Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim are those wireless speakers? Susan that sure sounds good:0 Hey helen, Marta<Aly, and all my other friends. Just ordered the 6 year olds peace sign birthday cake too cute!

thank you all for your kind words! Helen that was a beautiful song and one of my old time favorites.

Well, John has been gone all day since early this morning. He is refereeing soccer games at a tournament. So lil one and I went to the store to pick up some long sleeve shirts for her. But she was not happy with the selections saying they were too babyish. She is going into jr. high school and is the size of a 6 year old. Makes it difficult to get things for her that she will wear! She wants me to go into the junior section to get her clothes, then to 'taylor' them to fit her. I told her I was not a seamstress and we cannot afford to do that, but she may use my sewing machine and take things in for herself! She was not happy with that answer. So we did not get her any shirts.

So I went to get some hair dye because the old roots were needing fixed. Then I guess because of the mood I have been in all day I decided to be bold and do a total different color for me. I am now a RED HEAD! I didn't think it would come out so red, its suppose to be auburn. But it looks really different for me and I think I can get use to it! I will post a picture when I get one. Anyway, that was one way to try and brighten my mood some and the jury is still out on whether it did or not. I am so tired! Only worked a couple hours today and do not plan on cooking if I can help it. Its almost 7pm and I feel like I could go to bed to sleep.

You all have a great Sunday!

Yay for you Joyce!

Is it hot tamale red?

Hot tamales are my favorite sweets ( candy). I could not find any in Hawaii. I just love them to bits!

Go Joyce, nothing like a new hair colour to lift the spirits. I am so glad my kids wear school uniform, prevents all the drama!
I have been able to get into my little knott garden for the first time in months. Spring is in the air, that's for sure. Frosty mornings, sunny clear days and little lambs bouncing among the daffodils :)

Your day out sounds nice Helen. I think it was Susan eating scampi!

You will all be curled up in bed, sounds nice.

Join, it's a pity it's not loud enough, speakers are a good idea. I plug my iPad into the houses sound system and it plays through the house and outside while I am gardening. Just pugs into the hole on the side lol, I am soooooo not computer savvy :)

Sweet dreams, and Linda, I hope you are ok.

Last edited:
Had a real rough day today- emotionally. lots of talking about end of life stuff. tears. exhausting. so i want to post this song- its a sad one. every time i hear it, i think about my PALS and imagine that this is how he must feel. Give it a chance, you may love it like i do

Pearl Jam - The End Lyrics - YouTube

just posted a song id like you all to hear. went to moderation. please look for it when it comes up. ty.

Beautiful sad song, liz....tears rolling....but love is eternal girl and you go for it!

This is one I used to sing when I was a little girl. I popped in my head after reading Aly's post about the lambs bouncing in the dafodils. Thanks for the memory Aly! ;)

Mairzy Doats - YouTube

Love you! Happy Sunday!

Liz, You got me crying too. Beautiful and so sad. Love you Lady Poo!

Ok Liz, you made me cry too... beautiful song

Hello all,
This has been a sucky week. Too much sadness.
Where is Ladyinn Diane? Has anyone heard from her?
Nina starts 7th grade tomorrow. Yup Aly, thank heaven for school uniforms. She is so happy about school. Has everything laid out for tomorrow already.
Marta, My mom used to sing me that when I was little. Still remember laughing at the lyrics. :)
Have a great Sunday(Monday for Aly)

My grandmother use to sing that song to me when I was a wee, small lad. I thought the lyrics were: "Mairzy dotes and dozey dotes and liddlelamsee divey, a kiddledeedivy too, wooden yew."

It never made any sense to me and annoyed me because I couldn't make anything out of it. Later, when I was a lot older, I heard someone singing the song with proper diction and this awkward feeling of stupidity engulfed me.

Still haven't forgiven my grandmother (may she rest in peace...) for pulling one over on me when I was so young.

Now I sing it grandma's way to my grandsons, ha, ha!

I got it right away Kim. Girls are much better than boys at understanding foreign languages ya know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back