Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann, any damage in your area? My son told me about it, and just said "East coast" and thought it was up here in New England... had a feeling it wasn't! Hope you're well... :)

Susan, you got that right about the #(&(#& Yankees! :) Always a good series of games and tickets are impossible to find (they are anyway, Fenway Park is small!) for those games. I'm not an avid baseball fan, I watch vicariously here and there... much more of a Bruins fan than ever a Red Sox, but I hate the fights in hockey. I love to see a good hockey game. Basketball and tennis is totally boring to me until the very end, all they ever do is go back and forth back and forth back and forth.... yawn. Football is cool to watch once I figured out the rules. Never watched professional soccer, but my kids did soccer for a while when they were little... too many travel games and traveling too far for kids in elementary school! They all drifted into music, scouts, and my daughter loved horseback riding.

So many PALS have passed over the last couple of days, I'm afraid of reading the other threads at this point... I'm tired of the tears rolling down my face.

I'm off to take the boy to band practice, didn't know he was supposed to go last night as we never got a letter (he signed up late) with the schedule. So off to the high school for getting a uniform and meeting the band members from the other town that he's never met! We go to a regional high school, so the kids from the 2 towns get to meet a whole set of new kids in freshman year to become friends with. I think its great training for them when they go off to college in a few years. He's got orientation tomorrow, dance tomorrow night, and school starts next Wed. :(

Love to all...

Helen, no damage, just very odd. Sounded like a large plane flew just above the roof, followed by lots of birds flying past the window. Then the bed began shaking hard--as did the floor. I knew what it was, but had never experienced an earthquake before. We expect hurricanes here.

I felt the quake all the way up in northern ny! That's a long way from Virginia!e

Holy Moly! Do you think God was trying to slap Congress?
NY had a big one about 200 years ago. It would have been a 7.0 if they had a scale back then. Upstate has a fault line through Rockland County. That's where Bill is from. They would say it was he Revolutionary Cannons and war ghosts in the forest. Now and then you would hear rumbles like cannons being dragged. It was the fault plates moving. A lot of creepy lore up there. Ichabod Crane and forest ghosties.
About 20 yeas ago we had a tremor in Long Island. It was like a garbage truck rumbling down the street.
I think we were spared from the hurricane. It turned and is headed up NY NJ way. Hopefully it will downgrade itself.
Goodnight all!

I guess they really the earthquake in Boston, though I didn't feel a thing... not even a little shakin' going on here.

On the news last night they had a shot of all these people looking at a building that looked like it was leaning into the one next to it... all these people staring and taking pictures. Turns out, it's been like that for about 30 years or something! :)

Mother Nature's way of saying "smarten up!" Thinking of Cher in Moonstruck here... ("when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie...")

No one's heard from Diane still? Wish we had a way of contacting her directly... She runs in Inn in what town? Bet we could find it online... just a thought. I don't want to be stalking her either! Has Kim's daughters been in touch lately?

Son is off to orientation at the high school... wasn't too happy with the 2-1/2 hour band practice last night, especially since he hasn't picked his trumpet up all summer! He'll have a freshman dance tonight and another band practice tomorrow night. Told my hubby that he's going to have to start doing all the "night" pickups from now on, my left leg collapsed on my uneven driveway last night and I ended up crawling into the passenger side of the car. That was easier than going back to the steps of the house which was my other option. Luckily, just a little scrape on the knee again. Lucky my knees never looked that great, I was a tomboy (had no choice with 4 brothers and always extras living here!)

Love to all, if I have time, I'm gonna track that Diane down and let her know we're all praying for her!

Fooey, my post went to moderation... guess y'all have to check back later for all the scintillating conversation! :)

On another note, I found the website for Diane's Inn, and sent an email... hoping that we hear that she's ok...

That was smart Marta. I'm really worried about her.

I sent a pm to Shon aka smwelder too. His sister gidget1 said he wasn't doing very well and that was a couple weeks ago. Haven't heard from her either and I can't send her a pm because she hasn't posted but a couple things. I'm worried about him too. Too much too much.

I will send a PM to Kay Marie about Dianne(Ladyinn) I thought I had bookmarked her Bed and Breakfast web site, but can not find it. Does anyone know the name of it? HUGS Lori

Hi guys. I have been awake all night. Just so worried about everyone, sad about the fire in Brisbane killing 11, sad for the forum members passing away, worried about my parents after they returned from holiday early and had mum crying on the phone. Worry , worry , worry.
I have seen every hour, watched television, not much on. Now I have just eaten a kit kat. Sure sign of worry, nothing like chocolate!
It's weird, when I feel like this usually something bad is happening to someone I love. Hopefully not this time!

Hope you all are ok and it's not one of you!
One of the hard thing about not getting any sleep ,is you worry about coping through the day! Stupid really.

Love you Aly

Aly, at the risk of being redundant, I knew a guy who worried all the time. He would drive his wife
nuts. So, one day he went home and told her he was not going to worry anymore. She said; and
how are you going to do that?
He said; "I have hired this guy to worry for me." Wow, and how much are you going to pay this
fellow? 500 a week. We can't afford that! That's for him to worry about. :)

Chocolate is another story. mmmmmmmmm

Blessings,
Jim

Sadiemae, I found it, it's french creek ranch and I sent a message to their email... I think Ann also has the same email. I just hope she's ok, especially with losing some of our PALS this week. Time will tell.

Aly, don't take the weight of the world on your shoulders girl! Put your trust in the Lord... and I also prescribe chocolate, the darker the better! May not let you sleep any better, but if you have to be up, enjoy yourself.

Yum it was a cookies and cream kit kat with 3 different sections, each with different fillings, heavenly.

My usual praying gig didn't cut the mustard so here I am face booking English rels and emailing my long lost husband and chatting to you. Hey pretty darn good really. There is another chocolate bar in the cupboard down stairs, hmmmmmmmmmm too lazy to go get it and I need to squeeze into those new skinny jeans lol.

Jim a compulsive worrier that me :)

I'll tell you it has been such a rotten week. I worry too much too. The darker the chocolate the more health benefits. At this point who gives a rats patootie.
Hugs an love sent to you all.

Rats patootie....I love it.what part of the rat is the patootie., the mind boggles!

Helen you are having way too many falls my dear, you need to be more careful. Are you using a cane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back