed it. Clever you.
Hubby just emailed and said he met with some world MND expert. He sais he would see me. I would love the trip, but no no no more opinions thanks. Anyway Paul is very honored to have been asked to attend his clinic tomorrow for the day. He is supposed to be finalizing his talk for the Rome epilepsy conference, but I think he is feeling thrilled to have been asked, so may go. Apparently this guy is hot on ALS mimics. Interesting.
Since I had chocolate in the night, I have 350 calories to find, so no breakfast for me. Just a really strong cup of coffee.
I got 4 lovely camellias yesterday, so will have to buy some fence stain today, before I put them in. I am going to put some wires up and train them to go along the fence. Should look nice.
I am getting the computer today, I forgot yesterday, silly me. When I do I will make an album from my holiday.
Well better go let dogs out , feed horse and whip to school. Never stops huh?

Good morning all,...Brought my own BIG cup of strong coffee this morning....And Chocolate filled Croissaunts for everybody...:)

So glad you are all here chatting away..does a body good to see ya all. Had my chocolate last night also..:)...sometimes that comfort food helps a little when all around you things get stressful. Dark chocolate is my favorite!Think I'll skip the rats patootie though..lol

Sadie..nice avatar..my sentiments exactly!....Aly, You also hit the thought right on also!,..... Liz, I contemplated your signature last night, you wont believe where my mind took me on that one, it was very thought provking, got very deep...lol

Have a Great day everyone!

Aly,
Think of the south bound end of a north bound rat. That's the patootie part.

Hi All, haven't heard anything yet from Diane's (LadyInn) email address, will keep you posted. I'm hoping Kim is feeling better these days too.

Aly, you're right, it DOES SUCK! And yes, I use a cane, but decided I better use the scooter to get to and from my car as the driveway isn't smooth, and I put my foot into a small gulley and the orthotic didn't bend correctly and down I went... Nothing bruised much, only me ego that's long gone at this point. I have horrible balance these days, and major weakness in my "core" and back area is the problem. I've been using an office chair to scoot around the kitchen, and a rollater walker upstairs but those don't work so well on my stairs.

Good to catch up with you all, have to figure out what to feed the children tonight... no rat patootie for them I guess!

Ok....so I don't really want to know what all the rat patooie references are for....so forgive me if I don't go back and reread. :-?

Just thought I would pop in and say howdy. Also, to share my family with you all. I finally got around to adding a few pictures of my husband and kids. I love them and think they are pretty stinking cute. :grin: Needless to say, no pics of me yet. I am always behind the camera.

Take care and know that you are all in my heart
Love and light
Meg:-D

Meg, beautiful kids, and Ryan looks like an awesome big brother! Hubby don't look so bad either darling... :)

Helen, I sent you a PM with Dianne's phone # at the B&B. I found it. If you can not call, then maybe you ladies can decide on who should call. I do not want to post it here, but if you PM me I will send it to the person who is going to call, or PM Helen if I am not available. I can not call, as hubby gets upset when I get too involved, and with Missy's husband death, I have used up all my brownie points for the month!

I'm not sure I want to call and intrude, but I did send an email this morning to the Inn's email address listed on the website. Thought that should get me a response, but not yet. Thanks for the PM, I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Still thinking of all our losses this week, really hits one to be so affected by someone we never met, as in Krissy's case where we knew her husband. And Missy's husband of course too. And thinking of Kim and Shon as well. I apologize if I'm missing anyone, I'm feeling very scattered today.

Though he wasnt a member of this forum, I am also mourning the loss of Tim LaFollete. There is a thread for him. His videos are amazing. I felt really "close" with his wife, as we are very close in age and it was neat to see people my age dealing with this beast.
My heart is completely dead right now. Not seeing the point in any of this anymore.

Yes, it's been a rough week for sure. Liz, hang in there girlie. We need you to be strong, and your goofy self.

I had a lovely massage after work today. That does help and I smell really good too!

Well, just know that my heart is full of all of you. You mean so much to me.

Love

Diane, Very nice. You must be on proud Grandma.
As for this week, nothing is a sure thing. We are lucky to have each other. Nobody can relate except pals and cals. The rest don't get it.
I told very few people about me. The ones I told either trivialized it or cried and told me about the friends who had it and died.
So, I keep this a secret for now, telling people I have a damaged nerve in my mouth. It's what I have to do.
Liz, don't give up hope. There is always a glimmer of hope no matter how bad things are.
You all pulled me out of the last 3 months. If it wasn't for everyone here I would only get out of bed to pick up Nina from school.
You all give me normalcy. For that I'm forever indebted to all of you.
Marta, a massage sounds heavenly. I had a hair cut and my eyebrows waxed today. ( hey I'm Italian with bushy eyebrows!)
Love to you all,
Susan

Great article Diane, and I agree 100% with Susan. This group is indeed special. We need you Liz, you bump me up when I am down, you make me smile. And last week, you helped me believe in myself despite a bit of a bashing. I have felt better ever since. I know your life is a challenge. Heck, all our lives are a challenge. You are doing great things Liz, great wondrous things, even though you can't see it right now.
You know, it's so sad to hear of others pain, miss the forum members who have left too soon, but we got to know them and care, that's pretty special. We could stick our heads in the sand and avoid illness, avoid the potentially heartbreaking situation, but hey we are way too strong for that.
Love you

Liz, I sent you a PM, hoping you're feeling better soon!

I love the whole crazy lot of you ladies and gents, and you make it easier to get through my day. Even if some of you aren't Red Sox fans... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back