Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marta you had me confused too! was wondering about that..lol Sandy so sorry your mom has gotten worse, but glad for the move, and that you can help. Aly hmm it is so hot here, hard to imagine cold right now, but I know it is coming.Hey Helen, Diane, Liz, and all the special friends here! Have a good night.

Sorry 'bout than Joni, Helen, Aly and anyone else I confused. ;) It's gorgeous here today! I'm going to see "The Help" with my neighbor lady friends this afternoon. I read the book and it was very good and also very painful. The 60's were such an emotionally, politically, racially charged time. It's hard to think of how things used to be for some. I didn't like the way the book ended though. There's so much more to the story. I heard she's coming out with a second book so maybe it's a sequel. I hope.
Have a great morning/night everyone! Love, Marta

Have fun Marta, let me know how it is.
While we are praying for Kimberley, let's include Krissy who is Mike's wife.

Thanks Dear Susan. Yes, it sounds like Krissy needs extra help too sadly.

Hope the movie was good Marta? I dont know the book. I saw the rise of thevplanet ofvthe apes when Sam was off school on Monday, I really didn't like it. Not one bit, infact it just plain upset me!
I am lying in bed in the dark, heaters on and I really should get up. Another day :)
I got some tickets to the Taylor Swift concert next year. I shall have a girls night out with 3 of my daughters. I accidentally did not get a ticket for Sam. He's going to be upset, but I will just have to do something special for him another time. Being the youngest he gets to do heaps of special things.
I have been praying hard for everyone, so much prayer is needed

Notgivinup, so glad you are ok and had a holiday. There were lots of worried people :).

Everyone have a nice day

Hi All,

Glad to be here, it was a rough morning but had a nice lunch with 2 friends... now back to work, but decided to check in on all of us first!

I sent the Psalm 139 (that Ann chose) to basically everyone I could think of on this thread that knows Momof6kids60 (Kim), so if you didn't get it, there may have been a problem with the private message. Let me know and I'll resend it out, just didn't want to post it directly here. Oh, and I'm also going to include Krissy as well...

Love and good thoughts to us all... y'all make me want to be a better person you know!

I wanted to thank you all for your concern about my absence. I did not mean to worry anyone. But it has given me an extra boost to know that I am loved and cared about. Thank You all for your prayers also. I am doing ok. It is a rough road for us all but together we shall make it! Hugs to ALL! Believe, Dream, Hope...:)
Prayers continually for Kimberly and Krissy..."Pray without ceasing"

Hi All,
Prayers are being said for Kim and Krissy. So many people are suffering and it breaks my heart. I read the book "The Help" and I loved it. I saw the movie on Saturday and it was really good but the book is so much better. It usually works that way doesn't it? I haven't been to the movies in forever. It was a real treat. I am scheduled for my PEG tube on Thursday at noon. UGH! I asked the doctor if I could stay overnight and he agreed. Still trying to get my bipap and mask all worked out. RT is supposed to come out tomorrow to see if he can adjust the machine. Our days here in Phoenix are hot and for us this time of year is humid. The ALS association delivered a transport wheelchair and a brand new scooter that a lady donated. It still had plastic on some parts. It is even a pretty blue which is my favorite color. God is good! I am in the process of trying to get a lift for the car so we can transport it.
Ann, I just read Psalm 139 and lifted it up to God. I was very blessed and I hope everyone else will be also. Everyone take care!
Blessings,
Linda

Linda, we will be praying for you. Sequoia is also having her peg this week, so we will be praying hard. Good idea to stay in the hospital overnight. It should give you a chance to rest. Make sure you have some analgesia for after. No need to be uncomfortable if you don't need to be. Great news about the chair and scooter. Some people are just so kind, it lifts the spirit and makes a smile.

Hey Diane, isn't the world an odd place. Most of us would dream of living in Hawaii, and you go on holiday. Many people dream of coming to NZ, but I dream of going elsewhere for a bit. Never forever, because it's a peaceful place and home.

I have a friend popping in for lunch, so must get the soup on. That will warm me up. Thinking of you all sweltering, is not really helping to warm me up. I did discover that I had set the boiler on defrost, so it was not warming the house, just keeping the pipes from freezing......how dumb was that.

Tomorrow I have my cancer check up. It's with a plastic surgeon and I am trying to get the courage to talk tummy tucks. Half of me says why not and the other half says...too risky.....sinful to be so vain......use the money for good not flab!
What shall I do? Oh and what if he wants to look at my roll? I work in the same clinic when I do my dermatology trials. Heaven forbid I wouldn't want to see him naked, cause that would just never leave my brain....seeing me naked would give him nightmares

Gosh......Aly :)

Aly- I think i must have missed something quite important... cancer checkup?

wait, wait. was this a brain tumor? and that is why you have epilepsy now? sorry hon, im not trying to lay all your business out for everyone.

Aly what did you think about the movie? Marta I want to know how you like the movie too~!Wow this is really weird. Linda is having the peg put in thursday, Sharon and Bruce both are having there's put in friday. So we need a big group prayer for all three!Helen could you send it to me please:)Love all yall!oh yea ALY PLEASE EXPLAIN is the cancer thing just a check up?

Aly had skin cancer removed from her lip back when she hadn't with been with us very long, removed just before a daughter's wedding. I know she'll set me straight if this is something else...which I vote we don't allow.

Aly, now you have us worried. Also Where is Ladyinn Diane? Remember I'm a worrier (it's an inherited Italian thing). I come from a long line of worriers.
Linda, prayers to you on the 18, you'll do great. The ALSA association seems like such a Godsend. You'll be zipping all over the place.
To all of you sweethearts, good night. I have a netflix and a cup of chai tea waiting.
Love to you all,
Susan

The movie was great. They changed the ending and it was a good change. The book is good too and goes in to more detail and there were a few changes for the movie. I recommend both the book and the movie!

Linda, great that you are receiving some help and good luck with your procedure. I need to start talking to my Neuro about such things too. I'm such a procrastinator about unfun stuff.

Have a great evening all! I love ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back