Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ann might have it right. I do remember a discussion on the pls board about it being something removed from her lip. Hope a good report comes with your check up Aly!

Linda, praying for you to have an uncomplicated proceedure done. I can only imagine that its a tough road to have to deal with.

Dealing with big time fatigue right now. So much work to do and places to be! But taking it one moment at a time, and the time is going by so fast!

Im planning on seeing "Our Idiot Brother" when it comes out next weekend. Looks so stupid-funny, i cant wait!

Anne kind of right. I had an aggressive tumour removed 2 days after my daughters wedding a year ago. They got it all, but I lost half of my bottom lip. My mouth was puny small, but after a year of talking! It's mostly stretched to look normal, although it's still numb and I dribble when I have soup , ha ha.
Because the lip is very vascular and you can get spread down the nerves, you need 6 monthly checks for about 3 years before the all clear is given. It's fine and no spread, thank goodness. I check my glands often to make sure. If it spreads it's kaput, but it hasn't so I am still hear to bother you all.
Planet of the apes was yuck. Don't see it!

Ok, off to guitar and a walk. Late afternoon here.
Sleep tight little bugs
Aly

Ugh, Aly...an agressive tumor. I'm so glad your visit went well and there's no spread!

Linda, I'm lifting you up as well as Sequoia for an easy procedure!

I think you were asking a while back for movies to watch? Well, it is not my favorite
but it is a very good movie. Just what you need, it will make you cry. Maybe not.

Anyway, it is called "Away with her" 2007 Julie Christie, Gordon Pinsent
Olympia Dukakis. Alzheimer's pulls a long married couple apart.

It is well put together. Get some popcorn or at least your cup of tea and enjoy.

Jim

Joni, I resent the prayer to you...

Aly, glad to hear your checkup was fine!

Jim, I think that any movie with Olympia Dukakis in it has to be good! FYI, did you know her brother (or is it nephew?) was the governor of Mass. back in the late 70's? Ran for President, but shouldn't have gotten into that tank, LOL. He was gov during our infamous Blizzard of '78, on TV with the same sweater on for days as he was in the MEMA bunker, and no travel was allowed for a week.

Glad it's a beautiful day today, no more rain today, it's gorgeous out, and I have to work. Yuch!

Take care everyone!

Just woke up, to frost and no heating again. I just do not have a clue how to work the heating. It's annoying cause I want to be superwoman while my husband is away overseas. It's been a hard week, with one of my trial patients very sick, hospital refusing to communicate with me, worried it could be the trial drug, getting them to stop it, now Biogen is up in arms, blah blah. Hard again doing it all by remote, trying to make big decisions and hopping they are right. Always happens when Hubby goes away!

My Drs appt is today. I have deemed myself clear cause my glands under my chin would be the first place to be hit and they are fine. It was a type of skin cancer, but in just 4 weeks it came up and unfortunately waiting a couple of weeks to have surgery after the wedding ( didn't want to look like a monster) meant it had eroded into the muscle. My dr said it was a beast of a thing.
Well off to do the school run.
Love aly

OkieDokie Aly Dear, prayers for you too Sweets! You be careful with yourself, here? Don't make me come down there! :evil:

Good afternoon my dear sweet friends! I have missed you much this summer and am just now getting a moment to check in. I hope this post finds everyone well and happy.

Our family had a wonderful summer. As you know, my husband and I had a wonderful trip to Kauai for our anniversary. I fell in love with the island and the people. I can't wait to get back! I came home with a treasured souvenir that will last forever. A gorgeous tattoo of a hibiscus and a beautiful purple and blue butterfly. Something that I have wanted for years and found the perfect place to do it.

After Kauai, we took the kids to Gilroy Gardens, Monterey, Lake Tahoe and Santa Cruz! We wrapped up our summer with trips to the San Francisco Zoo and Six Flags. It was wonderful, hectic and fantastic.

I have been back at work since the 5th of August. That has been tough leaving the hubby and kids home alone. The kids go back to school on the 24th. Then I will just worry about hubby being home by himself. :-(

My standard answer when people ask how Brian is doing, is that we are hanging in there. Truth is, ALS sucks. :-x He is barely mobile now, losing the use of his left hand, and slurring his speech. All of this has transpired in the last two months. UGH

Dr. North says that Brian is doing what he is supposed to be doing, but that offers me no comfort. I told my husband that there are times when I hope he will see the doctor and they will say "Oh, we made a mistake. We can fix this!" That is my fantasy.

My brother and nephew built a wheelchair ramp for us last weekend. It is perfect and provides easy access between the family room and kitchen. I have moved my husband's bathroom downstairs so he only has to do the stairs once a day. However, the last couple of days he finally admitted to me that he crawled up the stairs. Very scary....and sad. So this weekend I need to get the dang office turned into a bedroom.

My motto is one day at a time. And if it fits, one second or minute at a time works too. The kids are growing so fast and it feels like everything is on fast forward sometimes.

Break time is over. I have to run. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Love
Meg:cool:

Just wrote a big long post and it went to moderation. don't know what I could have said.:oops:

Yeah, I posted one a long time ago and haven't seen it yet Meg. I guess the guys are probably busy and have it on auto pilot or something. ;)

Last edited:
Richard is on Vacation this week. That's why it's taking a while.
I hope everyone is well. Ran all over today getting schools stuff for Nina. It is sweltering today. Aly is lucky.
Woke up and saw a brown pile on the floor. I was like oh crap. Crazy Maltese 2 pooped. As I went to clean it up it hopped away. It was a frog. I didn't have my glasses on. It hopped under the couch. Bill has to look for it tonight.

Linda and Sequoia are having the peg placed tomorrow (linda) and Friday for Sequoia. It would be nice to say a prayer for them too along with Kim and Krissy.

good movies? everyone MUST see Seven Pounds with Will Smith. Oh MY! One of my favorites. A real tear jerker and a wonderful story.
Aly, I have decided that there will be no more cancer for you because what I say goes... so POOF. NO MORE!
Yes I agree- we need to pray for lots of folks in the next coming days.
Love to you all.

Has anyone heard from Diane in ND?

Hi Ya'll

I am not sure that this is the right Forum for this, but here it goes....

Our Grand Daughter Melissa and Her Close Friend Steven are both in the U.S. Navy and just completed two years of training to be Nuclear
Power Plant Operators and have been assigned to the USS Nimitz Aircraft Carrier.

They just started their cross country driving trip from South Carolina to Seattle, WA.

Request a special pray for them in their journey.

thanks

Hug from Ray

If this not right, let me know.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back