Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aly- how in the world to I shave hair off of a toilet?

LOL im so funny

Don't you have hairy toilets in USA. Boy you lot, drive on the wrong side of the road AND don't have hairy toilets..........oh, I see my toilet is hairy because I didn't know you were supposed to clean them, must be mould, ewwwwwww

Two pages of new chat to read... A big welcome to Ray! My brain is in a deeper fog than I knew even existed, but I remember how to clean a toilet, LOL. Liz-Girl, put on rubber gloves, then grab a cleaning sponge and a cleaning spray (or use diluted white vinegar) and clean outer surfaces first--getting all hair off, flush, and then squirt toilet cleaner under the rim....etc.

Linda, I'm so very glad your Bipap was finally set correctly for you! You must feel like Wonder Woman now.

My weekend became fun on Sunday, when after getting home from church, Phil and I talked about the next project next door--my kitchen. After knowing I wouldn't be using it, he was thinking about several changes--and I really had no response to "his kitchen", but now he wants me to plan all but counter height. I'd bought everything but the cooktop already, and he'll make mostly stacks of drawers, with just a few cabinets. We went deeply into detail as to where to store everything. Very much my "cup of tea", groan! "My garden" is really productive this year, so Phil plans to can tomatoes and things in the future. He also wants to let some of the Orpingtons sit on their eggs--hopefully next spring, as they turn 5, and raise some new hens. Yikes...that means some little roos to deal with. Not our strong suit.

Aly, so sorry about your daughter's seizures. Also about yours. I hope your girls all have your sense of humor and fun--that goes a long way for everyone's happiness.

I used to make French Toast from stale homemade bread, Aly. Not good for your new dress size, I know.

Joni, Helen, Susan, Marta, love you! Anyone not named, it's brain fog--but love you, too!

Ann- I do know how to clean a toilet, LOL.
I just wondered if there was a trick to getting all the hairs off first, as they seem to just get pushed around the pot. Never looks clean with a gazillion hairs all over it.
Maybe I need to as PZ labratories to invent a toilet hair remover.... hmmmm. KIM! Where are you? I need your inventions!

Aly- you didnt catch on....
Reread my post. The one about you coming to The States. Like, say for a "special event".

Liz, I keep a container of baby wipes on each toilet for a quick cleanup of either the person, or around the toilet rim... don't flush 'em though, not good for the septic system or pipes. I have the same problem, especially with boys... :) but what I just don't get is how my stupid toilet gets all dusty on the top of the tank? Drives me nuts.

Ok ladies, time to get serious to see if Aly the nut is going to visit us nuts here. Send me a PM and I'll compile a list to give her for planning her trip! Aly, you can just come and stay with me if you'd like to, I'm not gonna kick you out girl! I'd love to take some time off and show you New England...

Here you are, Aly, the "States Song", sung to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell:

Alabama and Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut and more, Delaware, Florida, Georgia then Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, still 35 to go! Kansas and Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, and good ol' Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, and Montana, next Nebraska's 27, number 28's Nevada!

OOOOO..
Then New Hampshire and New Jersey all way down New Mexico, then New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio. Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania now lets see! Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee. Texas then there's Utah, Vermont I'm almost through, Virginia then there's Washington, and West Virginia too! Could Wisconsin be the last one,or are there 49? No Wyoming is the last state in the fifty states that rhyme!

im pretty sure Wisconsin is last. Because the best is ALWAYS saved for last! LOL
Thanks for the laugh Helen! and for the toilet tip!

Hi All!
Another rainy day in subtropical Florida. My grass is nice and green :)
Helen, I remember the state song. Drove dad nuts in the car.Haha!
Aly, you are welcome here. My dad is here occupying the guest room from Nov to March. He's a snowbird. That is a northerner that comes south during the winter. Anytime around that, it's yours. We're not axe murderers either. I am a hot headed Italian at times. NOT like the ones from Housewives of NJ or Jersey shore. They are fake Italians out to give us a bad name.
This is what we do with stale bread, soak it in milk, squeeze the milk out and add it to our meatball mixture.
Liz, I like those Lysol wipes. One minute and it's done. This is something I learned from my mom and it really works for the bowl. A squirt of dish washing liquid and 1/2 cup of bleach. Whenever I smell bleach, Joy liquid and Chanel #5 i think of my mom :)
Have a great day everyone! Off to the Chiropractor.
Love,
Susan

Susan, I wish I'd tried Chanel #5 on the toilet, hahaha! And meatballs; great use of leftover bread.

Wow, where to start
Liz, the special event did not go past me, I just thought you must be going to marry your pals, but didn't want to say that, cause I might be wrong. :) So am I right?

Ok, seriously I will try and do this trip. It just occurred to me that October is very close. Not sure I can make it to Florida as well as Boston, but who knows? Helen, your help would be appreciated and I have always wanted to see new England. In fact it's always been top of my placenta visit in the US. Our exchange rate is amazing against the us dollar, so it's never been a better time to vist.
I can fly to Boston via la or San Francisco. I love San franscisco, spent a weekend there for a trial meeting and really want to go back. I fly star alliance always, cause that's where my points are.

By the way weight loss is now 45 ibs. Only 10 more to go till I reach my goal. Yay. I am losing it very slowly, but at least it's still coming off

Anne chickens sound like fun, but I could never deal with the roosters, way too sad. Maybe they could have laryngectomies! Our new kitchen is mostly drawers, very fashionable. Cupboards are just not the thing daaaarling.

Well got to take Sam off to school.

Ok, I'd be glad to help! But it's getting cold here in October but we could go north for the leaf peepers! Amazing colors through the mountains. I don't walk very far, but as long as my scooter and walker hold up, we're there! I can drive just fine, as it's my left leg that's more problematic.

Call for entries to the "Aly Wants to See the USA Contest"! Anyone who wants a chance to enter this must PM either Aly or myself so she can try to figure out if it's workable in her timetable and budget :) (Aly, we can make a game out of this: use the spinner to see where Aly is going next... will it be Alabama to see Joni? Kim in South Carolina? Ann in Maryland? Marta in Colorado? Liz in Wisconsin? Who's in San Francisco to start with? Susan in Tampa (is it still hurricane season down there, now that's a trip)

Love you all, let's get this travel ball rolling, so we can all live vicariously through Aly!

BTW, congrats on the weight loss... NO Supersizing while you're here, but don't worry, we have GREAT seafood around here. :)

Liz, how's the running and cigs going?

Dear Aly....the crowing of roosters isn't a problem. We and the neighbors don't mind it. They (roos, not neighbors) do like to fight each other--we began with three and gave away the two most aggressive. Kept the sweetie who brings special treats to his harem members rather than eat the goodies Phil tosses them. Oh...they also have no need for ED medication, since they require about a dozen hens so as not to do damage. The unwanted males and hen peckers are given a totally free range life, although short. Did I ever tell you what Phil did when the first roo hit puberty?...He clipped the tip of the beak, since he thought the roo was beating up some of the hens. Anyway, the tip grew back, the roo enjoyed several months of being a man, and was then one who was free ranged at a friend's.

Well, what prolific tea drinkers ye all are. Welcome Ray. Good to meet you. Aly that's a fab journey. Wish I lived in the States to join in the fun. I may have to enlist Barry the geographer to chart your journey on some kind of interactive map. Wouldn't it be magic if Liz's special news was to do with Ray, but then again Liz, you're special in your own right too. Don't know about all the loo talk though. Enough to have to clean them methinks. As to the roosters. Our neighbour just got rid of hers and I'm glad as I live in the city & they crowed right under my window. Love to you all.

Aww hell quit talking about cleaning toilets! Seriously Yall would crap if you seen what I had to clean sometimes..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back